Author Topic: Paper money issued by Japan in their occupation of China from 1931-1945 --very well written  (Read 2117 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Very interesting article.  Do the Japan/Chinese notes have any value?  Added the article to my list of favorites in case I run across any of these notes.............

Offline BobW

Since the Chinese invented paper and paper money over 700 years ago, there are indeed many that are indeed valuable. The challenge is to determine which of the many thousands are valuable. The challenge can initially be daunting.

Here is one seller's price list: http://www.atsnotes.com/banknotes/china.html

Both PCGS and NGC (through PMG) offer authentication and grading of Chinese paper money. Most of the paper than has been graded is from the 1930s to the present. NGC gets the majority of the business because they offer a free online population report easily accessible. PCGS does not offer a population report. eBay can provide an indication of value of some paper money.

ATSnotes.com is a good place to start learning about Chinese paper money.

Collecting Chinese paper money in the USA is just getting started. One great attraction is the rich history behind many of these notes.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
I did purchase some Chinese notes because they were so cheap.  E mailed photos to other dealers to see what I bought.  Have another 2 dozen offered to me and i will try to trade 2 to 3 junk silver (1964 older) 1/2 dollars for them.  My opinion is that the US dollar will drop in buying power but the Chinese Yuan will rise in purchasing power so the notes should go up.  My hunch is that Chinese notes today could be penny stocks of old.  How can a collector go wrong w/ notes that are so inexpensive?   (buying from private party not dealers)......... 

Offline BobW

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
Money propaganda.  Confusius w/ hand sign!  Even paper money as toilet paper.  I even know a fellow that collects Iraq Dinars only.  The dinars did hit bottom and they have lots of oil so maybe they will go up.  Most of my Chinese notes are Chinese and not Japan/China.  History of money is interesting.  I had no clue to what happened and why until I read your posts..............