Author Topic: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!  (Read 128001 times)

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Reply #405 on: March 29, 2020, 05:33:20 PM »
Mirk will win the bet and I’ll add 10 and raise you 10.  Silver is junk. I wonder if the GSR will go to 150-200? Silver will continue to get crushed, especially as the older die off, and the millennials take over and buy crypto’s and gold.  Go to any crypto site, it’s always gold and crypto.  NEVER, EVER, Gold Crytpo and Silver!  Silver bullion will end up in the dust bin of history - except of course the collectible pieces.  Run away from silver - IMHO. Perhaps my biggest investment mistake - buying so much silver - sigh.  :blush:

I know too many people that made the mistake of buying silver and over the years they regretted it the moment they had to sell it.  Shipping a 40lb box to get a $9000 check is quite an ordeal for the average person.  When you ship everyone at the post office knows exactly what is in there and the chance of theft is high.   The only way silver prices go parabolic is if someone finds an industrial use for it that exceeds the annual mine supply, it could happen but that is not the reason most of us buy silver, we trying to hedge currency.  Stick to gold and even avoid platinum, palladium and Rodium bullion, unless you are betting on industrial demand coming out of a recession. 

There was some talk about a digital dollar in the stimulus bill (got excluded at last moment), it is only a matter of time that a government-controlled crypto becomes mainstream, imagine social security, food stamps, unemployment insurance, welfare payments, tax refunds, etc coming directly from the feds into an electronic wallet that you can use to pay rent, groceries, etc.  The currency would be hedged to inflation so people have an incentive to save and will trade in a narrow band.  This new currency will allow the government to print electronic money at no cost to them, no need to issue debt, just a text and boom money is there. When this happens other cryptos may become popular and spike in price as people natural instinct is to gamble and earn higher yields.  If bitcoin gets back in 3000-4000 range due stock market plunge I will dip my toes into the market. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2020/03/27/bitcoin-will-moon-if-the-us-creates-a-new-digital-dollar/#14ae35722b54

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #406 on: March 29, 2020, 06:03:23 PM »
No, i am not making more bets as that will probably open floodgates.

Yes wg, i believe we are headed to many natural disasters and unnatural too.   The Pacific rim of fire is coming alive.    Here in the NW expect lahars, tsunami, another Mt St Helens volcano or more, etc...    Same as other countries located on the rim of fire.   Matter of time.       Fukushima radiation continues to kill our Pacific ocean and spreading around the world's oceans but no world news.    MIT says to entomb it w/ concrete like Russia did w/ Chernobyl but it is not happening, why?....

Gold is money but silver is too.    Don't underestimate silver as it will have its day.   I love silver as does Rich Dad Poor Dad and so many other top analysts/experts.   When the manipulation is removed then it will hit the fan.    Many articles predict COMEX or CRIMEX will soon fail.   That should be interesting...

Remember my past post of Bo Polny of Gold2020forecast.com?    He has another prediction/opinion all based on the Bible.     USA Watchdog  "Epic, gold silver rise...."
Note he said silver rise too....

Here is one item i will post to help combat the virus but the others I will keep quiet for now.....   Hospital staff says Zinc supplements do very well against the virus....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #407 on: March 29, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
Steve Quayle    News Thud  "NY doctor successfully treats....."      read his list of 3 drugs he uses.....

Zinc lozenges or cough drops are recommended too but Safeway was sold out so word is getting out...

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #408 on: March 30, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
sry, but a sun storm ( like 1859) and you can stick shitcoin where the sun don't shine....up your ass. ;)

https://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/10mar_stormwarning.html

This is unusual language for wg, unless he is quoting someone.  :w00t:

I realized a long time ago that if you were only able to buy just a few pieces of silver each month that it was a good bullion to throw in any extra money/disposable income you had available rather than spend it on booze and other more ephemeral items; but if there was serious money at play, gold (bullion) was the way to go. You have to know the lay of the land to play with numismatic silver. Numismatic gold is (can be) a bitch. (Sorry wg  :confused1:)

After I read Rich Man Poor Man many moons ago I never read another book or write up from him. Everything then started and ended for him with the buy buy buy mantra for real estate. When the market imploded, I guess he found something else to talk about.

@pandamonium you have to confront the possibility that your write ups could cause a heart attack one of these days!  N16 N17 However, I have never had any problems with them because I do controlled breathing when I read you. Just be aware that your words stretch the brain in different directions at the same time.

I told myself when I seriously became interested in numismatics a few years ago that I would give it several years and go through a few boom and bust cycles before thinking of myself as an expert at it. This is what I did with the stock market years ago and why I went in at Dow 18,500+. There is still a possibility that we may taste lower levels and that will be time to go in further as I have opined previously.

The current junket ride in the bullion market has to be good for the buy and hold crowd if you bought the right metal at the right time. At least your estate will have something to smile about after they are done with other junk you left behind.  N48
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #409 on: March 30, 2020, 09:30:09 PM »
Controlled breathing from my posts?    OK, marijuana is legal.    My posts on zinc supplements/lozenges is helping others and word is getting out how important it is.   Why not prepare instead of dying or going into a induced coma w/ respirator?   I will not posts about the other items we must have to fight the virus for a few weeks as me and my friends must buy supply.    If i posted now all supply would be gone overnight.     My opinion on $1,000 silver is basic math.    Wait till panic buying happens.    I was told there is supply but the coins shops i emailed today have very little if any silver, why?    We saw panic buying w/ food so i posted about Mountain House and how prices went up then back down.    There will soon be more panic buying of food.   How do farmers around the world plant when they and employees are shut in?    Other topics are for people to google and learn for themselves.    Remember my posts years ago of Tucker Carlson on FOX news?   Today many tell me they record his shows and other FOX shows.    The herd mentality yum yums are waking up that CNN and MSN have lied to them for years.   
Have worked w/ and been around many people from many other countries mostly Asians.    They all admire America for these words.   Yankee Know How.   Not matter what the problems, Americans will get on it.    I think we will soon find a preventive cure for this virus ahead of the rest of the world.     From what i read and return emails i get, zinc is part of the cure but not all of it... GOD BLESS AMERICA!   I noticed wg's post too and think it is a good warning but also entertaining...

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #410 on: March 31, 2020, 05:52:13 PM »
Kitco   "Trump signs off on deferring tariffs ......"         Does this include Chinese coins/medals?    Can someone look into it?

Bullion Star  by Ronan Manly   "COMEX can't find a 400 oz......"

Dave Hodges Common Sense Show   "Analysis;  Nearly every person....."

Steve Quayle   LewRockwell.com    "Americans will have to cure the......"

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • See our coins at www.coinvault.com
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #411 on: March 31, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
The plan would not apply to tariffs on Chinese and European goods subject to Section 301 tariffs or to steel and aluminum subject to Section 232 tariffs.

Coins/numismatics are Section 301, list 4a.    Current tariff 7.5%.

No cut in tariff beyond the recent cut to 7.5%.

More information:
https://ustr.gov/issue-areas/enforcement/section-301-investigations/search

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2020, 10:12:58 PM »
Bummer, i was hoping the tariff for coins would be removed.....

Silverseek  or Goldseek  "Silver shock update......"

Kitco   "Silver market faces supply crunch...."     

Will $100 million come into gold/silver?    How about $1 billion?   $ Trillions are being created so why not $1 Trillion?   More fake money the higher price of both gold/silver.     Again, back in the 1980's when gold/silver shot up, one of my realtor's parents owned a coin shop in CA.   4 of their fellow Coin shop owners/friends were killed by thieves.....

Paul Craig Roberts  "A report on successful....."    Same article about a NY doctor that claims to have a cure and posted here earlier.   I sent it to FOX news.

nairobiminibloggers.com  "I am a senior Chinese military......"      As expected it was removed from Reddit & Steve Quayle.    Probably will be removed here too so that means there is a lot of truth to it...

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2020, 11:51:11 AM »

So here we are in the spring of 2020 with debts, unfunded liabilities and derivatives of around $2.5 quadrillion. This is a sum that is impossible to fathom but if we say that it is almost 30x global GDP, it gives us an idea what the world and central banks will have to grapple with in the next few years.

https://goldswitzerland.com/dont-wait-for-the-storm-to-pass-learn-to-dance-in-the-rain/

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #414 on: April 05, 2020, 12:00:22 PM »
Gulf Times   "World's top gold market freezes....."

Ebay search for ONE junk silver dime.    Cheapest $2.40 damaged/worn.    2nd (2) $4.99 or $2.50 each   Up from there & include shipping...

Dealers quoted my buddy at .60+ cents each but none in stock.   They were hoping he would sell.    Online says about $1.50 as they go by silver content.    Gotta buy in bulk to get discount if available.....

Offline wg

« Reply #415 on: April 06, 2020, 03:24:22 AM »
It’s even worse than that, though, because when cash vanishes, you have zero privacy. Everything has to go through your bank account. They know precisely what you’re buying, what you’re selling, from whom, what you own—unless you’re going to barter, the way things were done in prehistoric times.

It‘s a catastrophe from the point of view of personal freedom, and another reason why everybody should have a significant store of gold coins, preferably small ones, a quarter ounce or less. And silver coins, too. Silver is a great bargain right now, at a roughly 120:1 ratio with gold.

https://internationalman.com/articles/doug-casey-on-the-disturbing-trend-to-tax-savings-and-eliminate-cash/

Offline wg

« Reply #416 on: April 07, 2020, 01:52:16 AM »

I know too many people that made the mistake of buying silver and over the years they regretted it the moment they had to sell it.  Shipping a 40lb box to get a $9000 check is quite an ordeal for the average person.  When you ship everyone at the post office knows exactly what is in there and the chance of theft is high.   The only way silver prices go parabolic is if someone finds an industrial use for it that exceeds the annual mine supply, it could happen but that is not the reason most of us buy silver, we trying to hedge currency.  Stick to gold and even avoid platinum, palladium and Rodium bullion, unless you are betting on industrial demand coming out of a recession. 

...And the bottom line is simply this, at a nearly 90 to one ratio, it is an absolute gift. And I feel that way, not just because of the mathematics of it and how unusual that ratio is, but when you take a glimpse at the most sophisticated, well-funded, well-informed, and nefarious traders on the globe, JP Morgan, there may be close to a billion ounces accumulated of silver over the last 10 years, 12 years, according some of the silver experts that follow the silver fundamentals very closely. And they point out that they see the most sophisticated traders on the globe cornering the physical market of silver...

http://www.theaureport.com/article/2020/03/03/the-merits-of-government-minted-coins-versus-privately-minted-coins.html

Offline wg

« Reply #417 on: April 07, 2020, 01:56:53 AM »

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2020, 11:11:13 PM »
Physical gold demand is going through the roof and US mint is shutting down.  Common coins are now 6%-7% over melt, up from 0% over melt in January. 
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-mint-halts-coin-output-195900161.html

Physical silver demand is cooling as investors are wisely dumping box after box of silver eagles, panda, maples and buffalo rounds onto the market before recession signals become clear to the masses.  Spreads have compressed to $3 for rounds and $5 for eagles and pandas.  Common silver eagles sell for the same price around $20-$21 regardless of the spot prices between $12-$18, it is like owning cash, it doesn't change in price.

Stimulus checks are hitting bank accounts this week, hope to get some coins to list Friday. 

Offline wg

« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2020, 04:33:31 AM »
The big boom in gold and silver coin demand will quickly filter down to the mints. Expect them to quickly ramp up production. Whereas 2015-2019 was a sluggish period for U.S. Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint bullion coin revenues, it looks like 2020 will be a big year. Will it be as booming as 2015? That remains to be seen.

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/jp-koning/how-mints-will-be-affected-by-the-big-jump-in-bullion-coin-demand/