Author Topic: ~~ READ THE TRADING RULES BEFORE POSTING ~~  (Read 20953 times)

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ~~ READ THE TRADING RULES BEFORE POSTING ~~
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 09:37:20 PM »
I still would like stricter enforcement of a "posting".

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 09:41:33 PM »
I would like to purpose the BST rules 1 be amended from one month membership and 25 postings to two months membership and 50 postings. This will provide extra time to assess the credibility of the new seller by forum members.

In addition, if it is possible, the reading and acknowledgement of forum rules be a part of process during the registration as a new member. This may require the change of software.

I have also suggested that the forum software be programmed such that only members who have met the established numeric criteria be allowed by the software settings to post in the BST section. If that is not feasible we can still continue monitoring poster qualification as usual.

The opportunity to sell coins and medals in this forum is a privilege that is earned.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
I would like to purpose the BST rules 1 be amended from one month membership and 25 postings to two months membership and 50 postings. This will provide extra time to assess the credibility of the new seller by forum members.

In addition, if it is possible, the reading and acknowledgement of forum rules be a part of process during the registration as a new member. This may require the change of software.

I second this proposal. Thank you.

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »

Accepted.  I just went through the trading board.  There are several forum sellers are between 25-50 postings. I would suggest that anyone has met the previous requirement before today won't get affected by the new rule.

I can add the forum rules as part of the Registration Agreement.  

thank you.

snowball

Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline lonemao

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 11:36:38 PM »
Thanks and I support the enhancement.  It will help buyers like me to better identify sellers that can be trusted on.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 12:01:36 AM »

Accepted.  I just went through the trading board.  There are several forum sellers are between 25-50 postings. I would suggest that anyone has met the previous requirement before today won't get affected by the new rule.

I can add the forum rules as part of the Registration Agreement. 

thank you.

snowball

Thanks for prompt response.

Offline polldav

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 07:07:22 AM »
Accepted.  I just went through the trading board.  There are several forum sellers are between 25-50 postings. I would suggest that anyone has met the previous requirement before today won't get affected by the new rule.

Could there be another way to be allowed to sell in BST other than post count? I was trying to get to 25 so I could list some coins without making a bunch of junk posts, but now that it's 50 I would probably end up selling on eBay even though I prefer to list here.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2016, 08:19:02 AM »
Could there be another way to be allowed to sell in BST other than post count? I was trying to get to 25 so I could list some coins without making a bunch of junk posts, but now that it's 50 I would probably end up selling on eBay even though I prefer to list here.

Rules have been made and modified here in this forum to keep it safe for all users, and that includes BST. A finance-type of site such as this attracts both good and bad actors and this is not just with respect to immediate needs such as buying and selling coins. I don’t know what the admin response will be to your post but there has been a lot of discussion around this issue recently, for example:

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=12445.0

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=12229.0

I believe that incidents such as this will continue to make it even harder to list coins for sale on this site since the main mechanism for controlling/preventing misadventures here is through the peer review process until forum members feel confident of each new member.

My suggestion is to continue the fellowship in the forum, contributing meaningful insights and asking for clarification as things arise. Furthermore, there may be someone you know in this forum to whom you could ship your items to sell here for you if you need to do so sooner than later. There are also other arrangements that involve escrow and things like that. Selling on eBay is even a good idea since it also establishes your credibility while your post count here is growing.

However, a more patient approach could yield better dividends for you. My impression of CCF is that it is not primarily a site for selling Chinese coins and medals. It is more for sharing knowledge and interests in this area. Attempts to fast track the BST process by new members tend to backfire, leading to suspicion and even worse.

These words are written in good faith. Best wishes!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline Wg4pandas

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 10:34:28 PM »
Hi Snowball, thanks for the great site you have here. I'm wondering if you have any advice for me. In looking at the rules, I realize that I don't yet meet the criteria to be able to post things for sale.

This is unfortunate because I am preparing to liquidate almost all of my Panda material, and it's a substantial amount. I have about 15 different years of 1oz gold and perhaps $5-10k of misc silver stuff as well.

I would like to offer my collection to the members here first, before trying ebay. It seems that that would be of benefit to the community as well.

If you can think ok for any way whereby I can make my list available, that'd be great.

Thanks for your consideration.
Always buying sheets and monsters of 1oz silver pandas... please let me know if you have any to sell.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 11:08:10 PM »
Just start making a few (useful) posts each day. It shouldn't take too long, right? 3 posts per day and in 9 days you could list. Or at 2 posts per day, just 2 weeke. That ain't too bad . . .

Offline Butch

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »
I did not notice the new rule of 50 posts.  My apology for that.  Just one coin to sell right now. 

Offline Treycoins

• New
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 11:24:49 PM »
I used to be a member on the forum under the name of “ChinaSilverandGoldCoins” but my account somehow does not exist anymore. I’m very confused by this and I’ve been a member for some years. I wanted to post in the BST today, but due to the rules I am unable to do so. Is there anything I can do to be able to share my auction?