Author Topic: Sharing: Colored and gold-plated lunar silver medals  (Read 29215 times)

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Sharing: Colored and gold-plated lunar silver medals
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »
Ive got today my pieces. The coins are OMP Stacks.
For 25€/piece a great price.

los 208
zuschlag 100 euro

https://teutoburger-muenzauktion.auex.de/Auktion/Onlinekatalog?intAuktionsId=585

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2018, 07:19:48 AM »
2008 PF 69 Color Rat sold for $100 Euro  or  $117 USD?       My collector buddy bought one on ebay for about $200 last month.   

1988  Munich 5 oz Silver Panda  $360   or  $419  USD?   Another good price....

jsmineset    PT Question More      Jim Rodgers   "US has largest debt in world history, dollar to lose status as #1 currency"....       
As posted here for some time, Jim moved his family to Asia and taught his children Chinese.   He buys Chinese gold/silver pandas for several years now.     
Some articles say the Petro Yuan has 12% to 15% of the world's oil sold in Yuan.    In just 2 months w/ more oil sellers willing to sell oil in Yuan not USD.     How long before oil for Yuan reaches 30% or more?.....      This will bring world attention to Chinese money so MCC or other Chinese coins/medals for cheap is a very good buy....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2018, 07:41:48 AM »
Oops, i forgot.    This German seller sold a 2004 PF 69 Color Monkey  $200  USD  about 2 months ago.    (He had it listed for $800 if that jogs anyone's memory)...   Here is his 1993 PF 69 Fu Lu Shou 5 oz listing number.....ebay 263674235115

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »
>><>>> Jim Rodgers   "US has largest debt in world history, dollar to lose status as #1 currency"....       
As posted here for some time, Jim moved his family to Asia and taught his children Chinese.   He buys Chinese gold/silver pandas for several years now.     
Some articles say the Petro Yuan has 12% to 15% of the world's oil sold in Yuan.    In just 2 months w/ more oil sellers willing to sell oil in Yuan not USD.     How long before oil for Yuan reaches 30% or more?.....      This will bring world attention to Chinese money so MCC or other Chinese coins/medals for cheap is a very good buy....<<<<<<

Not to disparage Jim Rogers but he made his money with the Quantum Fund in the 1970's. He retired after that and though I follow him and actually met him in NY one time. Since his retirement Jim has been calling for an economic Armageddon weekly. He has been wrong more then correct since the 1980's. He has been correct regarding Asia's rise to an economic powerhouse but it's a huge mistake on his part to underestimate America. Just to give an example. America has been hard at work for several decades at building an under ground super grid using hydrogen cooled nuclear reactors which will set the U.S. apart from every other country for many, many decades. Never count American ingenuity out.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »
I do not underestimate yankee know how.    Past articles say we have space satellites w/ laser weapons too.     China has problems but they own the gold and will be a major player in the world economy.     We have never seen a challenge to the USD in our lifetimes so the majority cannot believe it.     China's Yuan will rise and the world will wake up to Chinese money.    The best of Chinese money is gold/silver coins/medals minted in China.     Chinese demand and upcoming world demand could have a big impact.....

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2018, 11:21:22 AM »
coa ox 2009
max. 600 sets

coa tiger 2010
max. 500 sets

coa colour rat 2008
max. 500

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2018, 11:57:51 AM »
max. sets same as max. mintage of the medal piece?

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2018, 07:01:49 AM »
Again, i called Gov Mint twice for actual mintage but no reply yet.      China Mint could have actual mint numbers as first yr is 2003.      Could actual be much lower than 500?     Today more opinions say rare but many say common junk....     

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
China/Asia dealers/collectors once thought these Color Lunars had a huge supply in Germany.      Then members from Germany posted here and i asked German sellers, they all said rare in Germany.       I asked 2 dealers in China recently and they said rare in China and rare overall.     Now the Chinese/Asian admit they are rare.         About 4 yrs ago a expert told me he was buying these papercut lunars, then about 2 yrs ago they were graded.     The expert was right again as always.       Today the general conclusion is the Color Lunars are rare.    Gotta admit they are beauties and prices are very reasonable...

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2018, 07:32:23 AM »
Gov Mint says they are the sole distributor of the Prestige (Premium?) Gold Panda sets w/ Color Lunar Silvers.      They should know how many sets were purchased from China Mint.     These sets are in the West not the East.    Can someone else that has a Gov Mint connection please ask how many sets of each year were ordered and sold?     That maybe will give us a semi accurate actual mintage......