Author Topic: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!  (Read 84907 times)

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »
Arif

Thank you for your detailed analysis of the market.  Most informative

I do not know what "Internet 3.0, decentralized computing and data being monetized by the user." means.  Any additional information will be interesting to me.

Wealth has grown in China quickly.  Is this wealth held by a few people?  If so, is this the reason there is little or no demand for master sets?  Do all of the extremely wealthy individuals in China already own one or more master sets?  If the new found wealth was decentralized, it seems as though there would never be a lack of demand for master sets.  Wealthy people are not required to choose between real estate, stock or gold panda coins.  They can easily own some of each, using some plan of diversification.

A few friends in China have become wealthy by being the "Chinese partner" in enterprises financed by foreign companies.  They have invested little or nothing and own 1/2 of the new Chinese factory.  People in this position have obtained wealth without capital investment or risk.  Party membership has provided enormous financial gains.  Why aren't these people buying gold coins?

Rumors suggest government officials have received master sets as presents for favorable actions benefiting private enterprises.  Why do we not see these sets being resold in the marketplace?

As you may see, I am still quite confused about the state of the market for Chinese coins.

Mark Bonke

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2018, 11:15:48 AM »
If you have HBO watch show Silicon Valley.  The current model is facebook and google collect data on us and make money off it, the future is our data will belong to us and we will sell it to advertisers via decentralized computing network, similar to blockchain model. 

There are a lot of wealthy people in the US, but only a handful want to own a mickey mantle rookie card in PSA 9, it is same way with panda coins, you have to want to own them and then you will buy them.  I can go out and buy a master set, but I don't want it, because most of the coins in the set are common and should be treated as bullion, I only want coins that have numismatic premiums above 30% and are priced above $1000.  What trigger will want them to buy it, that is up Shanghai and Beijing market to work out, I am just a front runner to the future demand from those buyers.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
Yes, they will. But no reason to submit. They are bullion, likely always will be.

Offline collectingcoins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2018, 11:46:49 AM »
Thanks Mirkkanen.  Sounds like a waste of money to send for grading/NCS.  I'll keep as is. 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2018, 12:19:10 PM »

...Rumors suggest government officials have received master sets as presents for favorable actions benefiting private enterprises.  Why do we not see these sets being resold in the marketplace?

Mark Bonke

To the extent it was ever true (the master set phenomenon is only a few years old) I am confident that this ended with the arrival of Xi Jinping as President and Party Secretary. Rumors to the contrary, to the very best of my knowledge that is not how things are done today in China.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »
The 1990’s 1/2oz gold panda coins are priced beyond the reach of average serial collectors. This may impact on people’s willingness to collect the whole series.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #261 on: May 03, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »
1/2 look cheap when compared to what people spend for vintage coins of higher survivals.  Take look at some record prices paid a few weeks ago in HK for silver coins with about $15 of melt value.

With China entrepreneurs copying and improving our technology IP, you will see crazy amount of wealth creation in the next decade.  Look at what facebook employees make, China programmers will make even more 10 years from now relative to their american counterparts.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/networth/article/Yes-median-pay-at-Facebook-really-is-about-12870786.php

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2018, 07:03:30 PM »
Arif

Do you even care if a particular coin is Large Date or Small Date variety?  The creators of the Master Sets do not care.  Also, do you care if the particular coin is MS67, MS68 or MS69?  I do not think the creators of the Master Sets care (so long as the 67 is not unsightly).  If LD, SD and MS67-69 specifics are unimportant, then, investors should look for a particular denomination of coin in an attractive 67 slab for the lowest price.  Hmmmm. 

Mark Bonke

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2018, 01:47:13 AM »
MS67 with nice eye appeal or MS68 are ideal for master set builders.  But if you want to expand your pool of buyers to include retail, MS69 is the way to go.  I own only MS69 coins, all others I sell off quickly to keep cash flow strong.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2018, 07:06:48 AM »
Interesting.    Even Pricepedia mentions the low demand for bullion but high demand for some Chinese like Vintage.      I think Chinese coins/medals could boom quickly too.      My guesstimate is that Chinese coin/medal demand may take off before bullion gallops into the sunset.....

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2018, 09:41:37 AM »
The bigger issue is there are many more sellers than buyers for physical bullion.  A lot of the bullion that was in IRAs started being dumped into the market after Trumps win, with proceeds going to stocks and real estate.  Then you had mainstream interest in bitcoins. I decided in Feb 2017 to reduce my bullion exposure to zero by year end, three months later by April central states I was completely out of a position that took 15 years to build, which started shortly after 9/11 (during war buy gold thesis, too bad I didn’t know about MCC at the start). 

I don’t plan to be in bullion again unless US is part of a war effort, devaluation of US dollar (not going to happen as long as RMB is under capital controls) or technical breakout about $1550.  I would also never short bullion, because at moment notice it can spike due to white swan event.  Best strategy is watch from the sidelines and instead own numismatic coins that bet on prosperity of upper middle class and elites. 

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
Interesting.    Even Pricepedia mentions the low demand for bullion but high demand for some Chinese like Vintage.      I think Chinese coins/medals could boom quickly too.      My guesstimate is that Chinese coin/medal demand may take off before bullion gallops into the sunset.....

My guess. Money going into crypto in lieu of gold.

Offline mook

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #267 on: June 10, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »
it should move strongly in the coming weeks

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »
Why?