Author Topic: Hello from China!  (Read 5754 times)

Offline rex

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello from China!
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:07:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

This is rex from China, wishing all of you a happy and prosperous 2013!  In China ,I collected kinds of chinese paper money and coin! I am not good at ENGLISH

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Re: Hello from China!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:42:39 AM »
Welcome rex, your English is probably better than mine.. no worries.

Offline rex

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »
Where are you from?

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »

Offline rex

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »
Do you know any other Web site about Chinese coins ?I think this site has too few people to chat!

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 07:27:53 AM »
Do you know any other Web site about Chinese coins ?I think this site has too few people to chat!
:confused1:
"47720 Posts in 6254 Topics by 1498 Members."
I think this site has some of the top "Western" Chinese coin experts and collectors on it, most of us do more reading and learning than chatting.

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
Hmmm.  Was question asked and no one replied?  Was topic posted and no one replied?

Offline shadowman

• New
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »
Welcome everyone i,m a newbi here my name is Tom but i use the handle shadowman... long story, i started collecting silver panda,s for my wife and i also collect gold ones for myself we really just think they are beautiful coins, anyway how do from Southwest PA.

Tom :thumbup1:

Offline Kamil

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »
which makes it even worse - people are not able to answer questions within 2 years, would guess that`s a point for rex

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »
which makes it even worse - people are not able to answer questions within 2 years, would guess that`s a point for rex

Where do you suggest is a better Chinese Coin Forum in English?

It’s not always that people have the answers here at CCF but I believe there are many more questions that are answered than those that are not … maybe you should be answering some of them if you have the time to search for posts with unanswered questions but not enough time to answer yourself?

Also many people are not going to scan for posts that originated two years ago.

Maybe you or your friend could try LBC where there are two members who talk between themselves?

Don’t you have a bridge you should be protecting?

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
A reasonable comment, and many of the posts listed deserve answers.  I'll go over the lists with zero answers and bump them up over a period of time.   Feel free to bump up questions you feel need answering.

Lets be kind to our newbie.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
I agree on being kind to a “newbie”  ;) but also the “newbie” should be a little less arrogant as well. This forum is moderated by members who receive no salary and members do not eat, sleep and breathe here. More than likely some of these questions were posted at times with low activity or possibly nobody knew the answers?

Offline Kamil

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »
calling me a "newbie" sounds a bit odd given the fact that I registered well before you guys did
oh, btw: I don`t need a better forum in English as there are already better ones in chinese and german, google translate works like a charm on these. But reading here is still funny, at least sometimes.
btw2: My arrogance does have a reason, it`s called badon and his blaming campaign of european collectors. You lost a lot of knowledge on that very day when the word came to "spitting collectors". I can`t remember that any of you two stepped up against him timely so excuse me if I am arrogant but I`m still in the mood for an eye for an eye.  N45

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »
1. I’m not the one who called you a newbie, I only responded to that comment. 

2. I’m not a badon fan … you have me mistaken for someone else

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »
Peace !

Hey just a little levity there- I am sure a misunderstanding or two is happening.

I am quite certain the newbie comment wasnt pointed towards you Kamil-  you are recognized to be one of the more valuable members here for a long time. I for one look forward to your posts.

Also, you have solid support too on what you mentioned by some members here.
I think perhaps something was mistaken- many here share and respect your opinions.

Back to coins?

"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
Peace !

Hey just a little levity there- I am sure a misunderstanding or two is happening.

I am quite certain the newbie comment wasnt pointed towards you Kamil-  you are recognized to be one of the more valuable members here for a long time. I for one look forward to your posts.

I agree  N48

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
My arrogance does have a reason, it`s called badon and his blaming campaign of european collectors. You lost a lot of knowledge on that very day when the word came to "spitting collectors".
Well I certainly have nothing against european collectors, I love european's and all other nationalities as well ... although I never saw that post from badon I can understand your animosity towards it.  N30

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
calling me a "newbie" sounds a bit odd given the fact that I registered well before you guys did
Yes, I see despite the "Newbie" under your moniker, you've being around for a long while and are familiar with personalities and hot button issues of CCF, so I shouldn't worry.

Concerning the European collectors and coins from Europe, I believe many forum members had spoken out against that and showed specific data to the contrary.  I have several postings about high NGC grades on coins I purchased from Europe.  Majority of my PF70 coins were raw coins purchased from European dealers.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 04:02:01 PM »
Hello kamil, I apologize if I offended you because as hippanda stated you have had significant contributions here at CCF and it’s greatly appreciated. Maybe I was just being defensive of CCF because there are many members here who are highly knowledgeable and contribute. That’s all it was … nothing more.

To address your quote here:
Quote from: kamil
I can`t remember that any of you two stepped up against him timely so excuse me if I am arrogant but I`m still in the mood for an eye for an eye.

I’m sure that you saw that I in fact did step up against badon and caught a lot of flak for it, several nasty PM”s and emails. In fact one of the posters in this thread was badon’s staunch supporter until the end. I would have done it sooner but I hadn’t been here long enough where I felt I would get support.

I’m sure you witnessed the gangup on me by team Bandac & Sandon as I was castigated for merely pointing out that “the emperor had no clothes”

So yea … I completely understand your position on badon’s idiotic statements.   

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
Kamil,

I enjoy reading your postings, please post regularly. I do remember “spitting collectors” comment made by badon about European collectors in many postings in a period of at least 6 moths. KonaJim and I tried to defend European collectors during that period of time, but it was too late to stop Antwir’s leaving this forum, a major loss.

Rex,

Welcome to the forum.

This forum has attracted many visitors from China. Members such as REALMEDALS, fwang2450, dragondollar are all located in China and have made significant contribution to this forum. They are well-recognized experts inside China. It is the quality counted, not quantity of the posting.

Offline GDG's

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »

btw2: My arrogance does have a reason, it`s called badon and his blaming campaign of european collectors. You lost a lot of knowledge on that very day when the word came to "spitting collectors". I can`t remember that any of you two stepped up against him timely so excuse me if I am arrogant but I`m still in the mood for an eye for an eye.  N45

Hi Kamil,

comeaux, hippanda, and poconopenn were lockstep with you regarding that certain poster who we are all better off forgetting.
These 3 posters are top notch. There are many great posters here. We all welcome posters like yourself who reside in China and can offer their perspective and opinions. Please continue posting we all welcome it. N40

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »
Kamil,

I enjoy reading your postings, please post regularly. I do remember “spitting collectors” comment made by badon about European collectors in many postings in a period of at least 6 moths. KonaJim and I tried to defend European collectors during that period of time, but it was too late to stop Antwir’s leaving this forum, a major loss.

Rex,

Welcome to the forum.

This forum has attracted many visitors from China. Members such as REALMEDALS, fwang2450, dragondollar are all located in China and have made significant contribution to this forum. They are well-recognized experts inside China. It is the quality counted, not quantity of the posting.

I am in the US :) By the way, I am the person who deserves the "newbie" title, which I really am. I just like translation, but it does not make me an expert. Those who wrote the translated articles are.

Offline Bearcat

• Supporter
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 01:01:40 PM »
Wow, genuine humility....nice. Where's the good karma button?

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
I am in the US :) By the way, I am the person who deserves the "newbie" title, which I really am. I just like translation, but it does not make me an expert. Those who wrote the translated articles are.

Sorry for my wrong impression of your location. Nevertheless, your postings in Chinese websites are just as
informative as in this forum. Anybody can write the following article, IMO, is an expert in the field.

http://bbs.jibi.net/dispbbs.asp?boardid=212&Id=248420

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
Sorry for my wrong impression of your location. Nevertheless, your postings in Chinese websites are just as
informative as in this forum. Anybody can write the following article, IMO, is an expert in the field.

http://bbs.jibi.net/dispbbs.asp?boardid=212&Id=248420

:thumbup1: When fwang2450 isn't posting here I am forced to chase him down there too.
Thankfully there are ways to translate for us who are limited by language.
Google translate link: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.jibi.net%2Fdispbbs.asp%3Fboardid%3D212%26Id%3D248420&hl=en&langpair=auto

Online skyline2go

• Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
Welcome
Hi everyone,

This is rex from China, wishing all of you a happy and prosperous 2013!  In China ,I collected kinds of chinese paper money and coin! I am not good at ENGLISH

Offline Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 01:12:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum ReX!