Author Topic: Buying Panda Gold -- Higher prices....  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • See our coins at www.coinvault.com
    • Clark Smith
Buying Panda Gold -- Higher prices....
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
Buying Panda Gold -- Higher prices....

We need your pandas!

GOLD      1oz      1/2oz    1/4oz    1/10oz  1/20oz
1982     3,750    1,900     560       340    
1995     3,810    2,560    2,760+   600       200

2000 1/2oz Pay $1710
2002 1/10th Pay $2500+
1997 1/2oz Pay $1700

Thank you,
Clark Smith
www.coinvault.com
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:47:20 PM by Clark Smith »

Offline Straitssettlementshop

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Buying Panda Gold -- Higher prices....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:35 AM »
What grade or OMP ?

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:32:51 AM »
Currently looking for OMP.

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:33 AM »
Friends, this is a very very Bullish sign.  Recognize it.

Clark KNOWS the market.

As discussed earlier, which side of the trade do you want to be on?

I for one, am holding on tightly to my Pandas. Especially my OMP.

(Sorry Clark).  N66
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 04:15:39 AM »
By the way, Clark has super strong street cred.  He has been very helpful to many many of us collectors here. I just gave him an applause, he should have many many more from us as a society.
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
Currently there is very strong buying on OMP gold pandas.

It won't remain this strong forever, but even if the market softens I don't see prices falling much.

It's very unlike the unicorn market in 2011 which fell hard after the strong market faded. 

The silver panda market has good potential but isn't 'hot' yet...

- Clark Smith

Offline Honus

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Anvil Fine Wares
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »
Hi Clark, is the strength you're seeing also extended to highly-graded pandas, or are your customers favoring OMP over graded at this point?   
Eric Liquori
Anvil Fine Wares
www.anvilfinewares.com

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
    • Clark Smith
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 12:29:16 AM »
Mainly OMP coin demand from China.   Key-date highest grade coins are most in demand by westerners. 

This was what happened when British coins began to be certified.    Americans wanted the high grade coins much more than the British.   Now the highest grade UNC British coins bring much more than common UNC grade coins.

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
By the way, Clark has super strong street cred.  He has been very helpful to many many of us collectors here. I just gave him an applause, he should have many many more from us as a society.

And applause for you too to be the first who noticed the developing trend and brought it to our attention  N31

Mainly OMP coin demand from China.   Key-date highest grade coins are most in demand by westerners. 

This was what happened when British coins began to be certified.    Americans wanted the high grade coins much more than the British.   Now the highest grade UNC British coins bring much more than common UNC grade coins.

I have experienced difficulties in selling some of my high graded coins for a fair price here in Taiwan. The Taiwanese do not want to pay the high premium for a 69 or a 70. A fellow collector from China shared with me that he has the same experience in China. It seems though that it is changing very slowly as graded coins receive more attention recently and are a little more accepted than before. Still a long way to go. OMP is still in favor. OMP's that are candidates for high grade shine on the Zhao auctions.

I know that it may not make sense to some but the high prices for graded coins sold on the Zhao auctions are not a true representation of the Chinese market. OMP still in favor by most. By the way, some of the buyers on the Zhao are foreigners, not Chinese, and can be recognized by their username which is similar to their name in forums or eBay.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 07:42:36 AM »
Yep grading clearly isn't as popular amongst the Chinese. It is only a matter of time.  Let all these OMP coins get out into fancy capsules, albums and boxes and high grade protected coins will be more and more rare. 

I believe most of the gold pandas being bought right now during this current push are for gifts and bribes.  These aren't being bought by or for people that care much about the true quality of the coin.  They are not collectors.

Anyone else care to give an opinion on that?

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
I believe most of the gold pandas being bought right now during this current push are for gifts and bribes.  These aren't being bought by or for people that care much about the true quality of the coin.  They are not collectors.

That's a very good belief. I also believe it's one (of many) way to move (I won't use the L-word here) asset out of the country.

Offline BChung

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »
Yep grading clearly isn't as popular amongst the Chinese. It is only a matter of time.  Let all these OMP coins get out into fancy capsules, albums and boxes and high grade protected coins will be more and more rare. 

Dependsr. If those they are giving and bribing are not collectors there really is no point getting the highest grade or rarer pandas. As a matter of fact anything that is closest to spot will be the prime gift or bribe of choice.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
Bribe might be a strong word.  However you can tell the buyers actually don't care a lot about highest quality or rarest varieties.  They want all year sets.  That is why you don't see specific calls for a certain variety.  Even though as collectors on this forum know.  Certain mint varieties are substantially more rare than others of the same year.