Author Topic: Any idea when Peter Anthony's new Panda Book is coming out?  (Read 12869 times)

Offline PCGS-ASIA

• Trade Count: (0)
    • PCGS-ASIA
Re: Any idea when Peter Anthony's new Panda Book is coming out?
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
 N21

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2013, 05:20:05 PM »
So Peter can't come here and discuss this with his paying clients??  :ohmy:

Interesting. Not good.

In the 80's used to be sales manager for a financial magazine that was $5,000 a year, the most expensive magazine in the world. It was couriered around the world from Heathrow on Saturday morning. It arrived between 6-9 am in each local market.

If a client was delayed, all hell broke loose, because others were trading on advance information. The delayed recipients are put at a significant disadvantage in the market. We would provide a free subscription, and fax the missing copy immediately. That was pre-email.
http://www.ifre.com/about/#S1

In comparison. this situation is rather sloppy. People will think that certain parties were in an advantageous position. I don't have my copy. I preorderd. I am at a disadvantage in the market. Missing copies couldn't be scanned and emailed?

Someone might think this is very poor service.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking! It looks like people thousands of miles away in Asia and other places in the world already got their copies! I read many people on this forum discussing the content of the book as if it is common knowledge! Answering a question on this thread, Peter is "thinking" about selling his book at the long beach show in few days. So, what happened to the whole pre-selling and limited availability? In any industry or situation, this would be considered bad customer service!

Offline davidt3251

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Makes you wonder how it was decided who got their copies early, doesn't it?

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
Makes you wonder how it was decided who got their copies early, doesn't it?

All copies that were preordered have been sent. US orders were shipped by Media Mail. If anyone hasn't received theirs please send me an email or message with your name so I can check it against the mailing list. Thanks and apologies for any slow deliveries.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »
Thanks for saying what I was thinking! It looks like people thousands of miles away in Asia and other places in the world already got their copies! I read many people on this forum discussing the content of the book as if it is common knowledge! Answering a question on this thread, Peter is "thinking" about selling his book at the long beach show in few days. So, what happened to the whole pre-selling and limited availability? In any industry or situation, this would be considered bad customer service!

International orders were shipped slightly before North American ones because the printer finished the job two weeks behind schedule and I was already in Hong Kong by then. That wasn't the plan but it worked out that way.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Majadar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »
FWIW I received my signed, pre-ordered copy today and I live in Ohio. I am hopeful for my fellow forum members that they receive their books very soon. It looks great and I can't wait to dig into it later this evening. Thanks Peter!

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2013, 12:15:26 AM »

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2013, 12:34:58 AM »
I also received my signed, per-ordered book today by US mail.  I live in New Mexico.