Author Topic: China butterly medals?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline fractalfate

• Trade Count: (+1)
China butterly medals?
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »
Looking through some of my odds-and-ends, I found these beautiful butterly medals pictured horribly below. They have no date mark. Eight different butterfly patterns, all with the same reverse of a nature scene with creepy crawlies. Obverse states "World Wildlife Series" and reverse states "Chen Baocai Butterfly Museum." Any idea on date of mintage, composition, rarity? Thanks!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: China butterly medals?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 06:17:45 PM »
A few years ago a 4 pc set of Chen Baocai butterfly silver plate brass sold for $5 or less and i gave a set, some singles away to new collectors.  About 66,000 mint each year?   4 different yrs so 4 sets?
The set in photos sold for $82.   Not reputable grader.    Typical price today.   Beauties but cheapies that keep going up in price....

Ebay keeps rolling out new improvements that are not improvements to me.   Ebay bucks is history...

Kitco  NewsBite   "Mints are running out of gold; not enough physical silver to cover paper-former US Mint Director"

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 11:52:55 PM »
Ebay new manage payments has reduced my total ebay plus paypal fee down to 7.6%, that probably why ebay bucks are gone, they are passing the saving to the seller, which really is to the buyer directly, because I will reduce my ebay prices from being 10% above website to 8% now. 

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »
That is good news from ebay but i rarely sell anything.   Did sell a mountain bike last yr and asked for a discount on the 10% fee so ebay removed the entire fee.    Still think ebay bucks is a good idea and ebay can afford it....

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Ebay new manage payments has reduced my total ebay plus paypal fee down to 7.6%, that probably why ebay bucks are gone, they are passing the saving to the seller, which really is to the buyer directly, because I will reduce my ebay prices from being 10% above website to 8% now. 

I had a 5% eBay bucks offer a couple of weeks ago.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and` More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide
Home of the Valentine Panda
PCGS Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 03:49:40 PM »
Ebay bucks ended April 1st.  Those ebay bucks were great when they did 5% promotions and sales would go up during those periods, but what is even better is people finding you off ebay and buying directly and saving 8% with a check payment and no sales taxes. 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »
Ebay bucks ended April 1st.   

My 5% eBay Bucks offer was received on April 19, however the only time I earned anything in April was during that offer. All other purchases show $0.00.

I agree with you that the best strategy is to avoid eBay and its fees whenever possible. 

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and` More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide
Home of the Valentine Panda
PCGS Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Offline fractalfate

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 06:43:40 PM »
Hey gang! Long time no talk. Hope everyone is well.
Arif, question for you: when you say, "eBay managed payments" with lower seller fees, what exactly are you referring to (because they are hitting me personally for close to 20% final sale price with eBay and PP fees)? Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 09:02:12 PM »
Know very little about silver eagles or peace silver dollar.     Picked these 3 OMP off ebay. 
The last one sold w/ ship under $50.   I would rather own a Chinese 1 oz silver unknown medal for same price....

Bullion jumped up a bit today as the world understands inflation is moving up.    Articles say a sheet of plywood is now about $100 ea for example...