Author Topic: SELLING:  (Read 4474 times)

Offline didochili

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: SELLING:
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 07:55:50 PM »
this "karma" score is something new to me, in the two other forums that I frequently visit, there is no such "rating". I take it as less formal that "feedback", but it probably reflects someone's popularity.

I remember seeing Glengary's selling post way before this karma system is available, at the time, he's selling big ticket items like he's posting now and with even less post count (obviously). So I politely sent a PM asking if a face to face deal is a possibility, which region he's from, etc. I got no response. To me, I wasted my time, if I could, I would have left a negative karma. It would have been an honest record of my failed attempt to deal with this member.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
this "karma" score is something new to me, in the two other forums that I frequently visit, there is no such "rating". I take it as less formal that "feedback", but it probably reflects someone's popularity.

I remember seeing Glengary's selling post way before this karma system is available, at the time, he's selling big ticket items like he's posting now and with even less post count (obviously). So I politely sent a PM asking if a face to face deal is a possibility, which region he's from, etc. I got no response. To me, I wasted my time, if I could, I would have left a negative karma. It would have been an honest record of my failed attempt to deal with this member.

@ Dido:
I, too, sent a few PMs Glengary's way, to which I got no response (about 2 out of 10+). When I followed up up days later and asked what was up, I was informed that the response to some of the listings was overwhelming (as can easily be imagined if 10-20 big ticket items, with very fair pricing, are all posted at once). I was told his inbox was flooded with messages and that it was difficult to sift through them all and respond. I respected this reply and moved on.

When I have been quick to respond, I have always gotten a response, and a timely one at that.

I'm not trying to defend this seller, but simply stating my experience when dealing with him (and, at times, his wife). I believe I have bought 3 items or more from Glengary now, and I've been pleased with each transaction. I think that each of my buys was before the feedback system was in place.

Offline GoldMedal

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
list with price is good way to avoid PM flood, also can save both seller and buyer's time.