Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Modern Chinese Medals / Re: The Chinese Exhibition Copper Zinc Medals
« Last post by fwang2450 on Yesterday at 11:53:51 PM »
1985 Gilt? brass God of Wealth OMP card sold on ebay for $191.    Seems like a high price to me but i have never seen this card before, plus it has two signatures from Shanghai Mint employees.   Interesting sale, does it have rarity?.....
It is rare variety of an entry level brass medal. The two sides don't match what is often seen on the market. Compare them with the pictures below (taken from coin001.com). Also, the God of Fortune side has the Chinese characters 财神 (God of Fortune) on the right hand side on this medal, instead of the left hand side.
Modern Chinese Medals / Re: The Chinese Exhibition Copper Zinc Medals
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 10:49:44 PM »
1985 Gilt? brass God of Wealth OMP card sold on ebay for $191.    Seems like a high price to me but i have never seen this card before, plus it has two signatures from Shanghai Mint employees.   Interesting sale, does it have rarity?.....
For the vintage Chinese coins the PCGS / NGC label difference in price has expanded.

Sometimes I see no difference and send them to PCGS.
Buy the coin, not the label.  Labels come and go at least for modern coins. My RIP labels since covid started, 82% of the coins came back with the same grade, 4% downgraded and 14% upgraded. For modern I submit 100% to NGC, for vintage I submit 100% to PCGS.  There are some collectors that collect both modern and vintage and surprisingly they tend to be all NGC or all PCGS, they are loyal to one grading company. The discount for inferior label is 5-15% unless it is very special coin with very low top pop.
PCGS MS63 already sold !   Took 5 seconds.
Here is one PCGS for sale too. 
PCGS coin prices have risen higher than NGC for older Chinese coins.   
But NGC is still the best for MCC.
ngc = 50% or less pcgs price for old Chinese coins

I have seen much lower prices for small gold pandas in PCGS holders compared to NGC too.   Now that gold has broke out, who knows what will happen.   Seasoned collectors want NGC but small fry like me like them both.   Even ICG & ANACS have higher prices, at times, in comparison to PCGS.    PCGS must be undervalued....
Can you sell me one for 50% less ?
ngc = 50% or less pcgs price for old Chinese coins
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10