Author Topic: Future of China's Economy and Coin Market  (Read 2408 times)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
Future of China's Economy and Coin Market
« on: September 22, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
A Bloomberg article http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-22/china-won-t-let-currency-rise-soon-in-global-poll-signaling-no-1-economy.html published today includes this information, "Most global investors expect China to become the world’s biggest economy over the next two decades..." There are already close to a million millionaires in that country. As China grows, collectible Chinese coins ought to be an interesting field to watch. This forum should grow a lot, too. Anyone have any thoughts to share on this?

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Future of China's Economy and Coin Market
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »
I agree that it looks to be that way. It seems quite possible that there could be some huge bumps along the way though. As an investor, that worries me. As collector, I don't care, I'll ride it out for the long term. I believe that over the medium to long term, Chinese coins will continue to experience the most impressive surge in the history of numismatics.

With that said, I will add that, over the very long term, nobody can be as inventive and industrious as the Chinese and still end up taking orders from dirty, drunk, illiterate sailors. Unless China stops repeating the same deeply enculturated dead-end mistakes millennium after millennium, it's going to remain a monument to failure. It may take 5 years or 500, I don't know, but I don't foresee a Chinese equivalent to Gorbachev arising to avert disaster before the drunk sailors arrive.

In the end, it may be environmental damage that puts a halt to the status quo throughout the world - for China and everyone else. If that's the case, maybe 20 to 50 years out the party will be over.