Author Topic: Selling Circa 1912 Szechuan Horse Gaming Tokens  (Read 3113 times)

Offline BoyBlueJay

• Trade Count: (+5)
Selling Circa 1912 Szechuan Horse Gaming Tokens
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:15:51 PM »

Originals or contemporaries,  I cannot tell or guarantee.  On the Ebay auction now.  ALWAYS a $1 start and NEVER a reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/China-Circa-1912-Szechuan-Horse-Gaming-Tokens-/390606024106?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item5af1eeedaa

Offline joespeh

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Selling Circa 1912 Szechuan Horse Gaming Tokens
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
Hi, could you tell me who bought this coin. (His ebay acount) I can contact with him to buy it again. I pretty like this kind of coin and I hope to own it.

Thanks!

Offline joespeh

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
Do you have other this kind of coins?

Offline BoyBlueJay

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
No that is the last of them.

Offline joespeh

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
No that is the last of them.
Hi, for these coins you sold. I talked with my coin master and these are all fake 马兰 coins. The rest of 2 pieces should be kept only as artware and DO NOT sell to other people. THANKS!

Offline GoldMedal

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »
Hi, for these coins you sold. I talked with my coin master and these are all fake 马兰 coins. The rest of 2 pieces should be kept only as artware and DO NOT sell to other people. THANKS!

谢谢!

Offline joespeh

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
谢谢!

I sent his 马兰 horse brass coin to a famous coin website in China called 华夏收藏网 and you guys could see the results as "fake"
http://jd.cang.com/1064294.html

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Jay is one of the best sellers ...period.  IF it is a fake, we all make mistakes.  This is a new market for us.  Jay will make it right............

Offline joespeh

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
Jay is one of the best sellers ...period.  IF it is a fake, we all make mistakes.  This is a new market for us.  Jay will make it right............
Not sure you are Chinese or not but Don't underestimate the ability of producing fake items in China. Many fake items are in high quality and real hard to be recognized. For the Horse brass, I can post some genuine coins later which is the same type and you will find the difference.

It doesn't matter he has already sold that coin because he didn't know whether it's fake or not as a old Chinese saying goes: “No warned, no fault (不知者无罪).” I talked with him this afternoon and he said he has another two horse brass coins. I just want to notify him don't sell them any more.

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
I am not Chinese .  Like most all members here, we are willing to learn.  We all know that many high quality fakes are made in China and other places in the World.  If you have knowledge of any fakes then post photos on this forum so we can all learn.  RAREMEDAL does this often and he is of great help.  Will the Chinese government ever crack down on fake coin producers?  Fakes damage everyone..........

Offline joespeh

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
I am not Chinese .  Like most all members here, we are willing to learn.  We all know that many high quality fakes are made in China and other places in the World.  If you have knowledge of any fakes then post photos on this forum so we can all learn.  RAREMEDAL does this often and he is of great help.  Will the Chinese government ever crack down on fake coin producers?  Fakes damage everyone..........
Sure and will do it in next couple of weeks. Our government has already took measures to crack down the fake coin producers. But in late 90s last century, many of the fake coin has already circulated in the market and I am sure many of them went to the whole world. It's shame on that and I am very happy to help you distinguish whether the coin is fake or not. The simple way to acquire a coin safely is buying PCGS (with gold-colored shield) or NGC graded coin so that you could always compare your coin with the pictures on the website.

I am Chinese and I feel regret about those fake coins and hope it won't influence your passion for collecting Chinese coins.

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
I have a collection of fakes as most do.  Could you post what measures the Chinese govt is taking to stop fakes?  Any articles would help.  Can I or others email or contact the Chinese govt to encourage them to stop fakes of their precious heritage/culture MCC?  As MCC become more valuable, stopping fakes should be a top priority........

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »
Dear josepeh,

One of my friend has 2 pieces. I can get you them if you are interested in buying.

Do you have other this kind of coins?
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »
Here is a photo of genuine Szechuan Horse Gaming token.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)