Author Topic: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!  (Read 130945 times)

Offline ShareTheNews

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why Gold will be flat or GO DOWN!!!!!
« Reply #390 on: March 14, 2020, 01:51:52 PM »
Keydate is spot on.  The younger generation will one day ask, what is junk silver. It’s all about crypto’s for the younger folks. Maybe gold. Proof is in the pudding.  Smart people said, the GSR should be 30, and yet here we are, 103...and climbing. One well known analyst, Peter Brandt COA saying 10.00 silver is possible. Silver is bulky, heavy and hard to transport. A pocket of gold has a ‘ton’ of value. This is a good discussion.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #391 on: March 14, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »
It is good we all post our opinions but i think we are very close now to where PM prices will end up.      Here in rural OR our biggest store is Safeway.     From the time they open at 6 am to close, there are long lines at the check out.     This is the first time anyone has seen a run on groceries like this, it is new territory.   Supplies are very low.    Same as thru out the US as people start to understand we will be shut in like Italy.     My neighbor laughs but how do you restock all the stores?     How long will we be shut in?    Businesses, airlines, sports, etc will not run or operate.    Our economy will deteriorate.    Lots of money being created and pumped into our system.    With our debt/derivatives this has got to hurt our USD.     So in a short amount of time gold/silver will have their day and we will all see where prices go.....

Living in a rural area and not a city we can always hunt deer/elk or the rustle the neighbors cattle so we have options.    Our highways have buried technology that people think is used to count traffic.    It does but can also shut down our vehicle computers.    Many do not understand that so how do people leave the cities?    Articles say our police will soon not answer calls, only top emergencies.    I can defend myself.    The rich have bugged out to places like New Zealand or into bunkers.    Why are they doing that?     I hope this is not a real emergency but we will all soon find out.....

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2020, 12:38:58 AM »
Silver eagle premiums shot up on Friday.  They were trading at $1.60 over melt on Wednesday and by Friday they are $2.75 over melt.  Of course, melt dropped by $2 which is why premiums and demand went up.  When silver gets to $12 eagle could be trading at $4-$5 over because demand will be very high at that price level.   

Gold panda spreads also went up, what I was selling at 2-3% over, now I am selling at 7-8% over and still selling.  It is funny how markets work, people see low gold price and want to buy even if the premium has gone up since last week.  It will be interesting and tough time for the next month or so. 

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2020, 03:37:40 PM »
This topic was started by Mr. Organic long, long ago on April 26, 2013.  I wonder what Raul thinks about the marketplace seven years later.

Mark Bonke

Online PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »
This topic was started by Mr. Organic long, long ago on April 26, 2013.  I wonder what Raul thinks about the marketplace seven years later.

Mark Bonke

Does he still think about the marketplace seven years later?

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3jmjkmjumnAA`qqQZ
Home of the 2020 Valentine Panda
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #395 on: March 16, 2020, 05:25:58 PM »
Fed drops interest rate close to zero.    $7 billion, then $5 billion created money added, how much behind the scenes?   This morning stock market drops & kicks off circuit breaker at the open.     Largest stock market drop in history today.     Google to China stock market.    It too dropped but the least losses.     China owns the gold, gold mines and the US manufacturing.     In time the world will wake up to Chinese money.    Bullion is seeing big losses like in 2008 before the big rise in prices.   
People keep telling me of the PDX area grocery stores.    Controlled chaos for now.    Some articles say police will not respond until absolute emergency so who will keep the panic people in line?     Same as grocery stores in rural areas as people know a complete shut down could happen soon.    Mountain House foods # 10 tins on ebay are selling out quick and some foods have 30%+ sodium.    Again, this in not the flu and the world governments know it but not saying the truth as usual.     I support Trump but his plan to grow the economy cannot work w/ this bio weapon.     Looks like a matter of time for gold/silver to race to new highs and in the long run Chinese coins/medals will rule......   

For new collectors, small gold proofs are selling up then down depending on the day for now.. 
1987P PF 68 UC   $175   Sold    Ebay 254495164722...

Offline ShareTheNews

« Reply #396 on: March 16, 2020, 08:10:02 PM »
At this moment - cash is king. Period - end of story. The tune will change.  When I got up at 6 AM, the price of silver was $11.90 - a back up the truck moment. IMHO. BUT, as I scoured the internet to find cheap ‘blobs’ of silver, it was either gone, or the premiums were incredibly high.  Paper said one price, but physical was in a different stratosphere!!

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2020, 08:12:32 PM »
Pandamonium

Please make you comments in more detail.  I find them confusing. 

As an example, I do not know what Mountain House Foods #10 tins with 30%+ sodium means.  Apparently, Mountain House is a name brand of products which is sold somewhere by someone.  #10 tins refers to a size of some unknown weight.  30% sodium must be either a higher or lower amount of salt content than the amount found in other canned items.

As another example, I do not know what PDX area grocery stores are.  Is PDX a company?  Is PDX a part of the country?

My point is simple.  Please spend time filling in the details of your comments.  They are interesting.  Still, I think I am missing the "point" most of the time because I do not understand the details.  Obviously, I have limitations which make it difficult for me to understand.  I live in a rural setting.  I just do not live in your rural setting. Please help me overcome these limitations by providing more information.

Thanks.

Mark Bonke 

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2020, 11:53:33 PM »
At this moment - cash is king. Period - end of story. The tune will change.  When I got up at 6 AM, the price of silver was $11.90 - a back up the truck moment. IMHO. BUT, as I scoured the internet to find cheap ‘blobs’ of silver, it was either gone, or the premiums were incredibly high.  Paper said one price, but physical was in a different stratosphere!!

Spreads on Silver eagles are up from $2.75 on Friday to $4.50 today.   I am thinking $10 silver with $6 spread is coming soon.  Until dealers cant replace inventory at these new levels, I expect spreads to stay high on physical silver.  It is time to empty the silver truck and buy gold IMHO. 

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2020, 08:36:38 AM »
Pandamonium

Please make you comments in more detail.  I find them confusing. 

As an example, I do not know what Mountain House Foods #10 tins with 30%+ sodium means.  Apparently, Mountain House is a name brand of products which is sold somewhere by someone.  #10 tins refers to a size of some unknown weight.  30% sodium must be either a higher or lower amount of salt content than the amount found in other canned items.

As another example, I do not know what PDX area grocery stores are.  Is PDX a company?  Is PDX a part of the country?

My point is simple.  Please spend time filling in the details of your comments.  They are interesting.  Still, I think I am missing the "point" most of the time because I do not understand the details.  Obviously, I have limitations which make it difficult for me to understand.  I live in a rural setting.  I just do not live in your rural setting. Please help me overcome these limitations by providing more information.

Thanks.

Mark Bonke 

PDX is airport language for Portland OR.    Lots of travelers in the Chinese coin community so i thought it would make sense.    For those that live in the cities, call grocery stores in your near rural areas as the population is much lower and stores can restock.       Our local Safeway in rural OR says the big glut of concerned buyers is past and they are restocking.    The cities are still stressed.     Food is a finite amount so restock while you can.     They are out of Calrose rice for Pete's sake.   How can i survive?    Mountain House foods would bring up curiousity and my hope is others would Google to them up on line.      Mountain House always wins the taste test and supply some of our military too.    Currently they are the best of long term food supply.     30% sodium is the daily consumption for one meal as it states on the label.     #10 tins or small 1 meal pouches is how they are shipped.     The big tins have at least 10 meals.     Some are delicious and some like spaghetti or lasagna suck for me anyhow.    Wise is another top producer and they are at low inventory or empty.    These foods last 30 yrs.   
At this moment cash is King but lets look to the future.    Bullion supply is getting huge demand.     The Swiss refineries know the truth as usual and a article on King World News says very low supply.   
I think silver or gold is fantastic.    Either one is a winner but again i do not favor silver bullion anymore due to fakes and i favor 1964 or older small junk silver as recognizable currency that make a ping sound when dropped.     I favor small gold due to upcoming huge price of gold and the best right now are graded Chinese small proofs for the price today.     At some point we got to buy/trade for supplies w/ gold/silver so small makes sense.     As the economy does not recover for a while then we get closer to bank lock box confiscation.......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2020, 10:57:17 AM »
I would not have noticed had you not notified us ...  N8 whew ... thanks.

I'm looking for the "mute" button ....

Dynamike, Obvious you do not like my posts so here is my suggestion.    Contact Tanya Harding and her crew.    Have them grab a wood club, look me up and whack me on my knee.     When they are finished w/ me they can take the club and tree knock for Sasquatch.    This will give you a win, win. :)

For those that choose to go to rural grocery stores and escape the controlled chaos of our cities, call the store first for restock supplies and hours of low traffic.   Probably when they open.     Gas is cheap so why not?
Goldseek  "Extreme disconnect between paper and physical gold"......

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2020, 12:06:57 PM »
Silver eagle spreads are now $5.00-$5.50.  Even if silver goes up, the spread will contract and those buying will break even.  Gold spreads are still reasonable and gold is acting as a true safe-haven asset.  Gold/Silver ratio at 123 today, doesn't take much to get to 200.  At 200 I will probably will sell gold to buy some silver.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-is-setting-records-dating-back-over-5000-years-against-silver-2020-03-17?

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »
.. Central Banks have no chance of stopping it but they will still use the only tool they know which is unlimited money printing.

https://goldswitzerland.com/the-demise-of-the-financial-system-is-imminent/

Offline ShareTheNews

« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2020, 11:02:15 AM »
Mirk will win the bet and I’ll add 10 and raise you 10.  Silver is junk. I wonder if the GSR will go to 150-200? Silver will continue to get crushed, especially as the older die off, and the millennials take over and buy crypto’s and gold.  Go to any crypto site, it’s always gold and crypto.  NEVER, EVER, Gold Crytpo and Silver!  Silver bullion will end up in the dust bin of history - except of course the collectible pieces.  Run away from silver - IMHO. Perhaps my biggest investment mistake - buying so much silver - sigh.  :blush:

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
Silver is junk.

sry, but a sun storm ( like 1859) and you can stick shitcoin where the sun don't shine....up your ass. ;)

https://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/10mar_stormwarning.html