Author Topic: Huang Ruiyong's coin ranking list  (Read 7540 times)

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Huang Ruiyong's coin ranking list
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »
I thought Huang's coin star list was translated on the forum, but upon close examination, it was machine translated. Many of the coin names were unrecognizable. I have since translated the coin ranking list for download. I used NGC translations where the coin name is not straightforward in English. This is the source in Chinese:

http://www.bjjbtz.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=18207

I have collected references I provided on CCF in my own blog, because I found that some of my posts got buried and members are asking me for their whereabouts. I decided a blog of my own is a better place for storage of all the information. I will keep adding to the blog while posting here at CCF. I have quite a few posts and articles on my translation to-do list. Both the coin star list and the medal star list are provided in the tabular form on my blog:

http://modern-chinese-numismatic-info.blogspot.com

The importance of these two lists can never be overemphasized. They basically provide the roadmaps for MCC collectors. Some readers may find the coin start list not quite reflecting the market status of some coins, such as the Dragon and Horse coins. Huang mentioned he is revising the lists. Hopefully we will have a updated version soon.

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
Re: Huang Ruiyong's coin ranking list
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:37:16 AM »
I have collected references I provided on CCF in my own blog, because I found that some of my posts got buried and members are asking me for their whereabouts. I decided a blog of my own is a better place for storage of all the information.

Thank you very much for doing so. Yes, it is great to have this info in one place. I'll visit your blog often as I value the information you provide us and your contribution to this forum.
Thanks again.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »
Fwang,

Thanks for the info.  Many appreciate you taking the time to translate a lot of this stuff from Chinese to English.

tamo42

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »
This list just makes me feel poor :). My best coins are only 3 stars.

Offline exchange

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
I thought Huang's coin star list was translated on the forum, but upon close examination, it was machine translated. Many of the coin names were unrecognizable. I have since translated the coin ranking list for download. I used NGC translations where the coin name is not straightforward in English. This is the source in Chinese:

http://www.bjjbtz.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=18207

I have collected references I provided on CCF in my own blog, because I found that some of my posts got buried and members are asking me for their whereabouts. I decided a blog of my own is a better place for storage of all the information. I will keep adding to the blog while posting here at CCF. I have quite a few posts and articles on my translation to-do list. Both the coin star list and the medal star list are provided in the tabular form on my blog:

http://modern-chinese-numismatic-info.blogspot.com

The importance of these two lists can never be overemphasized. They basically provide the roadmaps for MCC collectors. Some readers may find the coin start list not quite reflecting the market status of some coins, such as the Dragon and Horse coins. Huang mentioned he is revising the lists. Hopefully we will have a updated version soon.

Excellent source, thank you.

exchange

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 05:23:10 PM »
There were similar comments on the Chinese forum following the list. One guy joked that he had 6 stars, by adding them from his two coins.

For collectors, the goal is to climb up the star ladder. I always check the star lists before making a purchase.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »

You feel poor?  I gotta double check the list to see if I have any stars.   Wonder if he has a fraction of 1 star?...............

Offline pandaccumulator

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
fwang,

Very helpful information, thanks for your contribution!

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »
thanx fwang
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  
195 south BEVERLY Dr. BEVERLY HILLS

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

DECEMBER: Macau/H.K.

JANUARY: N.Y.

AUGUST: Hong Kong

GO TO my Ebay Click: http://stores.ebay.com/worldcollectibles310

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

PCGS,NGC & PMG Auth. Dealer
美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM
WECHAT: LAMBORGHINICA

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »
I don't think anyone should feel bad about owning 1, 2 or 3 star coins.  Often the 4-6 star coins are large 5 or 12 oz pieces.  Their prices might be very high but they may not be something practical for people to store or display.  Also half the fun of the hobby is collecting.  The big pieces limit the collecting that can be done unless you are ultra-rich.

And in time, the percentage gains on the smaller, more practical pieces could be as high or higher then some of the really expensive top end pieces.  Especially if you are talking a 5 or 12 oz gold piece where much of its value could be its metal content.  If gold goes a lot higher then returns on smaller pieces may outperform.

I'll take 5 x different 1 oz pieces over a 5 oz piece all day long.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:26:01 PM by Obsidian »

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »
This is why there is a separate ranking list by the same author on the regular sized BU gold pandas and sets.
Collectors take note as there is some valuable information in this list.

I translated this article here:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3852.36

Fwang,
Feel free to copy and post this translation on your blog as long as you attribute the original source as well as the translation.

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
This is why there is a separate ranking list by the same author on the regular sized BU gold pandas and sets.
Collectors take note as there is some valuable information in this list.

I translated this article here:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=3852.36

Fwang,
Feel free to copy and post this translation on your blog as long as you attribute the original source as well as the translation.
Thanks for your generous offer. I will post your translation to my blog with proper ackowledgements.

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »

fwang ..

thanks for the info :thumbup1:

regards

p.s.: like I said ...  started too late :( - get only crumbs.

p.p.s.

p.h.

>>> Feel free to copy and post this translation on your blog as long as you attribute the original source as well as the translation. <<<

you permit me also?

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:42 AM »
Yes wg.
At least you have kilogram sized gold "crumbs"
That's something.

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 09:29:34 AM »
wg, some of the top coins are still available at auctions, even the few patterns. If you have a deep pocket, you can get hold of them  :001_smile:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:32:08 AM by fwang2450 »