Author Topic: Chinese national emblem coat of arm 5 fen aluminium coin with original shade?  (Read 5416 times)

Offline chinese_item

• Trade Count: (0)
I would like to say hi to everyone in this forum and I have not been logging in for several months aready,definely miss all of the members which helped me before.Fortunely,I am back into chinese coin collecting,buying and selling again from right now today onward but I need some help from the experts before buying or selling it to anyone later on after receive the information about the coin of what I am having currently,hopefully I could understand more about it first before posting it for sale in this forum in the future.

The piece is the chinese national emblem coat of arm 5 fen aluminium coin which is dated back in 1980 and the surface is without toning,black spot and scatches on both sides except original shade with shining luster surface rotating on both sides there.I would think it is consider a tremendous high grade condition and I believe that it is the most valuable and rarest among the circulating aluminium coins in the market right now.Beside that,it is hardly to see anyone selling the similar piece in this condition and showing on any other websites there.It is looking very beautiful and interesting to me for being a collector for so many years gone by to be honest to you,it is hard to find another similar piece in this grade over there.

However,I need the help from the experts to identify for what happened to the surface,please explain it in detail and your personal opinion is require by me.I would apprieiciate your help as usual and get back to you as soon as possible after reply from you over there.The large scans are clear enough for you.Please check it out on the scans below and let me know what you think.Thank you

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:56:01 AM by chinese_item »

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
This is a forged coin, altered from 1989.

Some of old members in this forum may remember the following thread, an altered dragon dollar, posted by you more than two years ago.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=2409.0

Offline chinese_item

You should keep the comment for yourself because I have never heard off any modern aluminium coins which has been altered before and probably you thought is a way too much of it to be honest with you.I suggest you should have said it is completely a fake coin rather than altered from 1989 there and I would not blame you too much because you cannot difference shade about the difference the ancient and modern chinese coins.I would buy the aluminium coins from you if you can altered the number 9 to 0 exactly looks like this piece.Thank you

Offline chinese_item

Another thing is that I forgot to tell you is if the number 0 is altered from 9 and it would not be so round there.I need to let you know that the number was hited by something accident as slight damaged right at the position there.Thank you

Offline chinese_item

Any other comment is more welcome beside the previous comment by this person on above there.Thank you

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
I think it is very wise for you to pay attention to what poconopenn has to say.

If you have a 1980 5 fen and compare it to 1989 5 fen, you'll also see other differences.  For one thing, the size of the date is different.  This sure looks like an altered 1989 5 fen.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
The current value of UNC 1980 5 fen is about $200-$400, depending on the condition, while 1989 or any common date 5 fen is about  $1.00. The alteration of 5 fen from 1986 or 1989 to 1980 has been known for many years. Here is another example. Other rare fen coins also had been altered from common dates.

Obviously, you do not like the honest comment and accept the fact that your “rare” coin is forged, similar to the altered dragon dollar posted by you more than two years ago in this forum.

Frankly, I am questioning your motivation in posting those altered coins in this forum.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Quote from: chinese_item
I need the help from the experts to identify for what happened to the surface,please explain it in detail and your personal opinion is require by me.I would apprieiciate your help as usual and get back to you as soon as possible after reply from you over there.The large scans are clear enough for you.Please check it out on the scans below and let me know what you think

Hello chinese_item, here you are on CCF asking for the help from an expert … one of the most knowledgeable, helpful and kind members of this forum offers his honest opinion which if you know anything about poconopenn I would consider his opinion fact about 99.9% of the time. Instead of thanking him for valuable time/resources expended on your query, you castigate him with your comment below.
You should keep the comment for yourself

That’s very rude and uncalled for, if you don’t want to hear the truth then don’t ask a question.   

Any other comment is more welcome

Go lay in the road and count mufflers

Offline PandaOrLunar

Hmmm. 

This may or may not be related. But it is something to think over it.

The chain of events reminds me of a conversation I had with couple of oversea coin friends a while back in that they are hearing and seeing forgers posting on different forums asking for opinion to gauge their handy work to see if the forged/faked/altered item is good enough or not.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com

Go lay in the road and count mufflers

Amen.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline chinese_item

Sandac,perhap what you have said there is true about it when I compared it with other similar pieces of the same year that the number size is slightly difference on both difference years showing on the reverse side and realised that my thought is not right because I am not an expert in those chinese old coins to be honest with you there.Thank you

Offline chinese_item

Penocopenn,I need to let you know that not what you think of all the coins which I have posted in this forum completely like what you have said there which are forged or altered before by something because I have sold those chinese dragon dollar and silver dollar coins to the chinese buyers as tourist to my country but I have received no complaint from them over there when the chinese buyers which returned back to me dealing for over again after a month.Do you think this chinese buyers are so stupid who brought those problem coins from me there?Thank you

Offline chinese_item

The counterfeit,forgery and alteration chinese coins are mostly produced in china and this large amount coins are keeping making on their daily activities then export to oversea countries to cheat most of the collectors and dealers out there,my hope is for the forum to avoid anyone to be the next victim and their the people should be blamed for the cause of happening to confuse us whether if the coin is real or not because those counterfeit coins which look so real nowadays currently out there in the market and we must beware when buying out side there.Thank you

Offline aragog

This is a forged coin, altered from 1989.

Some of old members in this forum may remember the following thread, an altered dragon dollar, posted by you more than two years ago.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=2409.0

The real date of the coin seems to be 1987 to me.

Offline chinese_item

You are funny and it must be the biggest joke right in this forum because the last digit does not look like number 7 in the date to me no matter how do I look at it over there.The curious thing and please explain for how did you look at number which has been altered on the date there.Thank you