Author Topic: King Kong restaurant tokens  (Read 1315 times)

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
King Kong restaurant tokens
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:38:00 AM »
Dear all,

One of the most famous restaurant in old Shanghai was King Kong restaurant also known as Jinjiang (錦江) restaurant. This restaurant nowadays has many branches in China and all over the world.

In old times I was located on Rue Wagner Road 31.

7 tokens were issued:

One was issued by Riley with denomination 10 cents which was used for slot machines. These tokens were made of brass with 21mm in diameter. They were not issued by the restaurant (no image available).

Nr 2 token was nickel-plated brass with "*King Kong Restaurant*江錦 (within a circle) 31 Rue Wagner. On the reverse was "20" within double circle. Diameter: 20mm (A1 photo).

Nr 3 token looks the same on obverse to nr 2, but it doesn't have number 20 within the double circle. It is also nickel-plated brass. Diameter: 20mm (No image available).

Nr 4 token has the same obverse as Nr 2 & 3. It is made of brass. The reverse shows Female portrait, facing left. All letters on obverse are incused. Diameter: 21mm (A2 photo).

Nr 5 token has identical everything except a fact that all letters on obverse are reliefed. Diameter: 21mm (A3 photo).

Nr 6 token has 19mm in diameter, made of brass. The obverse is the same as Nr 2,3,4 and 5, but reverse is different. It has incuse word "KING KONG" within a circle (A4 photo).

Finally nr 7 token looks identical to nr 6 except the toekn is more wider
or narrower. I am not sure because I didn't see this piece (No image available).

Thank you for your reading. That's enough writing for me for today. I hope you enjoyed reading my all post from today.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)

Offline KONDi

Re: King Kong restaurant tokens
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
Nr 3 token looks the same on obverse to nr 2, but it doesn't have number 20 within the double circle. It is also nickel-plated brass. Diameter: 20mm (No image available) - now available but not so clear image. However it must be enough for a while.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline KONDi

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
This token is a little better image of the Nr 3 token which I mentioned in post from 23rd January.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline KONDi

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:05:04 AM »
Over we have the last variety of King Kong Restaurant token, but this one wasn't issue by the restaurant but by E.T.Riley and it also belongs to ETR series.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com