Author Topic: Chinese site for circulating coins open to foreign visitors  (Read 9628 times)

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Chinese site for circulating coins open to foreign visitors
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:49:12 AM »
After I talked to the management team at the Chinese website for circulating coins coin001.com, foreign visitors to the site can now register as a buyer with their name, city and country, to view posts and post there. Please see this link: http://www.coin001.com/read.php?tid=34017. You do not have to buy anything, though. It is just a means to control spamming on the site.

This is the best site for circulating coins. There are a couple of very knowledgeable brass medal experts, too.

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
Re: Chinese site for circulating coins open to foreign visitors
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:57:29 AM »
This link discusses lunar brass medals from Shanghai Mint:
http://www.coin001.com/read.php?tid=15973

This link discusses fake pagoda and goldfish medals, as well as some other fake medals:
http://www.coin001.com/read.php?tid=22960&page=1

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »
 :w00t:  N48 N48 N48
fwang2450, able to leap the Great Wall in a single bound!

Offline aragog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:21:40 PM »
Amazing news for me!!!!!!!
I was able to get the new chenese book on circulating coins, very helpful, but google translate unortunatelly does not work for the paper version :-) Anyway with some basic knowledge I am able to guess a lot of things.
And this site is really great with a lot of information, but all my previous attempts to try and log simply failed without knowledge of the laguage. I hope I will be able to purchase some common commemorative PROOF coins there in the future as well, in Europe I was able to find only three of them so far, there are more of those earlier ones, but they are too expensive to purchase them on a regular basis.
And I miss all jiao and yuan coins in unc quality starting from 2000, have just circulated not good for collection, as I managed to get almost all early fen coins in unc condition.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »
恭喜您!亲爱的会员,您已经注册成功。
先去逛逛
 :thumbup:

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »
They have a two-step registration process. Anyone can register at the registration page:
http://www.coin001.com/register.php#breadCrumb

But then you have to apply for a buyer membership on your personal center, to access all the sections. That page does not seem to welcome Google Translate. I am registering a shared account. When it is available, you can PM me for the log in info.

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
Amazing news for me!!!!!!!
I was able to get the new chenese book on circulating coins, very helpful, but google translate unortunatelly does not work for the paper version :-) Anyway with some basic knowledge I am able to guess a lot of things.
And this site is really great with a lot of information, but all my previous attempts to try and log simply failed without knowledge of the laguage. I hope I will be able to purchase some common commemorative PROOF coins there in the future as well, in Europe I was able to find only three of them so far, there are more of those earlier ones, but they are too expensive to purchase them on a regular basis.
And I miss all jiao and yuan coins in unc quality starting from 2000, have just circulated not good for collection, as I managed to get almost all early fen coins in unc condition.
It is not easy to do transactions on that website from overseas, because of the payment and shipment options. I can ask the management team there whether some special account can be set up to handle bids from overseas.

Offline dragonfan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
An excellent step to the Chinese collectors/market to control/promote  their
own goods/culture oversea. More to see, no doubt about it .