Author Topic: Alert of a dangerous coin dealer Jim Orcholski from Wisconsin  (Read 37335 times)

Offline xuhong

• Trade Count: (+1)
Alert of a dangerous coin dealer Jim Orcholski from Wisconsin
« on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
I’m writing this to alert you all of a dangerous man Jim Orcholski.   
I’m Daisy who writes this real story.  I work for Mr xu hong for nearly 4 years.  I translate and write all business e-mails in English for Mr xu hong according to his willingness.  It is I that witnessed and participated in the whole process of the business deal between Mr Xu Hong and Mr Jim Orcholski from J&Tcoins (www.jtcoins.com). 

Mr Xu Hong does business with Jim since 2007, starting from ebay business, then offline business.   At the very beginning, they only do small business in thousands, and bit by bit, the business became bigger, but most businesses were limited in $50000 only.  Every time, Mr Xu Hong wires money first and then Jim ships out coins.  All went well until the dragon order.  He asked us to wire full payment in advance so he could pay to his supplier and got his order shipped to him.   The dragon order values $300,000, but finally we only received $100,000 of coins.   And about two years ago, Jim told me that it was hard for him to operate in business because his bank only offered him limited loan.  We were not aware in this because our business went as usual until the dragon order. 

On 2011-11- 26, we start talking about dragon coins order.  I told him which to buy to make money and which not to buy. 
On 2012 -1-3,  we confirmed the order below.
1,    150 x  1/10 oz and 1 oz colored sets with matching coas   $550    ==  82500
2,     50 x 1/10 oz and 1 oz sets  with matching coas     $480   = 24000
3,    100 x 5 oz colored       $820          received except 5 boxes
4.     2 x 2012 kilo silver dragon.  $4700    =  $9400
5.   95 sets of  1/3 oz gold fan and 1 oz silver fan sets at $850  ==  80750
6.   80 x proof + color dragon with coa only 275      received except 6 coas for non-color 1oz silver dragon
total: 300650
I made 4 wires to pay for this order 
$97600    on 2011-12-7                 2011-12-21 received via e-mail confirmation
$53000    on 2011-12-19               2011-12-21 received via e-mail confirmation
$50000    on 2011-12-30               2012-1-4  received via e-mail confirmation
$45750    on 2012-1-4                   2012-1-5 received via e-mail confirmation   
And I have $64306 credit to be used before we start the dragon order.   So after my 4 wires,  the credit I have left for future purchase is $10006 (= $97600 + $53000+ $50000+ $45750 + 64306 - $300650 )
Item #3 and #6 were received, so now he is owing to me $206656 ( =  10006 +  82500 + 24000 + 9400 + 80750)     

On Jan 3,2012,  Jim told me the company would not ship the order to him until he paid all the money.   he told me the gold coins have not arrived yet.    And after I urged him many times, he told me that he does not have my coins on 2012-2-20.   And he told me he was selling one of his houses and later he would have some money if his house sells.   
On 2012-6-20, he said "I'm going to send you money by the end of July.  I have items that I sold in an auction and am waiting to get paid.  I can send it to Robert Mish and he will apply to your account"     
Now recently, Jim seems that he is not planning to pay xu hong back because he is trying to put his fault or failure to Mr xu hong by saying that xu hong cancelled an order from him which he said he lost a lot of money.  Of course this is not true.  Regarding to the order of fan silver and gold dragon sets, Mr Xu Hong had told him not to buy at the very beginning, but Jim did not listen or even asked advices from Mr xu hong before he made the dragon order.  Then after negotiation, we agreed to buy 95 sets of fan silver and gold dragon which were not shipped at all to the end.  We only received #3 and #6 coins, other dragon coins were not shipped out to us at all. 

Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect, but until now, not even one dollar get paid back yet.  He eats his words so many times, so Mr xu hong decided to exposure him to all the US coin society and also coin sellers in China to avoid more people being harmed by him. 

Be aware !

Here is Jim Orcholski’s info:
J&T Coins LLC
169 East Wisconsin Ave Suite E
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
866-267-6024
262-560-0119 fax
+1-262-354-3020 local or international
www.jtcoins.com
ebay id : jim_teri
blog.jtcoins.com
jtcoins@charter.net

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Alert of a dangerous coin dealer Jim Orcholski from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »
Wow! There got to be some lessons we can learn from this.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »
>>>Every time, Mr Xu Hong wires money first and then Jim ships out coins.  <<<

I would think these coins would be easier to acquire in China not the U.S.

>>>He asked us to wire full payment in advance so he could pay to his supplier and got his order shipped to him.   <<<

Who is his supplier???????????

>>>I can send it to Robert Mish and he will apply to your account" <<<

What is relationship between Jim Orcholski and Robert Mish???????????     

>>>Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect,<<<

If anyone says he'll pay you back after he sells his house that should raise some red flags. What kind of businessman needs to sell his house? Now we know.

Xu Hong has been fair to me but I'm just a small collector not a dealer. I know him to be honest and stands by his word. I feel bad that he was burned so badly. It is sad when trust has been broken and worse when one has been financially damaged.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
Xuhong,
I am saddened that this has happened to you and do not know the best way to approach this situation.
If there is someone on the forum with legal experience who has the heart and the time then please consider helping Mr. Xuhong.

Here are some possible suggestions for now:

1. Numismatic Crime Information Center
Fill out a numismatic crime report form and contact them.
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=node/add/report
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=contact

2. Contact the FBI Liaison office in China:
See contact #2 on this page:
http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat/asia

3. Contact the American Numismatic Association (ANA)
Lodge a complaint against:  R-200302
http://www.money.org/communications/contact-the-ana.aspx

4. Contact the Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC)
Make a complaint against Authorized Dealer J&T coins.
http://www.ngccoin.com/contact-us.aspx
+1 941-360-3990

5. Lodge a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0694&bid=12000949

*Also of note, concerning #5 below there are 4 closed disputes and at least two had to deal with "delivery issues."

Happy Collecting!
Panda Halves

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:19:11 AM by Panda Halves »

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
I am sorry to hear about this. Panda Halves offered some good advice. Contact an attorney to assess the viability of a civil lawsuit. Also, if there is anybody who does business with Jim Orcholski’s , he/she should ask him about this situation

To be fair, we invite Mr. Jim Orcholski’s of J&T Coins and/or one of his associates to present his side of the story. 

Offline xuhong

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
>>>Every time, Mr Xu Hong wires money first and then Jim ships out coins.  <<<

I would think these coins would be easier to acquire in China not the U.S.

>>>He asked us to wire full payment in advance so he could pay to his supplier and got his order shipped to him.   <<<

Who is his supplier???????????

>>>I can send it to Robert Mish and he will apply to your account" <<<

What is relationship between Jim Orcholski and Robert Mish???????????  

>>>Jim was saying that he would pay the credit back after he sold any stock or house or getting paid from auction ect,<<<

If anyone says he'll pay you back after he sells his house that should raise some red flags. What kind of businessman needs to sell his house? Now we know.  

Xu Hong has been fair to me but I'm just a small collector not a dealer. I know him to be honest and stands by his word. I feel bad that he was burned so badly. It is sad when trust has been broken and worse when one has been financially damaged.    

Reply to your concerns one by one:

--------------------Sometimes, there are price differences. 
 -----------------I don't know, Jim did not tell me, most time, this is business secrets.   We do not ask and the seller will always do not say.   Until now, Jim did not explain to me where the money goes!   And also I'm heard that he gave some bad checks to others in US.
---------- ----- We do good business with Robert Mish who has great influence in US numismatic area and I asked for Robert Mish's help when I have this case this Jim. 
 -----------Thank you for saying this.    I had kept down all our original e-mails between Jim and us which might be given to Lawyer as proof.   And all these original e-mails had been sent to US Numismatics Asociation.

If anybody here who might have good idea in dealing with such kind of business case, it would be appreciated that you send me an e-mail by xuhong88888888@126.com
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:08:40 AM by xuhong »

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
I am sorry to hear about this. Panda Halves offered some good advice. Contact an attorney to assess the viability of a civil lawsuit. Also, if there is anybody who does business with Jim Orcholski’s , he/she should ask him about this situation

To be fair, we invite Mr. Jim Orcholski’s of J&T Coins and/or one of his associates to present his side of the story. 

Agreed.  It's better to hear the other side of the story to make our judgement.
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline xuhong

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
Xuhong,
I am saddened that this has happened to you and do not know the best way to approach this situation.
If there is someone on the forum with legal experience who has the heart and the time then please consider helping Mr. Xuhong.

Here are some possible suggestions for now:

1. Numismatic Crime Information Center
Fill out a numismatic crime report form and contact them.
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=node/add/report
http://www.numismaticcrimes.org/?q=contact

2. Contact the FBI Liaison office in China:
See contact #2 on this page:
http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat/asia

3. Contact the American Numismatic Association (ANA)
Lodge a complaint against:  R-200302
http://www.money.org/communications/contact-the-ana.aspx

4. Contact the Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC)
Make a complaint against Authorized Dealer J&T coins.
http://www.ngccoin.com/contact-us.aspx
+1 941-360-3990

5. Lodge a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0694&bid=12000949

*Also of note, concerning #5 below there are 4 closed disputes and at least two had to deal with "delivery issues."

Happy Collecting!
Panda Halves

Thank you so much for all these info,   You gave me more access to get this case resolved.   I have contacted business friends in Wisconsin for legal help.   And also, I had sent the whole story and also our all original e-mails to ANA.    

Offline xuhong

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »

If Mr Jim Orcholski can be here, it would be great.   We would like to know where the money goes, why the dragon order ends like this.   $200,000 is not a small amount.   

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
If Mr Jim Orcholski can be here, it would be great.   We would like to know where the money goes, why the dragon order ends like this.   $200,000 is not a small amount.   
Hopefully we can get the other side on here and this was just some sort of issue that was simply "lost in translation?"
It would be great to hear both sides of the story and to have this issue fixed smoothly.
Either way it is important to know that there are resources out there to protect numismatic dealers and collectors.

Offline jtcoins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Re: Alert of a dangerous coin dealer XuHong from China
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon. Mr. Xu does not have a good reputation in China I have come to find out and now I know why.

After he placed the order for the 100 sets he canceled it because the market went down about 25%.  He knew I ordered everything for him and did not care that he was going to make me take the loss he should have took. It is not my fault the market went down.

For the year of the Rabbit Chinese Lunar I ordered for Xu. After the order was placed he wanted to reneogiate for a lower price saying the market went down. Mr. Xu likes to make a deal and then try to reneogiate for a lower price after the deal is made. He knew I was a small dealer ordering this material for him and he tried to take advantage of that. It is my fault for continuing to deal with him.

As far as I am concerned he owes me money. He has caused me great financial harm and I am struggling to stay in business.

If you choose to deal with him remember he likes to go back on his word and reneogiate after the original deal is made. The one thing I have learned is if he had a good reputation in China he would not need to order from the US. I would file a complaint but China is corrupt and in this case is it my tough luck. 

I would advise everybody not to do business with him.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:49 AM »
What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon.

Ouch.

Offline Straitssettlementshop

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
What Xu failed to tell everybody is that he canceled an order with me for 100 sets of the 1/3 oz gold dragon and 1 oz silver fan dragon. Mr. Xu does not have a good reputation in China I have come to find out and now I know why.

After he placed the order for the 100 sets he canceled it because the market went down about 25%.  He knew I ordered everything for him and did not care that he was going to make me take the loss he should have took. It is not my fault the market went down.

For the year of the Rabbit Chinese Lunar I ordered for Xu. After the order was placed he wanted to reneogiate for a lower price saying the market went down. Mr. Xu likes to make a deal and then try to reneogiate for a lower price after the deal is made. He knew I was a small dealer ordering this material for him and he tried to take advantage of that. It is my fault for continuing to deal with him.

As far as I am concerned he owes me money. He has caused me great financial harm and I am struggling to stay in business.

If you choose to deal with him remember he likes to go back on his word and reneogiate after the original deal is made. The one thing I have learned is if he had a good reputation in China he would not need to order from the US. I would file a complaint but China is corrupt and in this case is it my tough luck.  

I would advise everybody not to do business with him.

We do not know what have exactly transpired between yourself and Xu Hong but thank you for telling us your side of the story.

But thus far we have bought and have been buying many coins with Xu Hong for many years now and he is a very good and honest seller that kept to his words/promises. Xu Hong has very good credentials among the ebay international community and with your advise "not to do business with him" are very hard for us to even accept.

Thanks.

Offline panda88

• Trade Count: (+24)
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
Straitssettlements.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »

>>>But thus far we have bought and have been buying many coins with Xu Hong for many years now and he is a very good and honest seller that kept to his words/promises. Xu Hong has very good credentials among the ebay international community and with your advise "not to do business with him" are very hard for us to even accept.<<<

Agreed Straits

Golden Unicorn in NY Chinatown tonight. Cantonese, excellent food.