Author Topic: Low Summer Season and Market Watch  (Read 1962 times)

kesheng

• Trade Count: (0)
Low Summer Season and Market Watch
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »
I posted this under other bbs in Chinese and would like to share with my friends snowball and others here. My translation may be not accurate enough, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Since early May, I began to ask friends about the possibility of short-term adjustment after the surge, and then we have got May 26 Le Le and May 27 Peng Lai posted their discussions about Low Summer Season is coming.

Regardless of whether or not it is low season, but it was observed since the closing of Hong Kong exhibition at end of February, the prices of fine rare items had been soared every week, or even every day. We have got the feeling that coins sellers can ask for any price they like if they have a coin.

However, this trend is slowed down since second half of May. Sellers are not adding the prices every day any more. Instead, some of the rare coins prices are reasonably adjusted (5-15%). For those very rare items which did not show in the market for past two months, now we can see 3-4 listings with an offer.

As a collecter of fine rare items, this is the first time for me to experience a surge and, lilely also a down turn of the market. I would try to follow up closely the latest price changes and market supply status. I hope I can start buying again after a reasonable price reduction. This may also be a good opportunity to observe and study more about the China coin market.

Should you have any observation from the US side, or any advices for me, you are welcome to share with me in this BBS. Thanks!

Ke Sheng
2010-5-30

Offline badon

Re: Low Summer Season and Market Watch
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:20:47 AM »
Thank you very much for the information.

kesheng

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »
This low season would usually take 3-4 months up to September, voice from China market. We will see the impact to the coin prices.

Offline chinesecoinworks

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
I sure hope the saying 'Sell in May and go away' is turned into reality. Not only the rare coins prices are inflated. The 5 oz silver panda coins were up at least $50 from Dec 2009.