Author Topic: Welcome to the New Chinese Paper Money Thread!!!!  (Read 17166 times)

Offline james007

• Trade Count: (0)
Welcome to the New Chinese Paper Money Thread!!!!
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »
Welcome to the New Bank Note Thread! I am James and I started collecting a year ago. Went to a coin show and couldn't find a panda. But I did find a new hobby that I didn't want to start. Bank Notes. The last year I have been reading Adam Biagis articles in the Pricepedia. I told myself I would never even think about it. Until that coin show with no Pandas. You see I found thee most beautiful note for $12.00. The 1914 10 yuan bank note with a train and steamboat. I saw instant value and beauty in what I was holding.

Ever since I have been on the hunt in the east coast searching for notes! And I found them!!!

Welcome to the thread. And Thanks to Peter Anthony and Adam Biagi and my good friend Slei that I went to the show with!

Offline james007

Re: Welcome to the New Chinese Paper Money Thread!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »
Here we go! Please post pics!!

Here is a note at pmg right now.

Look at that date and quality! I won't sell a perfect Chinese note.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »
I picked up about a dozen good quality notes myself in the last 1 1/2 yrs.  Some old ones too.  Too cheap to pass up.  The most I paid is $10 USd for a Chinese 10,000 gold units note.   Chinese notes including the common ones I have, should see a price increase as the entire Chinese money market is going up.   MCC are best but notes should rate up there too.......

Offline james007

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »

This note comes in a set that I have 2 of. Still looking for the third.

Picked it up at the Memphis show.

Offline james007

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »
I picked up about a dozen good quality notes myself in the last 1 1/2 yrs.  Some old ones too.  Too cheap to pass up.  The most I paid is $10 USd for a Chinese 10,000 gold units note.   Chinese notes including the common ones I have, should see a price increase as the entire Chinese money market is going up.   MCC are best but notes should rate up there too.......

If you want cheap notes you have to tell me where to find them. Because the first red note I posted is making gains even and its a common note. It would be awesome if we were also a note community so we could trade back and forth. I don't trade my MCC because something in my brain cracks and says NO!!!

Offline james007

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »

I just wish I was picking these up for $5.00 a year ago.  IN Chinese notes you are going to be able to find very good quality 100 year old notes for $10.00 to $15.00. 

Offline james007

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »

You will only find this note graded 8 times on PMG. Paper Money Guaranty.

As the only coins I want on my MCC list are over a thousand dollars. It becomes very tough to play fast and hard with them. So I fell into these notes at a good time.
Hopefully I can post everyday if you guys don't get sick of me.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
Nice notes James.   Here are some of mine and I am clueless to value......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
Was told mine are common but have they gone up in value?   Have some more, some w/ airplanes, etc.......

Offline james007

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 12:16:05 AM »
I love the theme notes. Like the trains and junk boats. I believe these will always hold better value. You gotta check ebay  once in a while some pristine notes that you can make a collection with. I collected a few Confucius notes over the summer that have the best stories.

Will try to go over the notes later and see some values. Most of the time soiled or bent bills have no value at all unless they are really rare. The trains you have are awesome, but some others with bends really takes away from the note.

Offline james007

Chinese notes value....Pandamonium!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 07:18:58 AM »
Just checked the notes. I think I would value the ten at $100-$175. I have all the same notes you have. These are very common notes. At least you didn't do what I did and fall backwards by sending them to pmg at $30 a pop.

I will post those tonight.

I always learn the hard way.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
My 5th attempt to post, have no clue what is wrong.  Most of my notes were about $1 each.  It makes sense that those w/ a bend in them have little value.   Will not grade them for now as they are probably not worth much.  Will sell them someday when they have value.  That is good news that one of them may be worth $100.  Let me know if any others have potential.  Have a few more besides these last photos but I have posted enough.......

Offline PandaQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
Nice notes both of you!

I bought a couple in 2011, met a dealer from a local coin show that had a book full of notes. I picked these out cause they were the older ones. Curious to what their worth?, I bought them cheap (i think) $15 for both. Even if they aren't worth anything they're still neat with cool art work.

Offline PandaQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
One more 1918, unfortunately not in perfect condition.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »
Nice notes PandaQuest.   Have no clue if mine are real, fake or maybe some other country.   Look at this 2000 dragon uncut for $5798  Ebay # 161023811169   It is either very rare or over priced, maybe both.......