Author Topic: PLEASE ADD TO BLACKLIST IF POSSIBLE ebay user jamie_smile selling fake silver  (Read 5063 times)

Offline jakewebb

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi I purchased about 11 silver bars from ebay user jamie_smile over the past 2 weeks. 2 bars arrived each weighs in at about 140 gramms described on the listing as silver. The bars are very good fakes they look and feel like real silver they ping like silver and are not attracted to magnets however an acid test reacted violently and proved there was copper and other metals contained in the bar. I have added a picture if you look carefully you can see the copper around the edge of the drilled hole were the test acid was applied. You can also see the spitting marks were the acid reacted violently with some unknown metal or alloy. I have been told this could be cadnium. Ebay are aware of this member selling fakes but they are still allowing him or her to sell the bars. This is quite somthing as punters are still buying it from the user. If anyone knows how to add jamie_smile to a blacklist please do it. jamie_smile is selling fake bars of silver from china and must be stopped before others lose out. This is the web address on ebay of the fake stuff he or she is selling. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/jamie_smile/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
Added.    I also filed a report to eBay.
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline jakewebb

• Trade Count: (0)
Thanks very much it will help others. Bill

Offline mcc168

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Fake pandas eBay seller astrogirl5251 claimed they bought the coin from Bank of China. What a joke!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/999-1-oz-COLLECTIBLE-SILVER-PANDAS-1984-/220635626008?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335ee87a18#ht_563wt_1137

Here is what they stated:

"We are selling our extra Silver Panda Collectible Coins. We purchased them from the “BANK OF CHINA" in SHANGHAI, during the 2008 Olympic Games. They are in the same plastic containers in which we bought them. "