Author Topic: Where is poconopenn?  (Read 631 times)

Bsandersen and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Where is poconopenn?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2020, 08:28:22 PM »
Looking at his post history from his profile the last time he posted was March 25, 2019!! I really hope I’m off on this! http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=14718.msg85781#msg85781

I emailed him about a year ago, close to same time frame as his last post, w/ no return email.....

He had info on the 1990 16.5 oz silver Vault Protector too as he was the only one to make a small post about it on this forum in the past.    I know of no one (yet) that has info on this big beauty...

Steve Quayle    Strange Sounds   "Thousands hunt for mysterious creature after hearing Dragon growling from surrounding mountains in China".

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »
Although I have been a member of the coin forum for a few years, I do not know Poconopenn's real identity.  Is he from the USA or another country?  Has he attended coin shows in the USA, Kowloon or the PRC? 

When we use various online names, I have difficulty knowing whether the person I meet at a coin show or in a coin shop or at a coin auction is also a coin forum member.  We do this to protect a member's identity and, in doing so, make it difficult to help a coin forum member in need.

Does any coin forum member actually know Poconopenn?  If you do,  call him on the telephone today or visit his home to see whether he has medical or other issues.

Peter Anthony has called me when I have had my problems and I have really appreciated his efforts on my behalf.  This is a community of people with similar interests.  These similar interests could be a strong basis for friendship and the benefits and obligations associated with friendship.

Just a few thoughts from an older collector of Chinese coins, currency and stamps. 

Mark Bonke

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »
First off, it is totally my honor to be friends with Mark. Numismatics is a wonderful way to get to know people and I've met many wonderful collectors and dealers through the Chinese Coin Forum.

In regards to Poconopenn, I trust that he is still with us. I hope he is well, too, and just focused on other interests these days. His input is certainly missed on this forum.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide
Home of the 2020 Valentine Panda
www.pandacollector.com

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
He lived in the US and have done business with him.  Haven't received a response to his US email, which is tied to his internet providers plan, not permanent ones like Gmail or yahoo.  Let's hope he is still fine.  I don't think too much when someone stops posting or buying for a few years, it is quite normal to stop and then come back 2-10 years later in this hobby. 

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 03:23:22 PM »
He lived in the US and have done business with him.  Haven't received a response to his US email, which is tied to his internet providers plan, not permanent ones like Gmail or yahoo.  Let's hope he is still fine.  I don't think too much when someone stops posting or buying for a few years, it is quite normal to stop and then come back 2-10 years later in this hobby. 

Let's hope so.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 04:18:01 PM »
Sensei Poconopenn is alive and well, I'm sure he will check in with us when he has time.

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 02:48:08 AM »
Sensei* Poconopenn is alive and well, I'm sure he will check in with us when he has time.

comeaux
 N48 for the good news

"the elder, the teacher, the senior, who exemplifies the way and teaches his students"

N31 N31 N31