Author Topic: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!  (Read 89687 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »
jsmineset     CNBC   "China will compel Saudi Arabia to trade oil in yuan......."

Other articles say Saudi Arabia has warned the US they will do this immediately if the US retaliates against Saudi due to the murder of the journalist Khashhoggi......

This is the key to high bullion and no value USD.    Have warned many when i read about peak oil maybe 15 yrs ago.    Most tell me, including many members here, that it will not happen in their lifetimes.      This could happen quickly.    Sadly it is a matter of time now.    As usual "the world will wake up to Chinese money"........

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2018, 08:08:04 AM »
Oops, i forgot.     Ebay 323503143243  1984 goldfish set is GILT brass.    Closes today.    I asked experts and emailed the seller too.    Look for yourself and decide....

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »
Historically, the seller of oil has been in the dominant position, requiring payment in the currency of its choice or even gold.  Your comments suggest the dynamics of oil trade have changed and China, as the buyer, will be able to determine the appropriate payment (RMB).  This suggests the Saudi government, as the seller of oil, has lost control of the transaction.

As our oil production increases in North Dakota and west Texas, I hope our exporters retain control of the transaction and require China, as buyers, to pay in gold coins or bullion.  I would prefer gold coins from the 1992-2000 era.

Mark Bonke

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
Payments in RMB are a long way away.  The dollar is king and will continue to be king with Trump.  If you get paid in RMB, you have to invest in RMB, there are no places to invest RMB except in China if you invest in Chinese bonds you can't get the money out which is no different than not getting paid at all.  Prior to Trump, China was on pace to become the biggest economy in 10 years, now it might take 15-20 years if we continue to put pressure on their economy.  This is the US last shot to maintain dominance for few extra years on the GDP front, once they lose that status then in 10-20 additional years we will see the dominance of China followed by India.  If you are in MCC you are in it for the long game. 

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • See our coins at www.coinvault.com
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »
Nobody wants RMB payment.  You have to be forced to take it.

That is not a US dollar replacement.

Saudi will take RMB if they can get rid of it the same day in a pre-arranged currency sale contract.

What will Saudi do with the RMB? ....mostly buy US dollars !

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2018, 08:03:44 AM »
I hope you all are right but i see a lot of pressure on the USD.     Hopefully Trump can keep the USD as the world currency.    May we live in interesting times....

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #276 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »
Pressure from whom, euro, cad, aus, rmb, peso, lira, ... are all getting pounded by the mighty dollar. 

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
I agree the USD is mighty for now but for how long?....

jsmineset    David Rosenberg     Foreign buying of US treasuries cut in 1/2 this yr.     USD on last legs.      Same opinion of many analysts....

NY Times  "Paul Volker, at 91, sees a hell of a mess."     

1984 Great Wall 3.3 silver  OMP box     $3,000 best offer accepted        Ebay 392155917930   sold quick.
This is the 3rd silver Great Wall sold recently.    Have seen about 4 brass Great Walls sell too.    I thought these were rare?    Do seller's need cash?.....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:15 AM »
CNBC, the paper instrument program, was on after hours last night after the stock market dropped 600 plus points.     The last time they were on after hours was 2008-09 market crash that i remember....    Looks like bullion will break out soon..

No one disputes these numbers, why?
bullionstar.com says China has 20,000 tons of gold.     King World News article says 30,000 tons.   Many articles say 17,000 tons of gold was sold by China to its people or consumers.       USA claims 8 tons of gold but we all know that was sold long ago by our Deep State presidents, Clintons, Bush and Obama......

I want a strong USD for at least the next few years as does Trump.   Not prepared for the troubles ahead....

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2018, 01:36:02 PM »
I agree that gold is the most undervalued assets relative to all asset classes.  The question in my mind is will the new generation buy gold as an investment.  During the next 15 years, every day 10,000 baby boomers are hitting the retirement, they are net sellers of gold, somebody has to buy from them. Maybe a blockchain backed by gold will be the answer, that could propel gold to the moon.

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
A bitcoin-like currency really backed by gold would work.   

We should start one.   However, administrative costs will be a mess which could be paid for with transaction fee/holding fee.....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »
It looks like Trump's tariffs on China is slowing down their economy to force them to the negotiation table.     
Does this mean Chinese coins/medals will drop in price?
Does this mean bullion will jump up and so will Chinese coins/medals?
I don't know, any comments?.....

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
Nobody knows yet.   But the older Chinese coins are really doing well.

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »
I don't think Trump wants the Chinese to come to the negotiation table, instead, he would prefer manufacturing move out of China and back to the US or to other SE Asian countries.  These developments are negative for Chinese collectibles as disposable income will drop for many in China, but when it turns because China establishes relationships with other trading partners then it will be positive for all things Chinese.  If you believe China will be dominant economy 10 years from now, then you have a great opportunity to buy right now, many 1/2 are trading at 50% discount to a year ago levels.