Author Topic: Republican and Imperial silver-made fakes appeared in Europe  (Read 3851 times)

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
Dear fellow collectors,

Recently on one of the online auction in Europe appeared fake Chinese coins.
Nearly all of them are old ones but there is also one modern type.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)

Offline KONDi

Re: Republican and Imperial silver-made fakes appeared in Europe
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:34:13 AM »
According to my judgement those are all silver-made fakes. However I could be wrong. I will post later my opinion about some of them and I would like you to participate in this discussion and share your opinion here with me and others.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline KONDi

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:35:14 AM »
The nickname of the person who was selling those fakes is "Enoen". I was trying to post links to each bidding auction for each coin but I can't track those links anymore. Luckly, I was able to saved photos which will help us better detect
 counterfeit coins in future.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline KONDi

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »
Dear all,

I promised my analysis about those fake coins so here we go let's start.

1B - it is 5 yuan 1986. I discovered some small hole on a surface on obverse on the left side. There is also some small dot on the end of a ship close to last flag.

1C - Xinjiang dollar from 1949 has detriment rim on obverse side and also damaged rim  also on obverse. Except that number "1" on obverse and chinese characters "yi yuan" have pits.

1E - Hu-peh dollar has some suspicious frosted area between the letters on obverse and on free space on reverse.

1F - Kiangnan dollar is rolled by the seller "Enoen" on purpose! To don't show those small dot on obverse and lines-scratches, which are not natural scratches caused during circularion. On reverse "CH" is not clear. It has also 3 small lines-scratches. The rim on has some pits on some part and on the bottom teeth begin to disappear.

1G - Pei Yang dollar 34 has some pits on one chinese character on reverse and teeth tracks. There is also light yellow line going through the surface of the coin.

1I - dragon dollar 1911 has unnatural color tones on obverse close to character "yi yuan" and on reverse it has a few small lines-scratches.

1J - dollar 1912 has yellow-black color on obverse and reverse and lines-scratches on both sides. It has also on reverse close to word "The" some extra dot and close to word "China" close to C has some dot-line.

1L - fatman 1914 has one very visible line-scratch on obverse and light yellow-black color also on this side.

1M fatman 1921 has frosted appearance and the rim begins to disappear on reverse - we can only see teeth and small inner teeth.

1N - Memento dollar 1927 has the same like fatman 1914 weird light yellow-black color on the surface. The rim begins to disappear on obverse and the rim becomes splited on reverse.

1O - Junk dollar 1934 has small 2 lines-scratches on reverse and light yellow-black color on the same side.

1P - Kirin silver coin has sawn off rim on obverse, pits on dragon's body in 2 places also on obverse. On reverse it has teeth tracks in 2 places and upper rim begins to disappear showing only teeth.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline KONDi

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »
This is my analysis. All of those coins are silver-made fakes.So you guys have to be very careful when you buy old Chinese silver coins. Thank you for your reading! N25
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline EU-HUN-BP

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »
Hi!
1986 5 Yuan. "There is also some small dot on the end of a ship close to last flag."
I can see that dot on a graded coin too. What You think??

Offline pitcoinchaser

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:31:08 PM »
All counterfeit! 包浆火气重, most problem is still lacks of pressure! 珠圈,龙鳞 缺乏立体感。下五星这种币发丝尽然出不来,这种无包浆,既非磨损又非弱打但是细节缺失的东西要谨慎!