Author Topic: 491. New daily record today for most users online at the Chinese Coin Forum  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
Most Online:  491 - Today at 07:44:56 AM

Quite a lot of traffic.  About double the typical recent volume and 18% above the previous daily record of 415 set on May 7, 2012.

Since the online peak today was at 07:44:56 AM (Mountain Standard Time, USA) on a Sunday, that volume of traffic isn't based in the US.  I wonder where all the traffic was coming from (Sunday evening in coastal China?) and why there was such a spike today.  Perhaps someone just posted some links directing people to the forum.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
Most Online:  491 - Today at 07:44:56 AM

Quite a lot of traffic.  About double the typical recent volume and 18% above the previous daily record of 415 set on May 7, 2012.

Since the online peak today was at 07:44:56 AM (Mountain Standard Time, USA) on a Sunday, that volume of traffic isn't based in the US.  I wonder where all the traffic was coming from (Sunday evening in coastal China?) and why there was such a spike today.  Perhaps someone just posted some links directing people to the forum.

I will give credit to hipanda and tjujoypop.

The buyers of fake NGC 1987 Mazu gold coins are from China.

Tiujoypop’s clear and detailed pictures of rare version of 1 Yuan 1985 Tibet proof coin can not be found at any website until now at CCF.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:42:39 PM by poconopenn »

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
The record falls again.  At 10:40:55 AM today, forum time, we had 551 online at the same time.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Traffic may be high on CCF but glengary's sale got my attention.  Most of his MCC offerings were sold within 24 hrs and many were high end, several $ thousand.  Rare MCC are getting bought up from what I can see.  Maybe increased rarity sales has something to do w/ increased traffic........ 

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
I am not sure if the spike in traffic had anything to do with it,but the forum was briefly down when i tried to access it a couple of hours ago.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:05:27 PM by r3globe »

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
The spike in traffic this morning mostly was due to spam bot attack.   >:(

The forum was down for about 30 mins around 8pm Eastern time causing by losing database connection to the server.   It is fixed now.

best,

snowball
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
The spike in traffic this morning mostly was due to spam bot attack.   >:(

The forum was down for about 30 mins around 8pm Eastern time causing by losing database connection to the server.   It is fixed now.

best,

snowball
Thanks snowball :)