Author Topic: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!  (Read 78756 times)

Offline Flegend35

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2014, 02:16:45 AM »
When Gold was 1900 everyone thought for sure it would be at around 3500 at this point. This was a great time to pickup Pandas at spot. As soon as everyone hates gold it is time to buy. Look at the price in the last 2 days. I haven't seen gold up this much during asian hours in about 7 months. If these economies are truly improved then you should load up on Platinum and Palladium..

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2014, 04:20:45 AM »
If these economies are truly improved then you should load up on Platinum and Palladium..

That's a might big "if" to be gambling on IMO.
Word I'm hearing is to stay away from Platinum and Palladium.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »
Same old story, Yuan goes up and dollar will go down.   Chinese banks are the most profitable.   All positive for MCC.....

http://thebricspost.com/china-announces-new-private-banks/

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »

Offline davidt3251

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2014, 01:44:53 AM »
Hah. Rick Rule. I saw him most recently at the TSX Town Hall in Vancouver in April 2013. Rick said he was buying. Not sure whose money he was using, because around that time Sprott, for whom he works, reported over half a billion in investor redemptions.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/eric-sprott-can-the-gold-hawk-find-magic-after-the-commodities-crash/article11444187/?page=all

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
The strong hands have once again taken from the weak hands. The gold vultures are circling, who knows when they land.  There could be more manipulation in progress.  Or maybe this is last chance to buy the rare MCC you have always wanted?  Something is up as the general public has alot more interest in MCC........

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »
Something is up as the general public has alot more interest in MCC........

What's your evidence?

In my neck of the woods, white people continue to unknowingly bring in common date and semi-key date gold and silver panda coins to local bullion dealers, who buy them around spot and resell for quite a profit. I have seen absolutely ZERO evidence of the average joe having an interest in MCC. I am one of (possibly) two buyers for all the Chinese stuff that comes through the doors of my LCS. In order to make the stuff mine, I have to be willing to match or beat Mish's buy price for those items.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »
Where do you live?  In the Vancouver WA/Portland OR area i contacted a few coin/bullion dealers last year and they said there were buyers coming in twice a day looking to buy Chinese coins.   I just called the local shops here in rural OR and they have a good supply of bullion but zero Chinese coins.   No one is selling them anymore.   Most people in my area know that China owns the gold and some of them have taken an interest in Chinese coins and some notes.  What is the phone number of your local LCS?.........

Offline GDG's

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2014, 07:05:23 PM »
What's your evidence?

In my neck of the woods, white people continue to unknowingly bring in common date and semi-key
What's your evidence?

>>>In my neck of the woods, white people continue to unknowingly bring in common date and semi-key date gold and silver panda coins to local bullion dealers, who buy them around spot and resell for quite a profit. <<<

Tell us what the significance is regarding your claim about "white people"? Are we to surmise something about those "white people"?

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »
I was attempting to point out that the majority of the Chinese coins that get sold to my LCS come from white customers, as opposed to African Americans, Asians, etc. You were supposed to surmise that it is my opinion that most white bullion stackers know nothing about MCC and wouldn't recognize a 2000 mirror panda as being any more valuable than a 1996.

I am not sure whether those white-skinned patrons are collectors, inheritors, bums, or young kids stealing from their father's collection. All I know is that they often know little to nothing about the rarities they possess because they willingly accept spot plus a small percentage for their coins.

** True MCC rarities rarely, if ever, walk through the doors.**

What's your evidence?

In my neck of the woods, white people continue to unknowingly bring in common date and semi-key
What's your evidence?

>>>In my neck of the woods, white people continue to unknowingly bring in common date and semi-key date gold and silver panda coins to local bullion dealers, who buy them around spot and resell for quite a profit. <<<

Tell us what the significance is regarding your claim about "white people"? Are we to surmise something about those "white people"?

Offline GDG's

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:11 PM »
" I am not sure whether those white-skinned patrons are collectors, inheritors, bums, or young kids stealing from their father's collection. "

Seriously. Maybe some yellow skinned gang member or drug addict stole those coins from a white skinned families home and then unloaded them on the cheap to a pawn shop. Ca.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2014, 03:16:35 PM »
My Mom is Korean and Dad was a Yankee, Norweigian.   I grew up on a farm and worked w/ most all Asians including Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laos, Mexicans, Central Americans, whites, etc...    Was friends w/ the black community and played sports w/ them too so have been exposed to most nationalities.   Knew many wealthy, poor and in between.  The bottom line is a fellow named Martin Luther King when he said "it is not the color of your skin but the content of your character".   In some areas a certain race may have more criminal element than others so attitudes develope.   Overall we are pretty much all the same.......

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2014, 03:31:33 PM »
Hey, why don't we shake hands and just characterize the patrons bringing in their coins to sell at prices lower than WE might value them, as just being either uninformed, desperate, or just not fussy and prefering cash?

I have bought, at near spot, from sellers of all backgrounds I would just characterize as such and nothing more, and I have been happy to help.
 :001_smile:

And I might ad, I've been a seller of MCC too, for cash at prices I've been more than happy with, to buyers who have been more than happy with the deal we have made. That's the beauty of Free Trade- each party comes out thinking they have made out better.

Right now, in my neck of the woods, I'm seeing patrons of all backgrounds, and both informed and uninformed, choosing to liquidate at lower prices, as their work hours decline or they need to raise money in the face of economic hardships resulting from oppressive brain-dead cost-adding government regulations and oppressive taxation.  Those who are hard working producers will only see their positions improve IF things somehow change back to where government is forced by We The People to reverse course, stop stealing more and more and more of our hard-earned fruit of our hard labor to give it to themselves and those who game the system, and once again allow producers the incentive to risk their efforts and grow the economy. Take the time and call your representatives and demand not only a stop to the increasing madness, but a full reversal in direction, and elimination of oppressive economy strangling regulations and demand an actual roll-back of tax rates.
As "Collectors" we need to realize this and rally everyone to demand we get to keep something, and not have it ever increasingly stolen by decree.
Less keeping = less collecting = lower prices = less savings and less wealth for us all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:08:46 PM by Hippanda »
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
Those who are hard working producers will only see their positions improve IF things somehow change back to where government reverses course, stops stealing more and more and more of our hard-earned fruit of our hard labor to give it to themselves and those who game the system

When I was in the bank the other day, I saw an advertisement for their interest rate on their "platinum" savings account (0.1%).  I envisioned a man who worked hard and saved his entire life in order to accumulate one million dollars to support his retirement.  A $1,000,000.00 is impressive, but if he put that money in the savings account at 0.1% interest, he would earn a mere $1000/yr, hardly enough to finance a retirement.  That is sad, and is the ugly side of the FED's low interest rate policy.  Fixed income retirees must be encountering some challenges.  Not fair.