Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture?  (Read 96772 times)

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: What's wrong with this picture?
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2013, 03:29:38 AM »
hippanda

if 2001-D was ever packed in same Shanghai wrap too?

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 12:47:46 PM »

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:18 AM »

xu hong

sorry ...  -1 :cursing:
i thought those times are over. :(

Got it. The 2001-D never came in Shanghai wrap, and the photo shows a seller selling a resealed sheet of a mint wrap which was never done.  Suspected the same. Thanks wg.

Disappointing.
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Pandapaule

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2013, 01:36:32 PM »
HI

I bought 2001 D with Naomi. Figure Ebay was Shenzhen. Was delivered.

Is there really only one slide? There's also at AU Big D and small D?

Was ist mit 2004 ?

Thanks
PP who knows nothing more soon  :confused1:

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
hmm, this discussion is very interesting,

in past there was issue about resealed coins and seller was a Chinese business man from china, now it is an USA Firm and nobody gives any attention about it, instead there are Pictures of allegedly fake pouches from ( again ) Chinese seller in attempt to camouflage those fake OMP from USA.

very interesting indeed   ...  

I’ll only make one post in this thread regarding the insinuation of USA favoritism.  

For a person to come to CCF and assert that other members here are turning a blind eye to chicanery because the deception is perpetrated by an American company is borderline retarded. This claim is so outlandish and nearly racist that it barely requires a response but to the extent that it does … I’ll make these few points.

First and foremost … this is a global coin forum with members participating from countries all around the world. Disparaging comments towards any country or nationality should not be tolerated as we are a community of people with various nationalities congregating here at CCF to discuss our enjoyment and fascination of Chinese Coins. Condescending remarks about nationalities only serves to draw lines where there should be no division … let’s leave that to governments who seem to be pretty good at it regardless of what their people think.

I’ve been here at CCF for a few years and those who have seen my posts and those posts of other members such as hippanda can conclude that we have always railed against any and all unethical nonsense committed that has affected our hobby regardless of the wrongdoer. It doesn’t matter if the offender is an American, Chinese, German, Japanese or if it’s a single person or large company … trickery has never been accepted, has always been exposed & denigrated.

Initially I did not bother to make a comment on this thread because I have made countless comments in the past on other posts regarding my feelings towards the practice of “resealing” coins. There have been endless and heated debates about this issue. There are some who apparently don’t care and then there are others such as me who absolutely detests this practice of resealing coins … I have the same aversion to this practice regardless of what nationality the perpetrator or company is but I’m not going to waste my time or breath every time someone posts a picture of a resealed coin … everyone knows my position and I don’t feel like beating a dead horse. My lack of comments had nothing to do with a “USA Company”.  

Also there are 100’s (possibly 1,000’s) of CCF threads that have been initiated over the years to alert other CCF members of fake coins, questionable dealers and deceptive practices. I’ve never seen any particular nationality targeted in these “fake coin” alert posts … all dishonest persons/entities were fair game and equally exposed.  

There was a thread I started a few months ago where I vehemently challenged the deceptive practices of a very large American coin dealer/company and many other members here on CCF who are American also did the same. If I or any other members here were showing favoritism towards American companies then surely this would have been the perfect opportunity but we expressed our view that what was occurring was abhorrent and unacceptable. We absolutely “held no punches” because the company was an American company.  

Hippanda started this thread exposing deceitful tactics of a “USA Company” so I am really having trouble understanding the logic regarding the nonsensical statement “in past there was issue about resealed coins and seller was a Chinese business man from china now it is an USA Firm and nobody gives any attention” … ummmm HELLO !!! He is EXPOSING a company from the USA, what are you not comprehending ????  

In closing I want to say that I am an American and damn proud of it, I love my country, the freedom I have, the luxuries I’m afforded and the wonderful life I live with my family. I also respect all other races, cultures, nationalities and wish the same for them as well. With this being said I can also say that I will always expose dishonesty and unethical behavior regardless if it’s a Chinese, American, German, Canadian or whether it’s an individual, company or corporation. I believe that hippanda and most others here at CCF have this sentiment as well.

:001_smile:

Online Bearcat

• Supporter
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2013, 11:22:40 PM »
Well said comeaux! Always refreshing when you serve up a "straight shot"!

Offline wittu

• Supporter
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »
@comeaux

i am very sure, this was not a question of race or nationality ...

at least i can say that from my point of view (i know, you didn`t refer to my postings...) and i am sure not from eurokrems view either, but i do not like being characterized "as a german"  or whatever...especially BECAUSE of these things, that you pointed out.

Why i stepped back and why i want my decision to be understood and accepted:
i am new on this Forum...i don`t know anybody personally...i do not know, who is a dealer or not, who sticks together with some Company and so on...
please believe us: in our Forum we point out the german dealers, too  (for example the german dealer, Hippanda pointed out...SHE was mentioned in different Forums several times within the last weeks, after we found out her selling "FMP" as OMP).
Collecting chinese coins is my Hobby and i have no interest in getting too hot discussions....but i react emotional and pi...off, once i get to know, big Dealers (or small private sellers) make it harder to enjoy it or play around with collectors money. And the more i get to know, the more it makes me sick!

Like i mentioned before: i enjoyed my senior year very much. The ONLY thing i really didn`t like was the american news on TV and newspapers at that time, pointing out ONE view of the world (i am sure, things changed since 1988)  :001_rolleyes: but that`s a totally different discussion... so many nice friends i met and made...but when it came on subjects such as worldwide politics and "understanding", ...from my point of view, many of my friends failed, cause of missing knowledge...not even able to show where the big evil enimy Russia (Rocky movies were "in" at that time :001_smile: ) was on the map, neither countries like England, France or Germany, Australia, China or even a continent like Africa or whatever.  And after showing me a fridge and microwave  N16, they would drive home with a BMW  N23  :thumbup1:.  Of course not EVERYBODY!!!  N25

wittu N48

edit
by the way- HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY STATEMENT ABOVE  :biggrin:: is someone able to tell me, why many Dealers wouldn`t sell to Germany (but no Problem to asia for example)? Is there a special difficulty with shipping or something?

edit 2
Hippanda  N40 most of the times, i am emotional for about 2 minutes, if nobody REALLY attacks me. But as long as i cannot trust somebody, i am rather at the sideline, reacting emotional if someone doesn`t accept that.

Offline Pandaguy

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »

In closing I want to say that I am an American and damn proud of it, I love my country, the freedom I have, the luxuries I’m afforded and the wonderful life I live with my family. I also respect all other races, cultures, nationalities and wish the same for them as well. With this being said I can also say that I will always expose dishonesty and unethical behavior regardless if it’s a Chinese, American, German, Canadian or whether it’s an individual, company or corporation. I believe that hippanda and most others here at CCF have this sentiment as well.

:001_smile:

AMEN to that!!!  I wholeheartedly agree.  And to those AMERICANS who do not agree, just go to any foreign country, and your eyes will be opened. Trust me!  I LOVE AMERICA!!!!

Offline wittu

• Supporter
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2013, 03:22:08 AM »

AMEN to that!!!  I wholeheartedly agree.  And to those AMERICANS who do not agree, just go to any foreign country, and your eyes will be opened. Trust me!  I LOVE AMERICA!!!!

good example! Thank you  :001_rolleyes:

BTT: These things, that were mentioned before (wrong sealed coins from a big dealer)...did many of you know that before? I didn`t know that before and i am really shocked. And i think, IT IS strange, that there are not more people responding?!

wittu N48

Offline wg

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2013, 04:23:51 AM »
sometimes i wish they are resealed  :001_rolleyes:

for ex .. before i get pandas like this. :(

regards

Offline wittu

• Supporter
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2013, 04:26:23 AM »
 :w00t:

:lol: what a GREAT Picture  N27
thanks for sharing!

wittu  N48

Offline wittu

• Supporter
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2013, 06:55:52 AM »
@wg

you should "make the day" for the NGC employes and send it to them exactly like THIS.  :blink:

I really do hope, that the deal "ended" o.k. for you?! This looks like "a lot" :001_unsure:

wittu N48

Offline wg

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »

wittu

one bad (rim)
one with a scratch on the backside
but the rest looks not bad. ;)

regards

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »
wittu

one bad (rim)
one with a scratch on the backside
but the rest looks not bad. ;)

regards

Very nice wg !!!

I think you have the finest collections of Chinese Panda in the world, I’ve never seen anyone else close.  :thumbup:

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »
Attached are pictures of Shenyang and Shanghai mint pouches. First five pictures are example of 1/10 oz from 1991 to 2004. The last picture show 1998 ½ oz. It appears that two different seal patterns from Shenyang mint for 1998 ½ oz, since I bought these coins more than 10 years ago, long before mint started to seal coin for a fee. In addition, up to now, I have not seen resealed pouch from Shenyang mint. The paper insert of these two different Shenyang Mint patterns are identical.

Notes:

1.   2001 D was issued by Shenzhen mint and 2001 was issued by Shanghai mint.

2.   2000 mirror issued by Shanghai mint and 2000 frosty was issued by Shenzhen mint.

3.   Shenzhen Mint was not in operation until 1997. Any coin prior to 1997 sealed with Shenzhen pouch was resealed.

4.   Shenyang mint issued small date from 1990 to 1995 and large date from 1996 to 1999.

5.   According to China Gold Coins Inc website, as well as red book and Mr. Ge, starting 2005, gold pandas were issued by three Mints (Shanghai, Shenyang and Shenzhen). However, I have not seen any gold panda in Shanghai, and Shenyang mint pouch for any size after 2005, except the 2008 1/20 oz sheet found by 1668Chris. Two large dealers inside China also had never seen any post-2005 gold pandas in Shanghai and Shenyang mint pouch either. IMO, the 2008 sheet may not be sealed by Shanghai mint, but by somebody else, since the paper inset does not fit the pouch and seal pattern is slightly difference from other dates as show in the attached picture for post 2001.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
Poconopenn-

Fantastic, as always.  Thanks!

In your first photo, coin on right, is that 1993? (Hard to read).  Shows triangle edge pattern? First year for it?

Also another photo shows 1997 with tiny pattern, to answer question earlier in thread that 1997 came in both triangle and tiny pattern. So both NBM and Mook have different but genuine.

Seems triangle pattern then goes back to maybe 1993?
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius