Author Topic: You need NGC certification numbers of a coin type? I might be able to help you!  (Read 3526 times)

Offline dc55232

• Trade Count: (+1)
Dear MCC friends,

to do some analysis I am systematically trying to capture "all" NGC certified MCC coins ... so far I have about 230000 coins with about 200000 thereof with images.

If you need the certification numbers of specific coin types I might be able to speed up your search. I will answer requests for specific coin types with a list consisting of certification number, grade and the information if images are linked.

I will be able to answer requests like "1993 I&D silver stirrup", "1997 silver khan", ...

So feel free to send me a PM. Of course I will not disclose anything and answer via PM.

Regards
dc55232

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
This is very intriguing....
Curious to see if it works.
PM sent.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
Welcome fellow NGC data-miner.  I'm not good enough a programmer to do automated image processing to identify varieties out of a given coin type, but I think it is do-able and would be a valuable contribution to the forum.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
CCF members. This info is legit.
Very useful. Thank you.
+1

Offline BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
Amazing accomplishment, dc55232. Congratulations on your achievement and thank you for your unselfishness in offering to share this information.

Offline Utah3

• Trade Count: (+3)
Thanks,

I'll second the Amazing Accomplishment comment.

And thanks very much for your generosity

utah3

Offline dc55232

Dear all,

thank you for the positive feedback  N31

One additional piece of information: I cannot tell which information is newest ... While I use publicly available certification numbers from different sources as seed for my method, the rest is more or less "brute force".

The number of captured numbers currently grows by more than 10000 numbers a day. So if I know your requirements I will continue to scan my data and provide information as soon as I have captured it ...

Regards
dc55232

Offline dc55232

Dear all,

I am now close to 480000 graded coins from 1978 to 2013 ...

As a "byproduct" I also captured about 60000 other Chinese coins. So if you need any certification numbers please feel free to ask for them as well (with Yeoman or L&M numbers).

Regards
dc55232

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Just want to say thanks.  dc55232 has been very prompted and generous when I requested some NGC # on a few items that I was in the process of gaining knowledge on.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
dc55232,
There is an interesting discussion on 2013 Berlin world money fair. 
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7499.msg49150#msg49150
Apparently over 80% of population is graded.  I don't collect NGC data past 2008, so I can't help them.  Could you summarize your data concerning the 2013 Berlin world money fair?  I suspect it is mostly due to one or more dealer blind submissions (see http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3723.msg30804#msg30804).

Offline dc55232

Hi SANDAC,

done ... see post in your first link.

Regards
dc55232

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
+1 again, and thank you dc55232.
I am amazed.