Author Topic: Welcome to the New Chinese Paper Money Thread!!!!  (Read 15235 times)

Offline james007

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Welcome to the New Chinese Paper Money Thread!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 11:18:30 PM »
Those notes with just he train on the red note is really in demand.

Offline james007

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 09:19:29 AM »
For sure they are real! That 1 yuan red note with the train on the front is in big demand.

Offline james007

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »
I meant the whole lot bud. You think panda stats are mind filling. Notes stats are 10X worse. There are 10,000 Chinese bank notes. Now try to figure out how many   actual perfect notes there are. Impossible.

Now ask your self where the hell are they? Ebay holds mostly common notes with about 1%-3% of those auctions containing a rare note. From my perspective; talking to many dealers. They do not want to sell. Just like pandas with coin shops notes are put away until the seller feels they have reached a price they feel viable for there bank note.

Then there are some really big dealers that I have talked to at the shows. After a hello and asking about Chinese notes they would amaze me saying we take our  Asian notes to Hong Kong! Yikes that is not a couple tanks of gas! But that's how much you can make taking your rare notes to August Hong Kong Show! I may not have enough to go to auction at a Hong Kong Show. But I can dream!

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
Why the Hong Kong Show?  Higher prices?   My guesstimate is now is a good time to hold Chinese notes.  They will go higher in the near future so may as well hang on for better prices.  I was offered 3 notes recently by a local but the price was too high so the public knows.  I also read not many for sale..........

Offline james007

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
Why the Hong Kong Show?  Higher prices?   My guesstimate is now is a good time to hold Chinese notes.  They will go higher in the near future so may as well hang on for better prices.  I was offered 3 notes recently by a local but the price was too high so the public knows.  I also read not many for sale..........

Panda!
I believe the Hong Kong Show has the most people from all of Asia. But that is just a guess. Also I maybe wrong again but I think it's a ANA show which has a Universal Management team that can setup a convention hall and note have any worries about overbooking and security. 

Higher Prices Yes!! We just need a book besides the current publications that really dive into Chinese  notes.  Remember before Peter's book there were not many on the hunt for the panda. Nobody knew anything and many coin shops were not even taking pandas.

Today coin shops now know there are a million of Chinese collectors that like pandas. That is only because of Peter's book.
If we can find a Mr. Gee of Chinese bank notes and Kevin Biagi that can really help us with a English Version that would bring
safety to buyers who want to get in on the game but just worry to much about it.

Not many for sale and only one stash in the Country of Turkey and those guys aren't selling.

I traveled the east coast over the summer looking for notes. I made some cash on some notes and lost on the travel. Still great learning experience. And that learning experience is don't do that again.

There is a dealer I keep emailing about notes once a month. He never returned my emails but I figure when he does call back; it's a good time to sell.

Last but not least there are ten thousand notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 10:38:01 PM »
10,000 different Chinese notes is alot.   100,000 mintage of a silver panda is alot.  Same old statistics.  When 1/5th of China's population can afford to buy, that is equal to the entire US population of over 300 million or 300,000,000 plus.   Now look at the population of the rest of the world that can buy Chinese money.   The available cash on the sidelines that is looking for Return On Investment is $ billions (1000 X 1 million) or $ trillions (1000 X 1 billion).   So the amount of buyers and available cash is beyond comprehension.  IF Chinese money gets hot worldwide then a shortage of notes and silver pandas could happen quickly.  (Of course war w/ Syria could get real ugly as Russia and China have troops in Syria or on the way.)    The math is on the side of high quality and low supply.............

Offline james007

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »

10,000 different Chinese notes is alot.   100,000 mintage of a silver panda is alot.  Same old statistics.  When 1/5th of China's population can afford to buy, that is equal to the entire US population of over 300 million or 300,000,000 plus.   Now look at the population of the rest of the world that can buy Chinese money.   The available cash on the sidelines that is looking for Return On Investment is $ billions (1000 X 1 million) or $ trillions (1000 X 1 billion).   So the amount of buyers and available cash is beyond comprehension.  IF Chinese money gets hot worldwide then a shortage of notes and silver pandas could happen quickly.  (Of course war w/ Syria could get real ugly as Russia and China have troops in Syria or on the way.)    The math is on the side of high quality and low supply.............

You know the difference between me and you is obvious. You have been around the block a few times. And This is all new to me. All these technicalities about studying a note so much has hurt me in collecting. Thanks for showing up! That's why I try to tell everybody buy perfection. Because perfection runs out first. It just runs out faster 90's  Ana medals. I don't think we will be happening these conversations in a year. I do believe it will be season of the notes in the next couple years. The Scarcity is already there and If people decide to bid it maybe a huge war. Gem Uncirculated is going to be a something we are going to have to get used to.

Good Luck Everybody!

Offline PandaQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »

1960 2 Yuan note-  My most recent Chinese note find, and also the most interesting note too. They range from $300 to $1000 graded PMG high grade, and have noticed there are two varieties. The regular version is called "stars" and what seems to be the more rare version is "stars and pants" which sounds really funny. And I have no idea what "pants" represent. I haven't been able to find good info explaining the difference between the two.
   The only thing different I see is there is some extra blue in background behind the green art work on right side of note next to the man working the printing press on "pants" version. But that's going off one "stars and pants"note, I could be way off on this one. If anyone has any info on this note I would greatly appreciate it. It doesn't seem really rare there are several examples on eBay, but the high grade ones being offered are not cheap by any means.

Offline PandaQuest

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
 N14

Offline digbird

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »
N14

I don't know much about notes I confess, but sure do enjoy looking at them. They sure saw an increase in prices the last few years. I first saw them around 2010. Guess I missed the boat.

Thanks to James007 for bringing this thread to life for paper notes. cheers

Offline james007

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
It's a posting night! Dig thanks for the Hello!!! Called you a dozen times today bud!

Offline james007

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
1960 2 Yuan note-  My most recent Chinese note find, and also the most interesting note too. They range from $300 to $1000 graded PMG high grade, and have noticed there are two varieties. The regular version is called "stars" and what seems to be the more rare version is "stars and pants" which sounds really funny. And I have no idea what "pants" represent. I haven't been able to find good info explaining the difference between the two.
   The only thing different I see is there is some extra blue in background behind the green art work on right side of note next to the man working the printing press on "pants" version. But that's going off one "stars and pants"note, I could be way off on this one. If anyone has any info on this note I would greatly appreciate it. It doesn't seem really rare there are several examples on eBay, but the high grade ones being offered are not cheap by any means.

Awesome note bud! I can't believe you may have a $1,000 note!!!

Offline PandaQuest

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 03:12:55 AM »
I'm not sure if this is even Chinese, it was in a batch I picked up earlier today for next to nothing.  The only numbers I see are 100 and (29). I don't see a serial # or date. If anyone can read this note I'm interested to know what it says, and possibly figure out how to research this interesting piece. Thanks in advance and as always its greatly appreciated.

I'll be the first to admite it, I'm having a blast with this new hobbie. I guess after this past year of constantly going to local coin shows and stopping by coin shops and finding next to nothing, literally a hand full of decent coins it can brings you down. I've gone back to all my resources and have discovered almost all of them have a supply of Chinese notes put away and forgotten. Its a shame this fascinating and historical currency is neglected, but it leaves the door wide open for new opportunities!

Offline james007

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 02:18:05 PM »
I have one! Extra Fine condition. I am so lazy! I really gotta put some pics up!

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »
Picked up 3 circulated notes for $5.  One is close to uncirculated but has a crease in center, so cannot grade it.  Why did I buy them?  As we all know the US dollar will buy less and the Chinese Yuan will buy more.    So why not own notes, even the so so ones.   Can't lose if the price is right.....