Author Topic: SELLING:  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Glengary

• Trade Count: (+1)
SELLING:
« on: June 28, 2013, 10:02:43 AM »
Accepting reasonable offers for the following:

Gold:

1990-P G100Y 1 oz. Proof Panda NCS/NGC PF69 UC
1997 G100Y 1 oz. Panda Sm. Date NCS/NGC MS69
2001-D G500Y 1 oz. Panda NCS/NGC MS68
2003 G500Y 1 oz. Panda OMP-Sealed
2006 G100Y 1/4 oz. Panda OMP-Sealed

Silver:

1997-P S10Y Unicorn Proof- OMP Sheet of 10 w/ COA's
1998 S10Y Panda Lg. Date- OMP Sheet of 10
2000 S10Y Mirrored Panda NCS/NGC MS69

PM with offers.  I will gladly provide images and/or cert. #'s to anyone interested.

Thank You-

Offline GoldMedal

• Trade Count: (+4)
Re: SELLING:
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »

what is Karma?

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
I'm not sure why this seller glengary has a -19 as I don't recall any negative tranactions on this forum with the seller.

Maybe the -19 is from one or two people who have a grudge? I really don't know but it seems a bit unfair to me?

Offline didochili

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »

what is Karma?

like reputation or something
one has to reach certain post count to be able to leave that, I think you and I haven't reached that count.
i'm working hard to reach that status right now.

Offline ChineseCoinQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AKA “PandaQuest”
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:26 PM »
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7661.msg44859;topicseen#msg44859

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7725.msg44870#msg44870

I'm pretty sure this has something to to do with the negative karma.

Oh yea ... I forgot about all of that douchebaggery going on back then.

Thanks for pointing that out my friend  :thumbup:

Offline ChineseCoinQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AKA “PandaQuest”
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
I forgot too, until gold medal pointed out the karma, then it clicked,

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
This recent off-topic, personal-attack style thread drift has no place in this B/S/T thread.

Moderator, please have these recent posts removed on behalf of the seller, thanks.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
This recent off-topic, personal-attack style thread drift has no place in this B/S/T thread.

Moderator, please have these recent posts removed on behalf of the seller, thanks.
Don't think so bud ... it IS for reason  ;)

Look at the previous posts of this seller ... THAT is WHY he has 20 negs  :thumbup1:

Offline jinsun2000

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
Does karma have anything to do with buy and sell feedback?

Offline Dragon88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
Karma - 22 and counting. Wow.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 01:23:48 AM »
I'd just like to point out two things:

1) The OP has lost 3 karma points *today* for posts he made *months* ago. Give it a rest people. If you didn't see it back then, why cast judgement 5 months after the fact?

2) I lost karma for my post above. I'd like to know why.

This seller is just as fine a seller as any other on here. The karma system, in this instance, does not reflect the true nature of the forum member but rather one or two controversial posts he made.

Don't think so bud ... it IS for reason  ;)

Look at the previous posts of this seller ... THAT is WHY he has 20 negs  :thumbup1:

Offline Glengary

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »
In 2+ years on this forum, I've sold 300+ coins/medals.... without complaint.  So here's what it amounts to: According to 'Comeaux' and obviously a host of others on this forum, I'm a 'douche bag' because I'm not afraid of little back-n-forth.  Have I ever really attacked anyone...?  have I called anyone a 'douche bag'...?  Are those 6 month old post's really that bad...?   The hyper-sensitivity within this forum is beyond anything I've ever seen.  Worse than that, it's not a 'two-way street' here.  There are a handful of forum members here who love to sling insults and make juvenile judgements against anyone who challenges their position.  That's just the way things are.  This is their forum, both literally and figuratively.... so they can do whatever they like, but clearly they can't handle a little heat.

I have a good business and a good life... I'm truly blessed and I don't take anything for granted.  So something as insignificant as what members of a certain online forum think about me is not too high on my priority list.  From time to time I'll place ads here.... if you want to buy from me, great.... if not, I'm fine with that too.

I'm thankful for the support Mirkkanen, you're an honorable Man and I appreciate the business over the last couple years.  Now hopefully you're 'karma' score won't tank because you stuck up for me.... ;-)

Take care-

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »
No problems Glengary, we all get snipered at some point.  No biggie.  You are a good seller and keep posting what you have..........

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
In 2+ years on this forum, I've sold 300+ coins/medals.... without complaint.

It may be useful to encourage some of your most recent (and future) buyers to submit feedback so that your "Trade Count" has more than a single entry.  If a forum member sees a list of successful transactions and positive comments from familiar forum members, it will give them more confidence in making a transaction (and ignore the Karma statistic).

For example, Mirkkanen has accumulated a nice feedback record over the past seven months, from names I recognize and trust.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?action=trader&id=30335

Seeing that, I would feel comfortable doing a transaction with him.  Even if I had some questions about him (which I don't), I could PM a few of the buyers that submitted feedback for him and get more information on what kind of seller he is, before I made an offer for his coins.

Offline didochili

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 07:55:50 PM »
this "karma" score is something new to me, in the two other forums that I frequently visit, there is no such "rating". I take it as less formal that "feedback", but it probably reflects someone's popularity.

I remember seeing Glengary's selling post way before this karma system is available, at the time, he's selling big ticket items like he's posting now and with even less post count (obviously). So I politely sent a PM asking if a face to face deal is a possibility, which region he's from, etc. I got no response. To me, I wasted my time, if I could, I would have left a negative karma. It would have been an honest record of my failed attempt to deal with this member.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
this "karma" score is something new to me, in the two other forums that I frequently visit, there is no such "rating". I take it as less formal that "feedback", but it probably reflects someone's popularity.

I remember seeing Glengary's selling post way before this karma system is available, at the time, he's selling big ticket items like he's posting now and with even less post count (obviously). So I politely sent a PM asking if a face to face deal is a possibility, which region he's from, etc. I got no response. To me, I wasted my time, if I could, I would have left a negative karma. It would have been an honest record of my failed attempt to deal with this member.

@ Dido:
I, too, sent a few PMs Glengary's way, to which I got no response (about 2 out of 10+). When I followed up up days later and asked what was up, I was informed that the response to some of the listings was overwhelming (as can easily be imagined if 10-20 big ticket items, with very fair pricing, are all posted at once). I was told his inbox was flooded with messages and that it was difficult to sift through them all and respond. I respected this reply and moved on.

When I have been quick to respond, I have always gotten a response, and a timely one at that.

I'm not trying to defend this seller, but simply stating my experience when dealing with him (and, at times, his wife). I believe I have bought 3 items or more from Glengary now, and I've been pleased with each transaction. I think that each of my buys was before the feedback system was in place.

Offline GoldMedal

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
list with price is good way to avoid PM flood, also can save both seller and buyer's time.