Author Topic: Silver Shih Kai Dollar  (Read 1996 times)

Offline rydwan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Silver Shih Kai Dollar
« on: December 10, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
I have a Silver Shih Kai Dollar, but i don't know that is it orginal or fake ? How can I recognize ?

Offline rydwan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Re: Silver Shih Kai Dollar
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
weight 27,65 g , diameter 39,2 mm

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
Re: Silver Shih Kai Dollar
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 04:05:46 AM »
Dear rydwan,

First of all welcome on this great forum.

Referring to your coin, it is not genuine coin. It is counterfeit.
Form the weight and diameter I can tell you that it could be white copper silver-plated, nickel-plated fake or even alloy of metal reminding silver coin in look. My first impression is that it is white copper silver-plated fake, but this type of fake has from 26,1g to to 26,3g weight and diamter is close to genuine coin: 39mm. I would say that this is alloy of some metal which reminding silver coin, but it is not silver coins. Your coin is too heavy-overweight + diameter is too big. The genuine fatman dollar 1920 should have 39mm in diameter and from 26,7g to 26,9-27g the most correct weight. The design of your counterfeit came from the the design of genuine YSK silver coin: 10 cents 1914 (variety from Fujian province), where those 3 parts which I marked on obverse looks similar to those parts on obverse of your coin. Please take a look and compare. The market price for your counterfeit is about 3 USD here in Shanghai. I suggest you to return this coin to the seller and get full refund. For more information about Yuan Shih Kai dollar 1920 and varieties you can read over here:

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=4401.0

Hope I helped you somehow:)

Best wishes from Shanghai
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)