Author Topic: SELLING: Gold/Silver Pandas (Proceeds donated to US Nat'l Sepak Takraw Team)  (Read 6296 times)

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
Trying something new here . . .

I play a rather unusual and obscure sport called Sepak Takraw (http://youtu.be/NBBK7XIFS-c?t=3m31s, footage of Team USA in last year's ISTAF Super Series 2012. I am #30) and I have been selected to be part of the US National Team again. We are supposed to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in May for the first of four ISTAF Super Series 2013 international tournaments, however, one of our 3 team members is unable to afford his airfare to Malaysia. I am selling off a few of my bears to help support the team. Please help me by bidding/buying what I have for sale below:

SILVER:
*1999 Serif 1 Silver Panda (OMP)- (white spot of death on outer rim) accepting offers of $250 or more . . . (pics up soon)
*1994SD Silver Panda PCGS MS-69- $210 (the slab itself has seen better days . . . #12581598)
GOLD:
*1995 1/10th oz gold panda (coin is scratchy all over, needs a good home)-$accepting offers over $200 or more . . . (pics below)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:52:26 AM by Mirkkanen »

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
Wow, that's some athletic sport.  Obscure or not, I'm delighted that one of our forum member is representing USA and generous to help out his teammate.  I shall follow the game with great interests.  I will bid $250, 210, 200, respectively,  for your three items, but may I suggest you put them on the 7-day auction format?  I don't mind a bidding war for a good cause like this.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
*Is there a way to make a direct donation without buying coins?

Offline Straitssettlementshop

• Trade Count: (+1)
Hi Mirkkanen,

We Malaysians have the best Sepak Takraw team in the world. Wish you all the best to your team for trying to beat us if you can..... :001_tt2:

Welcome to Malaysia !

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
*Is there a way to make a direct donation without buying coins?

Yes, you are welcome to donate small amounts to Team USA through my paypal email, jeremy.mirken@gmail.com, or if you are considering a larger amount we should chat. I have the ability to get a company logo placed on the front or back of the Team USA jerseys, but this would only be for higher dollar amounts. Thank you PH and everyone else.

@ Straitssettlementshop . . . yes, Malaysia's team is very strong, but I am not afraid :) Hope to see you in KL. The event will be free for spectators.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
Please note that the holder was not well taken care of before this coin came to me and as a result it has imperfections that detract from the beauty of this coin. The plastic of the obverse (temple) side looks cleaner as compared to the dirtier look of the reverse (panda) side. I assume that the coin within the holder is 69 quality, as decided by PCGS:

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
As SANDAC wrote above, he has offered the following:

1999 Serif 1- $250
1994 SD MS-69- $210
1995 scruffy 1/10th -$200

Will accept public offers/donations until Sunday at noon.

Free shipping to USA, shipping at cost Internationally.

Thanks everyone!

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
As SANDAC wrote above, he has offered the following:

1999 Serif 1- $250
1994 SD MS-69- $210
1995 scruffy 1/10th -$200

Will accept public offers/donations until Sunday at noon.

Free shipping to USA, shipping at cost Internationally.

Thanks everyone!
The 1994 slab doesn't look that bad.  I'll raise my bid for 1994 SD MS69 to $230.  The bids for other two items remain the same.  

Go team USA!

And +1 for Mirkkanen

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)

@ Straitssettlementshop . . . yes, Malaysia's team is very strong, but I am not afraid :) Hope to see you in KL. The event will be free for spectators.

:thumbup:  USA!

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
Soccer meets badminton?
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline gsmnss

• Trade Count: (+15)
I am very proud for having bought gold pandas from such a great Sepak Takraw player of the US National Team. Come on, Jeremy!

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
 :001_tongue: Thanks everyone!

With these sales, a $350 in sponsorship I got from the owner of my local coin shop (Oakland Silver & Gold), and a generous gift from my mother  :laugh:, I will raise about $1200 bucks, which will certainly be enough to help out my teammate and get Team USA overseas!

N40

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
Only 90 minutes left before noon!

Latest bids:
$255 for serif 1 silver panda ( via private bid)
$230 for 1994 silver panda 69
$200 for scruffy 95 1/10th

The 1994 slab doesn't look that bad.  I'll raise my bid for 1994 SD MS69 to $230.  The bids for other two items remain the same.  

Go team USA!

And +1 for Mirkkanen

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
I want to provide a long overdue update about my experience overseas.

With the funds generated by these and other sales, I was able to donate $1000+ bucks to the third member of our Nat'l team who would have been unable to pay for his own ticket to Asia. In addition to the money raised, I was able to solicit a $900 sponsorship from my local coin shop, Oakland Silver & Gold, which we used to outfit our team with several sets of jerseys/track suits/game bags, etc . . . the required equipment for tournament play.

The US Nat'l Sepak Takraw Team went to India, where we finished in 9th place. While I flew home to return to work for two weeks my team mates stayed in Asia, in Thailand. I rejoined them 2 weeks later in Bangkok, where we got to train with the Thai Nat'l team for a few days before attending the King's Cup in Udon Thani, Thailand. We got a gold medal in our division for the 2 v. 2 competition, but did not place in 3 v. 3 competition. One week later, we competed in the final event of the most exciting 6 weeks of my life, the ISTAF Super Series in Bangkok, Thailand. Amazingly, Team USA was able to finish 3rd in this 3 v. 3 event, in which only the best 12 teams in the world are able to compete. In its history the USA Nat'l team has never finished as high as we did that week. We beat Team Iran in the quarterfinal and our match was televised on EuroSport 2. It went out to all European and Asian countries . . . 67 in total. A friend of mine from Finland watched us compete from his living room and was posting LIVE Facebook updates! Super cool.

I will post some pictures of the experience soon.

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
Congrats!   :thumbup: