Author Topic: Re: Nick Brown  (Read 16558 times)

Offline champion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Re: Nick Brown
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2013, 10:21:13 PM »
First post here on forum.

Very glad to be with Peter, Robert and Lourdes at Nick's services Friday in Chicago. Nick was a man of great vision, I do not think we will find another who have contributed so much to MCC.

At Friday's service ,Mark Chairman of NGC and David President of NCS were both present. Nick worked with David to create the oversized holder for large Chinese coins, and we work with NICK and NGC for the holder for the Chinese 5 and 10 kilo Gold coins. The first 1991 Panda 5 Kilo Gold coin was certified by NGC thru Champion in June 2012.

Nick and I made many visits to the client who eventually sent to NGC over 30 1KG Gold or larger Modern China coins( Many were serial number 1) . This was the last project we worked on together last August in Hong Kong., we had planned an exhibition of these coins in Hong Kong with a TV special in December 2012.

We are planning a Nick Brown memorial dinner in Hong Kong during the weekend of Hong Kong coin show probably August 23rd or 24th 2013 in Hong Kong , if you are interested please contact me or Peter. Michael

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
Re: Re: Nick Brown
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »
Nick and I made many visits to the client who eventually sent to NGC over 30 1KG Gold or larger Modern China coins( Many were serial number 1).
This must have been very exciting !!!

Thanks for posting and it's an excellent first post !

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »
The May-June Pricepedia just came out.  Peter has a long column with many pictures about Nick Brown.  There are both funny stories and poignant tributes to Nick Brown.  A great read.

Offline Dr650rob

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
The May-June Pricepedia just came out.  Peter has a long column with many pictures about Nick Brown.  There are both funny stories and poignant tributes to Nick Brown.  A great read.

I agree
Great job panda collector

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Yep; i agree too. I was looking forward to it. It is sad that we got to know him more after he passed. It is a reminder that relationships are more important than worldly possessions.

Offline Dachs

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:31 AM »
RIP Nick! I met him in Hong Kong last August at the Stacks Auction. Nick was a great person and a well known china coin collector!

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »
With the loss of Nick on my mind, I happened to watch the following video on the last days of an even younger cancer victim.

http://youtu.be/9NjKgV65fpo

It was such an inspirational piece.  For the rest of the day after watching it, I interacted with people in a different, more positive way...I also saw a desirable Chinese coin posted for sale today.  I paused for a moment and debated on whether I could afford to purchase it, but then I told myself that money sitting in the bank is just that.  Purchasing this coin will give me pleasure, and I've seen too often recently that life can be far shorter than we expect.  I made the purchase, and I'm glad I did  :001_smile:

Offline Grip

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »
This is a tragic loss. He was one of the best in all aspects. I only knew him through some personal Emails, the incredible insight posted in his blog, and the passion he exuded in MCC. The fact this happened so fast is a reminder to all of us that we are only as secure as our next heart beat. He lived life to the fullest, inspired us, and loved us. Regardless of how the insanity of the world plays out, live life as if each day is your last. Rest in peace brother...  

Offline Devlin

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »
I just read this in the price guide.  I met Nick a few years ago at the FUN show and he was just great to me. He took time to show me coins in the way a teacher would show a student. May he rest in peace.

Offline Lightsview

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 10:36:24 AM »
Such saddening news. Have bought a couple of coins from Nick and he was thorougly helpful. Wish I could've met the great guy. My sincere condolences to his family.

Offline Lightsview

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »
Just wanted to ask if Nick's blog and website has been deactivated? Tried accessing it but its no longer available. He had a really nice collection of rare MCCs which was always worth admiring at.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2013, 03:51:35 AM »
Just wanted to ask if Nick's blog and website has been deactivated? Tried accessing it but its no longer available. He had a really nice collection of rare MCCs which was always worth admiring at.

Yes, the Majestic Rarities website is gone. I have copies of all Nick's blogs and hope to post them for all to enjoy as soon as permission can be arranged.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Lightsview

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2013, 05:01:40 AM »
Yes, the Majestic Rarities website is gone. I have copies of all Nick's blogs and hope to post them for all to enjoy as soon as permission can be arranged.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Thanks Peter. That's great to hear.

Offline mengqian

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
Dear Friends,

Nick Brown is a genuine coin collector. He played a great and positive role in modern Chinese coin collection. He's someone who will always be repected. Though he has knocked on heaven's door, his spirit will stay with us. He'll be truly missed for all the time and he lives in my heart for good.

Mengqian