Author Topic: New member to this fantastic forum  (Read 3277 times)

Offline pandacoins

• Trade Count: (0)
New member to this fantastic forum
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:45:20 AM »
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself briefly. I have been a lurker for quite some time but I am in the market for some new pandas and have 1 or 2 I might sell so it required signing up. Hopefully i can be a productive member of the forum and bring my knowledge about these great coins and maybe learn a little something as well. :-)

Offline Hippanda

Re: New member to this fantastic forum
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
Welcome to The Forum.

Congratulations, you are on track to meet the 25 post requirement to sell on your very first day!  
But Snowball also placed a thirty days requirement too, if that matters.

BST Forum Rules/ CCF Auction Rules:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7471.0

So, what's your favorite Chinese coin?
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline pandacoins

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:23:17 PM »
I actually joined in January. :-) I like most every year although the last couple years they have really ramped up production, which was probably inevitable due to their worldwide popularity. This is one reason I like Pandas so much is they have fielded a great coin most every year since their inception so it makes it hard to choose, but also increases my respect for the series since it does have a new design every year. I think this was a very shrewd move on the part of the Chinese government as it has really stoked peoples interest in a way that coins from other countries have not due to their being the same every year. I like the newer styles a lot, there is a lot more detail in the fur etc, but something about the older ones have a simplicity to them that is lacking in the newer styles which I find appealing. But as for which is my absolute favorite, I would have to say my favorite is whichever one I got most recently hehe. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to The Forum.

Congratulations, you are on track to meet the 25 post requirement to sell on your very first day!  
But Snowball also placed a thirty days requirement too, if that matters.

BST Forum Rules/ CCF Auction Rules:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7471.0

So, what's your favorite Chinese coin?

Offline pandacoins

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
I guess I should have made clear I was referring to the Panda. I would guess you would deduce that by the "fur" remark, but just in case. I actually only know the Panda. I could not even name any other Chinese coin besides the panda to be honest. I collect most coins of the world, not just Chinese.

Offline Vredaren

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 03:35:59 AM »
Welcome to CCF! I agree with you that compared to other series with new designs every year they have done really well with the panda!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Offline pandacoins

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Yes, I think it was very smart of them because you have a lot of people who feel compelled to get "this years" edition when they come out each year. And then of course the mintage changes every year as well so this generates a lot of demand for scarce years.

Welcome to CCF! I agree with you that compared to other series with new designs every year they have done really well with the panda!

Hope you enjoy your stay!