Author Topic: Texas May Start Hoarding Gold...Secession Next?  (Read 7243 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Texas May Start Hoarding Gold...Secession Next?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:53:14 PM »
I read that article earlier today, interesting.  The grab for gold will soon get underway as the dummies are finally getting a clue.  I am early but at some point everyone will say.....Tsunami demand!........

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »
Is there any gold left?  probably.   When supply disappeared in 2009/10 the prices were manipulated to stay low.  Wonder how long they can keep bullion prices down this time.......

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/4/12_Maguire_-_There_Is_Absolutely_No_Physical_Gold_For_Sale.html

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:31:01 PM »
We all know gold/silver prices are manipulated.  We all know the mints have huge demand and little supply like the sales of Silver Eagles.  The best way to guage the market is to contact coin/bullion shops in your area.   One collector told me gold bullion is on a waiting list at his coin shop in Portland OR.  My local shops still have supply.  When the local shops run out then supply is gone...........I would  buy a Yugo if it included a oz of gold.........

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »
King World News is least reliable source IMO. They paint everything so positive, but truth is that anyone who followed their advice for the past 2 years got a serious haircut. There are many gold and silver gurus out there that all they do is pump PM's up. It is a cartel of gurus fighting a cartel of bankers and both sides are guilty of manipulation as I see it. Bankers play with the price, the gurus play with your mind.

Supply, by the way, exists. Premiums are a bit higher but the metal is available. So many online dealers and eBay offer bullion for sale.

The reality is that gold and silver are in a down trend and remain so until there is a confirmation of a reversal.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 10:48:32 PM »
King World News is least reliable source IMO. They paint everything so positive, but truth is that anyone who followed their advice for the past 2 years got a serious haircut. There are many gold and silver gurus out there that all they do is pump PM's up. It is a cartel of gurus fighting a cartel of bankers and both sides are guilty of manipulation as I see it. Bankers play with the price, the gurus play with your mind.

Supply, by the way, exists. Premiums are a bit higher but the metal is available. So many online dealers and eBay offer bullion for sale.

The reality is that gold and silver are in a down trend and remain so until there is a confirmation of a reversal.

Very well put.
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Online SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »
With demand like this, there is every reason to trash talk down the merchandise on one hand and buy it up on the other hand.  It is only good business practice.   N6

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:17:41 AM »
With demand like this, there is every reason to trash talk down the merchandise on one hand and buy it up on the other hand.  It is only good business practice.   N6

Warehouse inventories being drained...
http://bullmarketthinking.com/comex-gold-inventories-collapse-by-largest-amount-on-record/

Nations creating financial/trade life lines apart from the USD.
France joins Australia, Japan, India, Iran & Brazil opening currency swap lines with China?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/13/us-china-france-currency-idUSBRE93C01S20130413

I think the writing is on the wall.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »
The truth is that supply is going, going, almost gone.  King World news does make mistakes but they also have James Sinclair on their articles often.  He is the World's authority on gold and made his riches back in the 70's or 80's when prices went way up, then down.  The crisis today is different and much worse.  We do still have supply but when you look at demand, how long can supply last?  Due to the manipulation of information it can be confusing so it is good to hear other opinions and not those of Crimex or bankers.  I believe bullion supply will disappear soon.  The only question I have is this:  will bullion break out before MCC or visa versa?...........Keep in mind that my 2 cents says silver bullion will hit the $1,000 per oz mark.  I read the evidence back in about 2006 and my $1,000 oz of silver prediction I made in about 2009.  Not changing my opinion. ..........

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/4/13_Haynes_-_Were_On_The_Verge_Of_Major_Gold_%26_Silver_Shortages.html

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 01:12:34 AM »
Silver trades at $24.58 as I am typing.

Fundamentals point out to higher silver price over the longer term. With this I am in full agreement. But you really have to open your eyes, acknowledge that PM's are in a down trend and position yourself accordingly. In manipulated/controlled market it may take a very long time until the fundamentals come into play. And until that happens, those who control the market can crash the little guys.

The gurus try to convince everybody that the time to buy is now (it is always now, they say so for 2 years), and spot price is nothing to be concerned about. This is very wrong IMO. Like in any short or long term investment the timing is very important and makes a big difference.  

We all know Eric Sprott. The guy can be very convincing and always has very 'solid' arguments as to why PM's are undervalued and should explode any minute. He tells everybody to buy, but in fact he is very busy selling for quite sometime.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/inside-the-market/eric-sprott-sells-big-chunk-of-silver-trust-units/article11157109/

http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?ticker=PHS

This is one example of one of many gurus that tells you one thing and does the other.
Be careful who you follow. Most of these gurus make a living from people like you and me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:33:28 AM by Gilmore »

Offline GDG's

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
Cyprus being forced to sell their Gold. GS calls for lower gold prices. Other debtor nations may be forced to sell their gold soon. So who buys the gold. Creditor (Asian) countries while debtor nations sell. Also very rich people and Central Bankers will continue to acquire gold. As I see it, carry no dent and buy pms on these pullbacks. Jim Rogers has been saying that he was selling no gold and would buy on pullback. When he says it is time to buy you will know he has bought already. Just my honest opinion.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »

Offline GDG's

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 10:09:50 AM »
It's a very exciting day. PM prices should have little effect on CMC prices IMO as it has already decoupled from pm prices. Gold 1250? maybe? When to start buying bullion again is the real question IMO.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
Buy bullion and junk silver now.  Who knows how long the take down will last.  Looks like junk silver will have a higher premium to bullion from here on out.  You are right as Chinese coins are decoupling from bullion.  However, the last time this happened Chinese lost some premium.  It should be interesting.......junk silver supply is very low......

http://www.silverseek.com/article/dip-silver-prices-means-higher-premiums-us-silver-coins-10881

Hope these photos post.  US coins are going up too so this dime set should see some good gains, I paid $45 for 15 junk silver dimes uncirculated.   Have seen this set offered for over $100, have no clue to value.  If you find any sets like this for cheap, grab them.   The other is a Pacific NW favorite.......Bhagwan Rhajneesh silver!   a true rarity and very interesting "history" in Oregon........

Offline Pandagongzi

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
Sportt is buying mining shares through private placement which currently is at bargain basement price.  It would easily make 10 bags in a year or two.  Media is just using him as an example to convince average joes to sell.  The spot does impact the price of MCC,  today 1/4oz 1994 LD panda pcgs was sold sub $800 on eBay,  it's a 1K coin few days ago.