Author Topic: Selling Boxes For 1984 Silver Goldfish Set $1 Start No Reserve Ebay Auction  (Read 2099 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Jay, did you sell your 90 silver goldfish set PF 69?  The box is a 1984 goldfish.  The 84 pagoda box has flowers.  Have seen a few 84 goldfish boxes but where are the 84 silver goldfish?  11 sets graded by NGC.  Will pass on your silver goldfish set and box to other collectors................

Offline BoyBlueJay

• Trade Count: (+5)
I still have a set of the 1990 goldfish in all PF69.  Do you know I have handled 27 sets of those over the past 2 years?  That's gotta be a record . . . especially for a little guy like me!  Solid silver 1984 goldfish are extremely rare.  I believe far more rare than the solid silver 1984 Pagodas.  Just look at the populations and sales records.   :001_smile:

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
I still have a set of the 1990 goldfish in all PF69.  Do you know I have handled 27 sets of those over the past 2 years?  That's gotta be a record . . . especially for a little guy like me!  Solid silver 1984 goldfish are extremely rare.  I believe far more rare than the solid silver 1984 Pagodas.  Just look at the populations and sales records.   :001_smile:
Clark Smith had a set of 1984 goldfish and a set of Pagoda for sale at the same time about a year ago.  He sold the goldfish at $2000 within 24 hours. 
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=5564.msg34371#msg34371

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
I purchased the 1984 silver goldfish set from Clark Smith as soon as I saw the listing.  It was a welcome addition to my small modern Chinese medal collection.  If one of the coin forum members has an additional set, I will be pleased to have the opportunity to purchase it.  Contact me.

Mark Bonke

Offline shibaji

• Trade Count: (+2)
Congrats bonke - that 1984 goldfish set was an awesome deal!

Offline Yandy1990

• Trade Count: (+5)
Bought 1984 set from Jay. Very happy.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
I have one 84 silver goldfish, better than none.  Does anyone have a single for sale/trade?............