Author Topic: CHANGED Appearance and Functionality of the Forum!  (Read 3049 times)

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
CHANGED Appearance and Functionality of the Forum!
« on: October 28, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
hi all,

I did not see it discussed anywhere, but do you guys see how the appearance and the functionality of the forum have changed? It seems like it "regressed" to a less functional forum. Is it just me and my computer or what?

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: CHANGED Appearance and Functionality of the Forum!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
I would also like to know why the forum changed.  It appears the Forum software has changed to SMF or Simple Machines Forum.  This is the same forum software used by Live Business Chat!  It would be nice to hear from the owner of the forum why this change was made?  Also, I would like know if this new forum using the same software Badon uses for LBC has any connection or link to Badon?

As forum members we deserve an explanation.

Thanks!

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
>>>Also, I would like know if this new forum using the same software Badon uses for LBC has any connection or link to Badon?<<<

I too want to know if this change has any connection/link to qwasty/badon. I believe this question should be answered by snowball because there are many here who want no connection with this individual.

low

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:10:04 PM »
Actually I look at this differently, but that is different matter.

Since the day I joined this forum, it has been running on SMF, yes same forum software as LBC. What change is the "skin", and that is the reason I felt excited. I hope what I thought is right.

Other than that, I agree with the both of you, particularly relating to the ex-admin.

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
My question was related purely to the forum appearance and functionality and NOT the issues with badon or anyone else. I can live with the skin, but how about the feature that shows you the unread topics. Thanks all for your help.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »
I think the background should have close up photos of rare MCC instead of white.  I like white and this version better than the last.  Here is a question:  With the huge storm coming into New York and no power for several days, could that stop crimex from manipulating metal prices for a few days?   (Chances are the powers that be, have it figured out but who knows?)............

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »
I didn't realize the previous version was also running SMF and this change was a simple change of skin.  That concerns me less.  The functionality of the forum seems to be basically the same for me.

r3globe, what feature showed you unread topics on the old forum?  The only way I could tell unread topics was the image left of the thread was "greyed" out if I had read the topic.  Is this what you were referring to?

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
I didn't realize the previous version was also running SMF and this change was a simple change of skin.  That concerns me less.  The functionality of the forum seems to be basically the same for me.

r3globe, what feature showed you unread topics on the old forum?  The only way I could tell unread topics was the image left of the thread was "greyed" out if I had read the topic.  Is this what you were referring to?

There were two options:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

I don't see them anymore.

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »
CCF has been running on SMF since the very first day.  The old green theme is really outdated and not compatible with many useful SMF Modifications.   
I wanted to change to a new theme is simply because the green one is not compatible with the Anti-Spam Verification Questions Mod that I wanted to add to the forum to help blocking spammers.   :001_smile:

best,

snowball
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »
Thank you Snowball for the post.  I am sure that you are busy and likely this forum isn't at the top of you list of things to do.  I personally appreciate your input and think it would help the forum if you were able to post now and then on certain questions.  Maybe give a few answers, etc.  At least until things are smoothed out and continue more normally.

Thanks!