Author Topic: Alert of a dangerous coin dealer Jim Orcholski from Wisconsin  (Read 35000 times)

Offline xuhong

• Trade Count: (+1)
Alert of a dangerous coin dealer Jim Orcholski from Wisconsin
« on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
I’m writing this to alert you all of a dangerous man Jim Orcholski.   
I’m Daisy who writes this real story.  I work for Mr xu hong for nearly 4 years.  I translate and write all business e-mails in English for Mr xu hong according to his willingness.  It is I that witnessed and participated in the whole process of the business deal between Mr Xu Hong and Mr Jim Orcholski from J&Tcoins (www.jtcoins.com). 

Mr Xu Hong does business with Jim since 2007, starting from ebay business, then offline business.   At the very beginning, they only do small business in thousands, and bit by bit, the business became bigger, but most businesses were limited in $50000 only.  Every time, Mr Xu Hong wires money first and then Jim ships out coins.  All went well until the dragon order.  He asked us to wire full payment in advance so he could pay to his supplier and got his order shipped to him.   The dragon order values $300,000, but finally we only received $100,000 of coins.   And about two years ago, Jim told me that it was hard for him to operate in business because his bank only offered him limited loan.  We were not aware in this because our business went as usual until the dragon order. 

On 2011-11- 26, we start talking about dragon coins order.  I told him which to buy to make money and which not to buy. 
On 2012 -1-3,  we confirmed the order below.
1,    150 x  1/10 oz and 1 oz colored sets with matching coas   $550    ==  82500
2,     50 x 1/10 oz and 1 oz sets  with matching coas     $480   = 24000
3,    100 x 5 oz colored       $820          received except 5 boxes
4.     2 x 2012 kilo silver dragon.  $4700    =  $9400
5.   95 sets of  1/3 oz gold fan and 1 oz silver fan sets at $850  ==  80750
6.   80 x proof + color dragon with coa only 275      received except 6 coas for non-color 1oz silver dragon
total: 300650
I made 4 wires to pay for this order 
$97600    on 2011-12-7                 2011-12-21 received via e-mail confirmation
$53000    on 2011-12-19               2011-12-21 received via e-mail confirmation
$50000    on 2011-12-30               2012-1-4  received via e-mail confirmation
$45750    on 2012-1-4                   2012-1-5 received via e-mail confirmation   
And I have $64306 credit to be used before we start the dragon order.   So after my 4 wires,  the credit I have left for future purchase is $10006 (= $97600 + $53000+ $50000+ $45750 + 64306 - $300650 )
Item #3 and #6 were received, so now he is owing to me $206656 ( =  10006 +  82500 + 24000 + 9400 + 80750)     

On Jan 3,2012,  Jim told me the company would not ship the order to him until he paid all the money.   he told me the gold coins have not arrived yet.    And after I urged him many times, he told me that he does not have my coins on 2012-2-20.   And he told me he was selling one of his houses and later he would have some money if his house sells.   
On 2012-6-20, he said "I'm going to send you money by the end of July.  I have items that I sold in an auction and am waiting to get paid.  I can send it to Robert Mish and he will apply to your account"     
Now recently, Jim seems that he is not planning to pay xu hong back because he is trying to put his fault or failure to Mr xu hong by saying that xu hong cancelled an order from him which he said he lost a lot of money.  Of course this is not true.  Regarding to the order of fan silver and gold dragon sets, Mr Xu Hong had told him not to buy at the very beginning, but Jim did not listen or even asked advices from Mr xu hong before he made the dragon order.  Then after negotiation, we agreed to buy 95 sets of fan silver and gold dragon which were not shipped at all to the end.  We only received #3 and #6 coins, other dragon coins were not shipped out to us at all. 

Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect, but until now, not even one dollar get paid back yet.  He eats his words so many times, so Mr xu hong decided to exposure him to all the US coin society and also coin sellers in China to avoid more people being harmed by him. 

Be aware !

Here is Jim Orcholski’s info:
J&T Coins LLC
169 East Wisconsin Ave Suite E
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
866-267-6024
262-560-0119 fax
+1-262-354-3020 local or international
www.jtcoins.com
ebay id : jim_teri
blog.jtcoins.com
jtcoins@charter.net

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Alert of a dangerous coin dealer Jim Orcholski from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »
Wow! There got to be some lessons we can learn from this.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »
>>>Every time, Mr Xu Hong wires money first and then Jim ships out coins.  <<<

I would think these coins would be easier to acquire in China not the U.S.

>>>He asked us to wire full payment in advance so he could pay to his supplier and got his order shipped to him.   <<<

Who is his supplier???????????

>>>I can send it to Robert Mish and he will apply to your account" <<<

What is relationship between Jim Orcholski and Robert Mish???????????     

>>>Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect,<<<

If anyone says he'll pay you back after he sells his house that should raise some red flags. What kind of businessman needs to sell his house? Now we know.

Xu Hong has been fair to me but I'm just a small collector not a dealer. I know him to be honest and stands by his word. I feel bad that he was burned so badly. It is sad when trust has been broken and worse when one has been financially damaged.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
Xuhong,
I am saddened that this has happened to you and do not know the best way to approach this situation.
If there is someone on the forum with legal experience who has the heart and the time then please consider helping Mr. Xuhong.

Here are some possible suggestions for now:

1. Numismatic Crime Information Center
Fill out a numismatic crime report form and contact them.
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=node/add/report
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=contact

2. Contact the FBI Liaison office in China:
See contact #2 on this page:
http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat/asia

3. Contact the American Numismatic Association (ANA)
Lodge a complaint against:  R-200302
http://www.money.org/communications/contact-the-ana.aspx

4. Contact the Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC)
Make a complaint against Authorized Dealer J&T coins.
http://www.ngccoin.com/contact-us.aspx
+1 941-360-3990

5. Lodge a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0694&bid=12000949

*Also of note, concerning #5 below there are 4 closed disputes and at least two had to deal with "delivery issues."

Happy Collecting!
Panda Halves

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:19:11 AM by Panda Halves »

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
I am sorry to hear about this. Panda Halves offered some good advice. Contact an attorney to assess the viability of a civil lawsuit. Also, if there is anybody who does business with Jim Orcholski’s , he/she should ask him about this situation

To be fair, we invite Mr. Jim Orcholski’s of J&T Coins and/or one of his associates to present his side of the story. 

Offline xuhong

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
>>>Every time, Mr Xu Hong wires money first and then Jim ships out coins.  <<<

I would think these coins would be easier to acquire in China not the U.S.

>>>He asked us to wire full payment in advance so he could pay to his supplier and got his order shipped to him.   <<<

Who is his supplier???????????

>>>I can send it to Robert Mish and he will apply to your account" <<<

What is relationship between Jim Orcholski and Robert Mish???????????  

>>>Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect,<<<

If anyone says he'll pay you back after he sells his house that should raise some red flags. What kind of businessman needs to sell his house? Now we know.  

Xu Hong has been fair to me but I'm just a small collector not a dealer. I know him to be honest and stands by his word. I feel bad that he was burned so badly. It is sad when trust has been broken and worse when one has been financially damaged.    

Reply to your concerns one by one:

--------------------Sometimes, there are price differences. 
 -----------------I don't know, Jim did not tell me, most time, this is business secrets.   We do not ask and the seller will always do not say.   Until now, Jim did not explain to me where the money goes!   And also I'm heard that he gave some bad checks to others in US.
---------- ----- We do good business with Robert Mish who has great influence in US numismatic area and I asked for Robert Mish's help when I have this case this Jim. 
 -----------Thank you for saying this.    I had kept down all our original e-mails between Jim and us which might be given to Lawyer as proof.   And all these original e-mails had been sent to US Numismatics Asociation.

If anybody here who might have good idea in dealing with such kind of business case, it would be appreciated that you send me an e-mail by xuhong88888888@126.com
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:08:40 AM by xuhong »

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
I am sorry to hear about this. Panda Halves offered some good advice. Contact an attorney to assess the viability of a civil lawsuit. Also, if there is anybody who does business with Jim Orcholski’s , he/she should ask him about this situation

To be fair, we invite Mr. Jim Orcholski’s of J&T Coins and/or one of his associates to present his side of the story. 

Agreed.  It's better to hear the other side of the story to make our judgement.
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline xuhong

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
Xuhong,
I am saddened that this has happened to you and do not know the best way to approach this situation.
If there is someone on the forum with legal experience who has the heart and the time then please consider helping Mr. Xuhong.

Here are some possible suggestions for now:

1. Numismatic Crime Information Center
Fill out a numismatic crime report form and contact them.
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=node/add/report
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=contact

2. Contact the FBI Liaison office in China:
See contact #2 on this page:
http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat/asia

3. Contact the American Numismatic Association (ANA)
Lodge a complaint against:  R-200302
http://www.money.org/communications/contact-the-ana.aspx

4. Contact the Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC)
Make a complaint against Authorized Dealer J&T coins.
http://www.ngccoin.com/contact-us.aspx
+1 941-360-3990

5. Lodge a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0694&bid=12000949

*Also of note, concerning #5 below there are 4 closed disputes and at least two had to deal with "delivery issues."

Happy Collecting!
Panda Halves

Thank you so much for all these info,   You gave me more access to get this case resolved.   I have contacted business friends in Wisconsin for legal help.   And also, I had sent the whole story and also our all original e-mails to ANA.    

Offline xuhong

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »

If Mr Jim Orcholski can be here, it would be great.   We would like to know where the money goes, why the dragon order ends like this.   $200,000 is not a small amount.   

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
If Mr Jim Orcholski can be here, it would be great.   We would like to know where the money goes, why the dragon order ends like this.   $200,000 is not a small amount.   
Hopefully we can get the other side on here and this was just some sort of issue that was simply "lost in translation?"
It would be great to hear both sides of the story and to have this issue fixed smoothly.
Either way it is important to know that there are resources out there to protect numismatic dealers and collectors.

Offline jtcoins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Re: Alert of a dangerous coin dealer XuHong from China
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon. Mr. Xu does not have a good reputation in China I have come to find out and now I know why.

After he placed the order for the 100 sets he canceled it because the market went down about 25%.  He knew I ordered everything for him and did not care that he was going to make me take the loss he should have took. It is not my fault the market went down.

For the year of the Rabbit Chinese Lunar I ordered for Xu. After the order was placed he wanted to reneogiate for a lower price saying the market went down. Mr. Xu likes to make a deal and then try to reneogiate for a lower price after the deal is made. He knew I was a small dealer ordering this material for him and he tried to take advantage of that. It is my fault for continuing to deal with him.

As far as I am concerned he owes me money. He has caused me great financial harm and I am struggling to stay in business.

If you choose to deal with him remember he likes to go back on his word and reneogiate after the original deal is made. The one thing I have learned is if he had a good reputation in China he would not need to order from the US. I would file a complaint but China is corrupt and in this case is it my tough luck. 

I would advise everybody not to do business with him.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:49 AM »
What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon.

Ouch.

Offline Straitssettlementshop

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon. Mr. Xu does not have a good reputation in China I have come to find out and now I know why.

After he placed the order for the 100 sets he canceled it because the market went down about 25%.  He knew I ordered everything for him and did not care that he was going to make me take the loss he should have took. It is not my fault the market went down.

For the year of the Rabbit Chinese Lunar I ordered for Xu. After the order was placed he wanted to reneogiate for a lower price saying the market went down. Mr. Xu likes to make a deal and then try to reneogiate for a lower price after the deal is made. He knew I was a small dealer ordering this material for him and he tried to take advantage of that. It is my fault for continuing to deal with him.

As far as I am concerned he owes me money. He has caused me great financial harm and I am struggling to stay in business.

If you choose to deal with him remember he likes to go back on his word and reneogiate after the original deal is made. The one thing I have learned is if he had a good reputation in China he would not need to order from the US. I would file a complaint but China is corrupt and in this case is it my tough luck.  

We do not know what have exactly transpired between yourself and Xu Hong but thank you for telling us your side of the story.

But thus far we have bought and have been buying many coins with Xu Hong for many years now and he is a very good and honest seller that kept to his words/promises. Xu Hong has very good credentials among the ebay international community and with your advise "not to do business with him" are very hard for us to even accept.

Thanks.

Offline panda88

• Trade Count: (+24)
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
Straitssettlements.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline GDG's

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »

>>>But thus far we have bought and have been buying many coins with Xu Hong for many years now and he is a very good and honest seller that kept to his words/promises. Xu Hong has very good credentials among the ebay international community and with your advise "not to do business with him" are very hard for us to even accept.<<<

Agreed Straits

Golden Unicorn in NY Chinatown tonight. Cantonese, excellent food.

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »

What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon. 

J&T:

(assuming what you said is true) Can you explain how your financial losses occur when someone cancels after placing an order? Even if you have to pre-pay (front) your own money to supplier(s) and buyer(s) cancel afterward, you still have the goods, no?  This is a large order we are talking about, so it's safe to assume you purchase on the cheap, no? If the buyer cancels, can't you sell the goods to at least recover the money? Am I missing something here?

(again, assuming what you said is true) If XuHong tries to renegotiate after placing an order, why didn't you say "NO! you can't" the very first time? And why did you keep doing business with him? (if renegotiation after placing an order causes financial losses)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:44:11 PM by dynamike51 »

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
jtcoins,

Welcome to Chinese Coin Forum!

I appreciate your effort to come and tell your side of story, it take time, effort, and courage.  I'm sure both sides have strong opinion of each other, but as long as there are good dialogs and communication, I felt the forum members will find comforts in both sides' effort to resolve their differences and respect you both for your efforts.

Offline PandaWill

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
I dealt with Jim at J&T Coins many times over the years with no problems - until this year.  I've been trying to reach him for many months, regarding an outstanding balance with Panda America from an invoice that I personally wrote back in May.  Our balance in very small in comparison - and ironically for Mexican coins, not Chinese coins.  Jim, if you read this, would really appreciate a call back.  Thanks,

Will
Panda America
800-472-6327 x230

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
Xu Hong did not fail to tell us that he has cancelled the 100sets of 1/3oz. gold dragon and 1oz. silver coin. If you read again what Xu Hong have said

"Now recently, Jim seems that he is not planning to pay xu hong back because he is trying to put his fault or failure to Mr xu hong by saying that xu hong cancelled an order from him which he said he lost a lot of money.  Of course this is not true. Regarding to the order of fan silver and gold dragon sets, Mr Xu Hong had told him not to buy at the very beginning, but Jim did not listen or even asked advices from Mr xu hong before he made the dragon order".

If what Xu Hong said was true what kind of a business person would tell you that  

"Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect"

Where has the money gone to that Xu Hong paid to you ? Did you buy Facebook at IPO price of $38.00 ?

And now with Will from PA came in with his latest allegation towards Jim of J&T Coins i think we are wise enough to make our own judgement.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:58:03 PM by Straitssettlementshop »

Offline PeterPanda

• Panda America
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
I have done millions of dollars worth of business with Xu Hong and will continue to do so.  His word is as good as gold to me.  I will gladly give him a million dollars credit anytime.

Mr JT my accounting dept tells me you still owe us $2885.40 since May of 2012.  When can we get paid?

Peter Yeung
President
Panda America

Buy the book before the coin

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 03:48:45 PM »
Xu Hong did not fail to tell us that he has cancelled the 100sets of 1/3oz. gold dragon and 1oz. silver coin. If you read again what Xu Hong have said

"Now recently, Jim seems that he is not planning to pay xu hong back because he is trying to put his fault or failure to Mr xu hong by saying that xu hong cancelled an order from him which he said he lost a lot of money.  Of course this is not true. Regarding to the order of fan silver and gold dragon sets, Mr Xu Hong had told him not to buy at the very beginning, but Jim did not listen or even asked advices from Mr xu hong before he made the dragon order".

Sounds like JT got a case of Dragon fever.

Offline PeterPanda

• Panda America
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 03:51:40 PM »
We have dragon coins for sale.......cheap......LOL
Buy the book before the coin

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
So long as they are not from down under you will probably recover. ;-)

Offline moosician

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
We do not know what have exactly transpired between yourself and Xu Hong but thank you for telling us your side of the story.

But thus far we have bought and have been buying many coins with Xu Hong for many years now and he is a very good and honest seller that kept to his words/promises. Xu Hong has very good credentials among the ebay international community and with your advise "not to do business with him" are very hard for us to even accept.

Thanks.

Agreed 100%, Xu Hong has been one of the most reliable and honest seller i have ever come across.

Offline dragonfan

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
Agreed 100%, Xu Hong has been one of the most reliable and honest seller i have ever come across.

I completly agree.
dragonfan

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »
I completly agree.
dragonfan

Add me to the growing list of "satisfied customers of Xu Hong". In other words, I vouch for Xu Hong's integrity - he's one of the most honest sellers I come across.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:33:52 PM by dynamike51 »

Offline exchange

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »
Xu Hong is by far one of the best dealers I ever dealt with.
One example.... Over a year ago I had bought a silver medal from Xu without its original COA. I had told him that I was interested in the medal only if it had its COA. Xu told me that I could buy the medal without it and if he ever found an original COA, he would send it to me. Well, Xu kept his word, and over a year later, one evening going through my mail was the the original COA.

I do not know how many coin dealers would keep their word in such an instance for a couple of hundred dollar transaction whose shipping was also fully paid when the COA was sent.

Thank you Xu.

Sincerely
exchange  

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:57:57 PM by exchange »

Offline mcc168

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »
I believe Xu Hong 100% because I had suffered a similar experience with J&T coins two years ago. I had to call Jim and write to Jim so many times to get my money back. Jim is taking advantage of Xu Hong lives outside the USA and think Xu Hong could not do anything about him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:28:50 PM by mcc168 »

Offline wg

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 01:50:09 AM »
>>> Xu Hong is by far one of the best dealers I ever dealt with.<<<

;)  one of the best ...

wg

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 02:25:45 AM »
The most trust worthy guy Xu Hong  N31

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
Xu is Da Man!  N31
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline Gadermayr

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 06:06:49 AM »
My first post in this forum. Hello to all!

I started collecting Chin Coins in 1997. In this time I do many times changes / business with Xu Hong. All time it was very correct. I belive him, and I have no problem to pay or send Coins in advanve.

Greetings from Austria / Europe

Gadermayr

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 07:58:48 AM »
If you want me to recommand a ebay cmc dealer located in China, Xu hong is my top pick ON EBAY.    ;)

If you want me to name some reputable cmc suppliers/wholesalers in the u.s.,  Jim is at the top of the list.  I have been doing business with him for over 10 years, never had any problems.    N31

Gadermayr, welcome to CCF!    N16

Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline jerrypanda

• New
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 11:26:27 AM »
very fan

Offline aragog

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »
I have never did business with any side of this conflict due to extremely high price of coins of both J&T and Xu Hong. And most of the people backing Xu Hong were buying coins from him, not selling. That is two different things, selling coins to Easteners is not that smooth as one would think. So I still believe both sides made their part in the starting of the conflict.
I can believe that canceling order in the bearish trend might ruin someone`s business, but still to solve the problem, the finances should be returned to Xu Hong, or in worst case, at least ordered coins for the old, not negotiated price.
In first case Xu Hog will profit, in second - J&T . To make both sides partially satisfied something in the middle might be negotiated.

Offline bqcoin

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
Mark

Offline dobedo

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »
If you want me to recommand a ebay cmc dealer located in China, Xu hong is my top pick ON EBAY.    ;)

If you want me to name some reputable cmc suppliers/wholesalers in the u.s.,  Jim is at the top of the list.  I have been doing business with him for over 10 years, never had any problems.    N31
Interesting. I've done business with both snowball and Xu Hong, and found them both excellent sellers. So if I were to trust snowball that Jim is also very reputable, then I'm lost in this translation. Maybe that's why lawyers are richer than most of us?

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »
I think the majority of business people are honest...until they aren't.  That isn't to say everyone is eventually dishonest.  What I mean is you could have many fair and honest dealings with a person until something changes for them and they are unable to fulfill their end of a deal...

With the limited facts in this case it seems quite clear that Jim was a fair and honest dealer until he hit hard times.  Even Xu hong has said they had many dealings with no problems.  Obviously that is why he was willing to give so much $$ up front.

Jim obviously hit hard times.  He can say it was because of an order from Xu hong that he canceled.  I am sure it is much more complicated then that.  In the end I'm sure Xu hong would take the dragon coins and the 200,000 less the amount for the dragon coins and be happy to never deal with Jim again.

But this didn't happen so obviously Jim's problem isn't just those coins.  Especially if he is claiming to need to sell a house, etc.

I can tell you this.  I wouldn't be giving Jim any of my money right now without either a 3rd party escrow or delivery of the coins in advance.

Offline mcc168

• Supporter
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
If you want me to name some reputable cmc suppliers/wholesalers in the u.s.,  Jim is at the top of the list.  I have been doing business with him for over 10 years, never had any problems.    N31

Gadermayr, welcome to CCF!    N16

If Jim is reputable dealer, why is he keep Xu Hong's $200K without deliver the coins? A cancellation of 100 set coins will not justify such action. Xu Hong has been patiently waiting for nearly a year and worked many channels for return of his money and it is not a small amount. Selling coins and take other's money without delivery is a fraud and should not be tolerated in any case.
If Xu Hong pre-paid Jim before he ordered these coins from his supplier, how is that going to make his business difficult? Most dealers making money use their own money, Jim used Xu Hong's pre-paid money secured the order from his supplier, I would think he was a supper lucky guy in the world.
Jim, you betrayed Xu Hong's trust. Please tell him the truth that you have money problem and make arrangement to pay him back.
  N17
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:21:05 PM by mcc168 »

Offline dragonfan

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 05:10:01 AM »
I hope the best solution possible for both parties
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:30:25 AM by dragonfan »

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:39 AM »
Jim should rightfully return back the balance of USD200k or 100 sets of 1/3oz. Dragon fan gold (at the price earlier agreed) back to Xu Hong.

But then Xu Hong is located in China what the heck Jim want to return the money since there are no cross border law could touch Jim in the USA and there are no proof that Jim has short shipped to Xu Hong of 100sets.

Jim is wise and has pocketed a cool USD200,000.00  N32

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
I have done millions of dollars worth of business with Xu Hong and will continue to do so.  His word is as good as gold to me.  I will gladly give him a million dollars credit anytime.

Mr JT my accounting dept tells me you still owe us $2885.40 since May of 2012.  When can we get paid?

Peter Yeung
President
Panda America

Peter Panda,

Dont worry about the outstanding of USD2885.40, i'm very sure that Jim will settle the out standing with you very soon out of Xu Hong USD200,000.00.  :laugh:

Offline gerald

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
Dear Daisy/Mr. Xu - I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I suggest you contact Dan Harris at Harris & Moure - http://www.harrismoure.com/our-people/Dan-Harris

These folks specialize in international disputes and are experts on China. I'm sure they would be very interested in your case. Good luck!

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »
Hello Xu Hong,

Sorry to see this happen to you and hopefully this case will be resolved with you getting your money back. 

Although I do not know precisely what occurred, I do find it difficult to believe you would fabricate this story and post it here just for entertainment so I would tend to believe that there is a lot of truth in what you posted.

Regardless of how good this person Jim used to be he has obviously fallen on hard times and getting desperate and will do whatever he can to save his skin and that includes ripping off his former good business partners … It’s very unfortunate.

I’m not sure if it will be of benefit to you but you may consider contacting the Wisconsin Attorney General in this matter. If you have all of the email correspondence between you and Jim, that may be great evidence to begin with at the Wisconsin Attorney General. It may be worth a try.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/ag/

Good luck to you and I really hope you recover your money/coins

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »
Hello Xu Hong,

Sorry to see this happen to you and hopefully this case will be resolved with you getting your money back. 

Although I do not know precisely what occurred, I do find it difficult to believe you would fabricate this story and post it here just for entertainment so I would tend to believe that there is a lot of truth in what you posted.

Regardless of how good this person Jim used to be he has obviously fallen on hard times and getting desperate and will do whatever he can to save his skin and that includes ripping off his former good business partners … It’s very unfortunate.

I’m not sure if it will be of benefit to you but you may consider contacting the Wisconsin Attorney General in this matter. If you have all of the email correspondence between you and Jim, that may be great evidence to begin with at the Wisconsin Attorney General. It may be worth a try.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/ag/

Good luck to you and I really hope you recover your money/coins

Hey Comeaux,

Good to see your post here again, after a long absence ......

Don't spend ALL your time on silverstackers and Pandaxe    N33 ..... ....   we want you here    N25

Offline Jay

• Rare Panda Coins Inc
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 04:12:45 AM »
Over the past several years, I have sold many coins to Xuhong under similar arrangements.  I have never had a problem with his negotiation, purchases, or payment. In my experience he has proven to be a reliable and trustworthy business person.

Jay
Rare Panda Coins Inc

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 04:33:59 AM »
Jim Orcholski better pray Mr. xu hong didn't do any business with God because that's about the only witness left.

Offline Dr650rob

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
Did you see that Peter put a little write up on this in the new china pricepedia on pg 7

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »
Did you see that Peter put a little write up on this in the new china pricepedia on pg 7

There would have been more if I wasn't up against a publication deadline. When $200,000 goes missing that's worth some space in the China Pricepedia. I don't know the other party personally, or what his situation is, but I do know Xu Hong, and think a great deal of him. I can only hope that Xu Hong gets his money, or his coins out of all this. While not everybody may see it, this industry operates on trust, depends on trust, and needs trust to survive. This loss diminishes the trust of everyone connected to the coin market, and damages a person who has been an important part of its development.  A very disturbing situation.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
http://www.pandacollector.com

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2012, 12:19:51 AM »
There would have been more if I wasn't up against a publication deadline. When $200,000 goes missing that's worth some space in the China Pricepedia. I don't know the other party personally, or what his situation is, but I do know Xu Hong, and think a great deal of him. I can only hope that Xu Hong gets his money, or his coins out of all this. While not everybody may see it, this industry operates on trust, depends on trust, and needs trust to survive. This loss diminishes the trust of everyone connected to the coin market, and damages a person who has been an important part of its development.  A very disturbing situation.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
http://www.pandacollector.com

Totally agree.

Offline mcc168

• Supporter
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »
After he placed the order for the 100 sets he canceled it because the market went down about 25%.  He knew I ordered everything for him and did not care that he was going to make me take the loss he should have took. It is not my fault the market went down.

Renegotiate price is nothing wrong and is common when seller can't provide coins on time. Lunar year coins are very time sensitive to the market. They are mostly bought by people or organization who giving to others as gift before the Chinese New Year. Price different before and after the Chinese new year can be huge.

You have Xu Hong's money in your pocket at the time of renegotiate, so you can just say NO. I can't figure out how is that caused you great financial harm. LOL...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:39:04 AM by mcc168 »

Offline 777Driver

• New
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »
This is my first post on this forum.  I must say, it is quite interesting.

I am sad to hear about the business deal gone bad involving Xu Hong.  Although I do not know the details, I can personally vouch for Xu Hong's honesty and integrity.  I got into buying panda coins about six years ago.  I was aware there were many fakes out there and was very leery about purchasing coins in China.  I was very lucky, however, to deal with Xu Hong.  I was able to buy some very nice coins from him.  I never had a problem.  I believe he is honest and fair and would not hesitate for a second to purchase coins from him.  His assistant, Daisy, is a wonderful young lady who is fluent in English and proved invaluable in acting as go-between between myself (I don't speak Chinese) and Xu Hong.  The bottom line is I feel Xu Hong runs an honest business.

PandaCollector is absolutely correct in that this business operates on trust.

I hope both parties settle this matter to both of their satisfaction.

Offline Glengary

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 04:35:27 AM »
??? Very puzzling to say the least.  Here's what I know.... I've done business with Jim in the past with no problems. Also, I know unequivocally that his access to MCC's is limited at best.

So, why would a WORLD renowned dealer- Xu Hong, buy large quantities of a product that he himself can get directly and pay MORE(based on the provided info) for it......? From a relatively unknown, small time coin dealer with limited resources....????  That would be like me buying 2012 Silver Am. Eagles from a Vest-Pocket Dealer in Bulgaria for more than I can get them for here.... Go figure...?

I'm in no way discounting/disputing Xu Hong's claims, but this makes zero sense to me.

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 07:13:24 AM »
It is always cheaper for a US dealer to buy new issues from a US distributor than mainland dealer to buy from a mainland distributor.  It is obvious if you think about it, the distributor sets the price that he will charge for a given coin or set, in the mainland, the mainland distributor has many mainland dealers wanting to buy the coins, while in the US, the US distributor has fewer US dealers wanting to buy the coins, so which distributor will charge more?  Also, the price that US collectors will pay for new issues is less than what mainland collectors will pay for new issues, so that puts additional pressure on the US distributors to not markup their stock as much as the mainland distributor. The spread between mainland and US distributor is sometimes so significant that even the round trip postage cost is insignificant.  The lunar dragon coins were such an example, where demand in mainland was orders of magnitude higher than in the US, in fact I couldn't sell a single set in the US to a retail customer at same price that a mainland dealer would pay. 

Arif

Offline ghostrider80811

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »
Hope everything works out for Xu Hong.  Xu Hong=honest/astute MCC dealer. 

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »
It is always cheaper for a US dealer to buy new issues from a US distributor than mainland dealer to buy from a mainland distributor.  It is obvious if you think about it, the distributor sets the price that he will charge for a given coin or set, in the mainland, the mainland distributor has many mainland dealers wanting to buy the coins, while in the US, the US distributor has fewer US dealers wanting to buy the coins, so which distributor will charge more?  Also, the price that US collectors will pay for new issues is less than what mainland collectors will pay for new issues, so that puts additional pressure on the US distributors to not markup their stock as much as the mainland distributor. The spread between mainland and US distributor is sometimes so significant that even the round trip postage cost is insignificant.  The lunar dragon coins were such an example, where demand in mainland was orders of magnitude higher than in the US, in fact I couldn't sell a single set in the US to a retail customer at same price that a mainland dealer would pay.  

Arif

This is true for most newly issued coins. In fact, the foreign distributors receive newly issued lunar coins and panda seires before China domestic distributors.

Offline Jay

• Rare Panda Coins Inc
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »
Older issue Chinese modern coins (2000 and earlier) were almost entirely sold outside of China.  Few in China had access at that time.  As a result, nearly all of the older coins are in US and Europe.  Chinese dealers must buy them from overseas to supply domestic demand.

Also, once distributors have sold out of moire recent coins, the only source is individuals and smaller dealers world-wide.  There is sometimes a price differential between US and China that makes buying from US desirable.  Many coins are quite scarce, and it may be necessary to buy where ever possible.

Jay

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 02:01:06 AM »
>>> Xu Hong is by far one of the best dealers I ever dealt with.<<<

;)  one of the best ...

wg

LOLOL yup thats How i Remember him...   Always punching the calculator!
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  
195 south BEVERLY Dr. BEVERLY HILLS

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

DECEMBER: Macau/H.K.

JANUARY: N.Y.

AUGUST: Hong Kong

GO TO my Ebay Click: http://stores.ebay.com/worldcollectibles310

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

PCGS,NGC & PMG Auth. Dealer
美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM
WECHAT: LAMBORGHINICA

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 12:51:06 PM »
J&T coins is also no longer a "Dealer member" of CCE due to his lack of meeting his financial obligations.

I am assuming here, BUT, I think Xu hong would not have a problem joining taobao or jibi as a dealer IF he already isnt one right now!
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM

Offline thelondoncoincompany

• New
    • The London Coin Company Ltd
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
We would also like to add our response for a few of the comments made.
So you know who we are, we are a coin dealer in London called The London Coin Company Ltd and are a Royal Mint distributor and PCGS Authorised Dealer and members of the ANA and BNTA.
We buy and sell a lot of China Panda and Lunar coins and have bought from Xu Hong amongst others for quite a few years and have had very little issues and the very occasional issue Xu Hong always dealt with it and to this day we are still doing business with him.
We can tell you that even us being a Royal Mint distributor sometimes we get coins from Europe or even the US rather than the UK as depending on the product and quantity your ordering we are sometimes forced to get from other distributors abroad as it either works out cheaper or we do not have to buy 1,000's of a product to get it at the same price.
We hope this matter gets resolved as from what we can make out even with the market dropping 25% New Gold and Silver collector coins do not get affected in the same way as for example a basic Bullion Panda does so sounds like we do not know the whole story or someone is in some financial trouble.

Ingram
The London Coin Company 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
This is what I'm aware of, "...police from Mequon and Oconomowoc executed a search warrant at his Knoll Terrance residence in Oconomowoc as well as at JT Coins." (Lake Country Reporter, Oct. 29, 2012)

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/lakecountryreporter/policeandcourts/cooney-man-faces-child-porn-charges-vi7c4bc-176268731.html

J & T Coins LLC
169 East Wisconsin Avenue, Oconomowoc, WI 53066

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
This is what I'm aware of, "...police from Mequon and Oconomowoc executed a search warrant at his Knoll Terrance residence in Oconomowoc as well as at JT Coins." (Lake Country Reporter, Oct. 29, 2012)

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/lakecountryreporter/policeandcourts/cooney-man-faces-child-porn-charges-vi7c4bc-176268731.html

J & T Coins LLC

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Geez, this is MUCH WORSE than having financial problems.    N32 :thumbdown:

Offline NBM

• Supporter

Offline mcc168

• Supporter
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »
 N18 N18 :001_wub: :001_wub: N26 N26

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2013, 05:38:22 PM »

J & T Coins LLC

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

WT*??????
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM

Offline gerald

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
Dang, this is bad news... for both parties involved

Offline pandaccumulator

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »
I wonder what would happy to Xu Hong, if this guy goes to jail. He would declare bankruptcy, then any creditor can not go after him, am I right?  N17

Offline mcc168

• Supporter
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »
I wonder what would happy to Xu Hong, if this guy goes to jail. He would declare bankruptcy, then any creditor can not go after him, am I right?  N17
You are correct only if he has money left. Which I don't think so.

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »
This is another reason why the use of the new generation of lie detectors such as the Voice Stress Analysis is so important.  The FBI and now all police depts have it and guilty folks will head straight to Federal Prison.  It is that accurate.  Reports of our Dept of Justice on a National level had top officials on child porn sites w/ no accountability.   Here in the Pacific NW our former Govenor Neil Goldschmidt admitted to child rape but he got away w/ it as a tavern owner, Mayor of Portland and then Govenor.  He was protected by our police and legislature.  Our City and County police have litterally raped our communities w/ no investigation until I wrote letters to the top and pressed the issue hard.  The Enterprise OR State Police did investigate and my information of police, their sons, etc are all rapists is truthful and accurate.  Still no accountability.  Another Clark Co WA girls volleyball coach was allowed to date and have hot tub parties for high schoolers.  Successful coaches are not investigated.  The list is long.  So I keep contacting top media w/ letters and emails.  Nightline, 60 min, CBS news etc. all know what goes on and they know how to contact me.  Any individual can now expose the crooks.  We have the tools to stop it but not the will as our government and police are corrupt.  This will also help us stop post office theft of our valuable coins.  Who can lie?.......... 

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
Sorry for my rants.  I have been contacted by law enforcement.  Maybe this is the investigation that has taken me 6 yrs to get to.  I will have no more comments..........

Offline Silverfever

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
Wow. I didn't know that Law Enforcement read the Chinese Coin Forum

Offline Julie

• New

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
Good!

Never really cared for the guy!

anyone explain this in english?

"Charge(s) in this case were read in to this or other case(s). A "read in" charge is a charge that is dismissed as part of a plea agreement, however:

The defendant agrees to have the court consider the charge(s) when sentencing for another crime, under Wis. Stats. 973.20(1g)(b); and
    The defendant cannot be prosecuted for these charge(s) in the future."

EMERGING MARKET GROUP  

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »
If Orcholski is guilty he will go to prison.  No question.  If he is innocent then it is just another police scam.  Innocent people go to prison too.  Police falsely accuse many innocent people because they are corrupt and play many games.   I have turned in criminal City and County police for many crimes.  Who investigate law enforcement?  No one.  Here is a few legal entities that I have contacted many times....White House, Dept of Justice DOJ (national and state), Federal Marshals, FBI, State Troopers and State Troopers Major Crime Section etc., Clark County Major Crime Division.   Basically all law enforcement crimes from rape to police kills are legal.  There is no accountability so how do we believe police when people are accused?   The truth comes out in Federal Court or by Federal law enforcement such as DOJ, Federal Marshals, FBI and State Troopers.  If you can get them to do something.   National organization Innocence Project says that about 1/2 of the people we kill on death row are innocent........

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »
Off topic!!

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »
OK, no more of that.......

Offline heartsme

• stay foolish, stay hungry.
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »
Such big money of gold buying into China itself it is not protected by China's Law...I do believe this is forbidden by China Law. It is a grey zone so there is not too much effort that any one can help with Mr. Xu Hong.