Author Topic: 2014 precious metal coin issue plan  (Read 4975 times)

Offline flora79

• Trade Count: (0)
2014 precious metal coin issue plan
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:05:55 AM »

2014 precious metal coin issue plan is as below:
lunar coin for the year of the goat :
http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=3328
pandas:
http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=3327
others:
http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=3329

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
Re: 2014 precious metal coin issue plan
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »
Chinese sacred buddhist land (Emei Mountain)

Errors in this chart? Are the bottom two coins supposed to be silver coins?

Thanks for the info :)

Offline satosan

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »

Offline flora79

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 03:58:58 AM »
yes, they are silver coins, sorry for the mistakes. corrected. see here:http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=3329

Offline flora79

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:01:00 AM »
Quantitative Analysis on the 2014 Precious Metal Coin Issue Plan: by Zhao Yansheng
http://en.shyzgw.com/New.asp?id=3330
hope it will give some enlightments to collectors
source:
http://www.jibi.net/News/qbdjbd/19307741.html

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »

flora

Chinese sacred buddhist land
proof silver coin round 15.552g (1/2oz) 4*50000

1/2 oz ????   :(
 china has no more  silver :scared:

Offline eurokrem

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »
China Mint had make several false decision in past,

First of all is Price, its all about Money, there are not hundreds of thousand collectors for China Mint commemorative coins, great numbers are collectors AND investors, i am willing to pay few euro more for new coins with low mintage and after year or two to sell one of two sets i buy and buy a new release for money i earn on old ones, thats not posible with China commemorative coins, their prices are so high on release and demand is weak so i could very easy lose money on those coins, so what to do ?
Easy for me, i simply dont buy China coins with those ridiculous high prices with absurd high mintages, is this what China Mint wish to achieve ?

second biggest problem are poor quality of those coins, milk spots on premium proof coins few weeks after receiving them, not with me, i buyed Dragon silver fan 1oz coin and after two months coins became milk spots WTF !
Sharp and excentered edges on plum Lunars, frosted parts full with dots from metal particles they vere stamped on frosted parts of coins, after nice wooden Boxes new sets have cheep boxes, poor quality for much money.

and third are boring motives,

i dont know how chinese collectors see this but in europe are coins with mountains and woods not realy hot, we do have woods and mountains in Black Forrest too.And old Bronze artifacts are realy boring, China had much more to offer than this.

Its only my opinion and if i see sell numbers for new overpriced China commemorative coins there are much people thinking same.

N25

У добру је лако добар бити, на муци се познају јунаци,
 Владика Петар II Петровић Његош 1813—1851

It is easy to be good while it is good, the trouble reveals the heroes.
Vladika Petar II Petrović Njegoš 1813-1851

Offline cloudtoground

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:14:29 AM »
China Mint had make several false decision in past,

First of all is Price, its all about Money, there are not hundreds of thousand collectors for China Mint commemorative coins, great numbers are collectors AND investors, i am willing to pay few euro more for new coins with low mintage and after year or two to sell one of two sets i buy and buy a new release for money i earn on old ones, thats not posible with China commemorative coins, their prices are so high on release and demand is weak so i could very easy lose money on those coins, so what to do ?
Easy for me, i simply dont buy China coins with those ridiculous high prices with absurd high mintages, is this what China Mint wish to achieve ?

second biggest problem are poor quality of those coins, milk spots on premium proof coins few weeks after receiving them, not with me, i buyed Dragon silver fan 1oz coin and after two months coins became milk spots WTF !
Sharp and excentered edges on plum Lunars, frosted parts full with dots from metal particles they vere stamped on frosted parts of coins, after nice wooden Boxes new sets have cheep boxes, poor quality for much money.

and third are boring motives,

i dont know how chinese collectors see this but in europe are coins with mountains and woods not realy hot, we do have woods and mountains in Black Forrest too.And old Bronze artifacts are realy boring, China had much more to offer than this.

Its only my opinion and if i see sell numbers for new overpriced China commemorative coins there are much people thinking same.

N25

Agreed.  The only people that are going to make money are the mint and the dealers selling to naïve collectors.  High mintages and poor quality keep me from even thinking about buying these coins.  Even in the US the 2013 reverse proof US eagles with good quality and mintages in the 230k range aren't selling for much if any profit.  The only 2013 US eagles that sell for a profit are those that get sent for grading and come back PR70s.  Better to buy older rarer coins that show no signs of spotting.

Offline digbird

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:20 AM »
Well said Eurokrem.

Looks like they are taking the pages from the Royal Canadian Mint and Perth Mint. I seldom buy anymore from them for the first reason you stated. A lot are now selling at par or even slightly below issue price, so as an investor-collector this formula doesn't work very well. Sure, there will always be the odd winner coin, but most will just collect dust for overpriced coins. cheers 

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 12:54:03 PM »
eurokrem, cloudtoground & digbird have summed my thoughts very well. 
If it continues on this path I fear even the older issues will be affected.
I have stepped aside to see if the Chinese coin market can recover.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
I have stepped aside to see if the Chinese coin market can recover.

That explains why you've bee MIA NBM. Now go buy some gold pandas before they rise into the stratosphere :)

New issues: after 30 years of making commemorative coins, the CM is running out of amazing ideas. To be expected, no?
I mean, c'mon. They've minted coins about important paintings, inventors, inventions, poets, writings, literature, religious and cultural leaders, endangered animals, caves, artifacts discovered, holidays, political leaders, wives of political leaders.

I know! The CM could make a new coin about being #1 on the SMOG INDEX.