Author Topic: Selling NGC All PF69 Solid Silver Pagoda Set 1984 Superb $4950 Or Best Offer  (Read 2479 times)

Offline BoyBlueJay

• Trade Count: (+5)

From my personal collection, an all PF69 solid silver 1984 Pagoda set.  Beautiful deep mirrors and bright frosted reliefs.  No spots, no toning, no problems.  Truly superb.  $4950 or best offer.  Please do not make offers on this listing but email me directly at boybluejay@aol.com.  I will see your offer much quicker there. 

Offline BoyBlueJay

SOLD . . . Thanks for all the emails and offers!    :001_smile:

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
Was that then your last set you were selling from March asking $5,950?

I bet you are happy to have moved it, congrats-  N40
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
That was a quick sale.....

Offline Hippanda

Un huh
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline BoyBlueJay

Pagodas are still one of the most in demand MCC sets.  That's why I invested so heavily in them.  Too bad I didn't have them to sell 2 years ago when they were 2 - 3 times today's price!  But at least with the market slowdown, many of my customers can now afford coins and medals that they previously had to pass up because of the high cost.  Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
I agree.  That is why I was so happy to see the debate on this forum (and bullion price fall) drop the price of silver pagodas.  The silver plates were confused w/ the real silver pagodas.  NGC cleared that up.  Last year I traded many common silver pandas for the unloved pagodas.  It has helped my small collection on a small budget become more rare/ less mintage MCC.  I even traded some pagodas for more rarity recently.  Today I own a set of PF 69 UC which seemed impossible when I started collecting.  Last years pagoda price collapse was opportunity...............

Offline 从心出发

• Trade Count: (+1)
In the market of rare China medal, just how often do you see price spike again after price collapse.

Of course, it is an opportunity to buy if you really like to own one. Having said that, buying opportunity, not limiting to pagoda medal, exist everywhere, whether you are rich or you are on small budget.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
Yes, I agree.  However the silver pagoda PF 69 UC set hit the $25,000 mark and I am not aware of other medals that  have done that.......

Offline 从心出发

• Trade Count: (+1)
Yes, I agree.  However the silver pagoda PF 69 UC set hit the $25,000 mark and I am not aware of other medals that  have done that.......

Ouch! Everytime I read this $25000 hype, I think of this.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4d95e4780102dvyp.html
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4d95e4780102dx4u.html

I love these comments.

新浪网友 2012-07-09 21:32:24
5万买个612,不如加点银子买错35。阿门,我那陷入迷途的孩子

新浪网友 2012-07-10 16:35:30
真有意思,这个还具备代表性?砖头随时砸在脑袋上,等着狂砸???市场永远不缺东西,缺钱~

Hahahahaha.

Anyway, if you want to make money in rare China medal, as you always mentioned the $25000 hype, you should look for your own pagoda 2, pagoda 3. Be the leader, not the follower.

But if you just love pagoda medal for whatever it is, good. At least you have a good set.

Just like the 1961 2 Fen, it is still a good coin but who want to pay RMB 57000 for this coin in today's market?