Author Topic: Guangzhou Post Office  (Read 8184 times)

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Guangzhou Post Office
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
One of my employees and his wife “Lan” just returned from Guangzhou this week. Lan is from Guangzhou and they were there on a trip visiting her family. Since they know that I am interested in coins and Chinese culture, they brought me back this booklet from the local post office. I found it very interesting that the post office sales all kinds of coins including pandas ! Granted I’m sure they were 2013 but it’s pretty cool that you can go to the post office to buy pandas !   :thumbup:

Although I’m not really into stamps, some of those available had beautiful designs and I wish they would have picked me up a few ! Here are a few pages from the book … notice the panda set !   

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
Re: Guangzhou Post Office
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:10:50 PM »
Lan’s mother heard that I collect coins so she gave this set to Lan for me that she had purchased several years ago, although this is not Chinese coins or something that I collect … I was greatly appreciative of the gesture and honored for this gift. Things like this mean a lot to me for who it is that gave them to me, the distance a person carried to give them to me and the reasoning behind such a gift.  N66     

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »
A few pictures from Guangzhou ….

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
Lan in the center and her mom on left … looks like an awesome dinner going on ! (note: I had permission from Lan to post this picture)

Offline trozau

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.  :001_smile:
trozau (troy ounce gold)
honi soit qui mal y pense

gold - the barbarous relic!