Author Topic: Badon resigns? No way!  (Read 19340 times)

Offline aragog

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Badon resigns? No way!
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »
It is just a human nature. When the prices were going up, everyone was in good mood and satisfied and did not care much about others. But when investments went in wrong way, it was obvious that some of us were more of investors than collectors and felt more offended then it would be in a good days.
Anyway, recently I just tried to find better place to read discussions and did not enjoyed time spent here too much.
Even MCC does not look so bright to me now. Not much objective, but what can be objective in a human world.?

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
本人对在此论坛人身攻击冷嘲热讽一直保持零容忍的态度。不管您认不认同他人的观点,只要牵涉到人身攻击就是越过了论坛的底线。badon离职的主因也在此。
以互相尊重为本,分享,交流,快乐,是此论坛的宗旨。 如果说您认为自己做不到的话,我们不会挽留。

谢谢

snowball

Excellent! Google Translate is doing much better in this case:

I am in this forum personal attacks cynicism has maintained a zero tolerance attitude. Whether you believe do not agree with the views of others, as long as it involves personal attacks is over the bottom line of the Forum. main cause also badon leave.
Oriented mutual respect, sharing, exchange, happiness is the purpose of this forum. If you do not think you can do that, then we will not retain.

Thank you

雪球

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »
My two cents on this issue: there is no question badon contributed a lot to CCF and to MCC in general, with his time, his posts and his vision of the big picture. His style catches on easily with some followers. On the other hand, he is limited in his view due to the language barrier, blocked from the numismatic and market information in China. That impacts his judgment and his calls.

Before I joined CCF, I was wondering at the price gap of pagodas and goldfish between the US and China markets. Normally prices in China are higher than in the US. When I bought a Xinjiang silver coin on eBay at $2000, the Chinese market price was around $2500. It is all natural because of the larger collector community in China, thus the higher demand and price. But the pagoda and goldfish prices were the opposite. Actually they were way higher here in the US. I found the clue after I joined CCF. I brought this issue up and butted heads with badon on these medals in particular and on medals in general. In the end I gave up, not because I was convinced, but because I did not have time responding to his eloquence. If he believes that the US/Western preference can lead the MCC market and discover values ahead of Chinese collectors, so much the better. I certainly would not bet against the trend.

There is no clear evidence that badon has been pumping and dumping. But the medals he promoted certainly fit into the profile of a pumping and dumping game: readily available on the market, small capitalization, some characteristic to be exaggerated on (mintage in this case), and volatility in pricing. Badon denied the "dumping" part as he claimed he did not sell his coins/medals. But in my opinion, swapping a set of silver pagodas with a 95 proof gold panda realizes the profit all the same, although no selling is involved.

We may agree or disagree about the benefits/loss of badon's departure. But at least CCF can free itself from the obsession with two sets of relatively obscure medals. They have their place in MCC, but not as much as they have been elevated to. They are certainly not the top choice for newbies, which "low" alludes to in his signature.

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
My thoughts for whatever its worth.

1. CC??  totally user unfriendly except for a few insiders?   hhhmmmm

2. Badon always raving about the (pagoda, fish)medals?   hhmmmm   LOL There other more respected & HARDER to find medals that china & the U.S. respect!

3. Badon/qwasty whoever he is is well known for his issue on "personal privacy"    hmmmm  Every Co. you can find out tons of info on there board members!

4. Badon resign? fired? or forced to resign??  and WHY?????  If it is something that could EXTREMELY taint this forum in any way, shape or form..  A person with TRUE integrity would not of taken the job of Immense responsibility in the first place.

5. This was a board/forum on Modern chinese coins, MCC will be here long after Badon/qwasty/board drama is gone.

6. Cut out the cancer & lets move on with talkin MCC's!!!!   Whoever has the power STEPUP, Do what needs to be done!

Have a nice day!

:thumbup:
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  
195 south BEVERLY Dr. BEVERLY HILLS

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

DECEMBER: Macau/H.K.

JANUARY: N.Y.

AUGUST: Hong Kong

GO TO my Ebay Click: http://stores.ebay.com/worldcollectibles310

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

PCGS,NGC & PMG Auth. Dealer
美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM
WECHAT: LAMBORGHINICA

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »
I really enjoyed reading this post. you present a very level-headed analysis of the situation without getting too personal or emotional. Thank you!

My two cents on this issue: there is no question badon contributed a lot to CCF and to MCC in general, with his time, his posts and his vision of the big picture. His style catches on easily with some followers. On the other hand, he is limited in his view due to the language barrier, blocked from the numismatic and market information in China. That impacts his judgment and his calls.

Before I joined CCF, I was wondering at the price gap of pagodas and goldfish between the US and China markets. Normally prices in China are higher than in the US. When I bought a Xinjiang silver coin on eBay at $2000, the Chinese market price was around $2500. It is all natural because of the larger collector community in China, thus the higher demand and price. But the pagoda and goldfish prices were the opposite. Actually they were way higher here in the US. I found the clue after I joined CCF. I brought this issue up and butted heads with badon on these medals in particular and on medals in general. In the end I gave up, not because I was convinced, but because I did not have time responding to his eloquence. If he believes that the US/Western preference can lead the MCC market and discover values ahead of Chinese collectors, so much the better. I certainly would not bet against the trend.

There is no clear evidence that badon has been pumping and dumping. But the medals he promoted certainly fit into the profile of a pumping and dumping game: readily available on the market, small capitalization, some characteristic to be exaggerated on (mintage in this case), and volatility in pricing. Badon denied the "dumping" part as he claimed he did not sell his coins/medals. But in my opinion, swapping a set of silver pagodas with a 95 proof gold panda realizes the profit all the same, although no selling is involved.

We may agree or disagree about the benefits/loss of badon's departure. But at least CCF can free itself from the obsession with two sets of relatively obscure medals. They have their place in MCC, but not as much as they have been elevated to. They are certainly not the top choice for newbies, which "low" alludes to in his signature.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »
I would also like to simply say that I agree with both fwang2450 and MrOrganic.

Offline pandaccumulator

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »

Such a fair statement, thank you for speaking the truth.

Offline badon

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
A person with TRUE integrity would not of taken the job of Immense responsibility in the first place.

It saddens me greatly to see people say things like that. I hope you didn't mean it. Members and staff have built this forum into what it is today, with a lot of hard work (staff), and a lot of joy (everyone).

Offline moosician

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+20)
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

Couldnt agree more.

1. CC??  totally user unfriendly except for a few insiders?   hhhmmmm

Agreed, wish the interface was simpler without too many different codes and numbers and links...

low

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
本人对在此论坛人身攻击冷嘲热讽一直保持零容忍的态度。不管您认不认同他人的观点,只要牵涉到人身攻击就是越过了论坛的底线。badon离职的主因也在此。
以互相尊重为本,分享,交流,快乐,是此论坛的宗旨。 如果说您认为自己做不到的话,我们不会挽留。

I have personally maintained a continuous zero tolerance stance on personal attacks and inappropriate satirical remarks.
It doesn't matter who you are or what your point of view is, resorting to personal attacks crosses the line of decency by and drags the forum down. This was a major contributing factor in badon's resignation. Mutual respect is the basic tenant for this sharing, productive and enjoyable, forum. If you say you are personally incapable of maintaining these basic standards we will not urge you to stay.

謝谢
Thank you

snowball

言语失当,自当反省。
大是大非,不容诡辩。
朋友珍重,有缘再聚。

snowball 老总,辛苦了。给您添麻烦了!

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »

It saddens me greatly to see people say things like that. I hope you didn't mean it. Members and staff have built this forum into what it is today, with a lot of hard work (staff), and a lot of joy (everyone).

Mr Organics quote was actually:

"If it is something that could EXTREMELY taint this forum in any way, shape or form..  A person with TRUE integrity would not of taken the job of Immense responsibility in the first place."

He clearly didn't mean to imply that a person with integrity wouldn't take a job of immense responsibility on the forum.  However, you likely know this.

We all appreciate the hard work of the owner and moderators, etc.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:31:02 PM by Obsidian »

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »
Mr Organic:  The CC is not user friendly to me either.  I have emailed Badon on this but it may need time, money and skills to make it user friendly.  The CC, LBC, and CCF are all fairly new and going thru a continual improvement process.  Maybe members could be of help  Do any forum readers know of a trusting computer whiz that could help improve it?  Could Badon, Tamo or Snowball let us know what is needed to improve them and maybe we could help?  Is patience on our part the answer?   My guess is the priority is the functioning of the systems first and becoming user friendly is later.  The crew in charge is dedicated so the system will eventually improve.  ..................

Online PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »

It has been stated before during the heat of discussion, but perhaps it merits restating in this calm Sunday afternoon:
banning a member is a deliberated process requiring consensus of staffs.  The notion of a vengeful adminstrator dealt out penalty at will is completely false.

Just for the record, at the time this took place I was not aware that the two members were under consideration for banning. If other staff members tried to communicate with me on this matter, I did not see their message(s). The consensus of staff did not include me, as I had no knowledge of it, or input.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 11:04:43 AM »
My apology, PandaCollector, for making an incorrect representation of your involvement.  I wish to retract the "concensus of staffs" phrase, as it is now obviously not supported by the party involved.  It is still my opinion, with my few short weeks of involvement in the deliberation behind the scense, that decision to ban is a lengthy one and the original accusation by some of the forum members of a rouge adminstrator handing out penaly without accountability is still incorrect.

tamo42

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »
Mr Organic:  The CC is not user friendly to me either.  I have emailed Badon on this but it may need time, money and skills to make it user friendly.  The CC, LBC, and CCF are all fairly new and going thru a continual improvement process.  Maybe members could be of help  Do any forum readers know of a trusting computer whiz that could help improve it?  Could Badon, Tamo or Snowball let us know what is needed to improve them and maybe we could help?  Is patience on our part the answer?   My guess is the priority is the functioning of the systems first and becoming user friendly is later.  The crew in charge is dedicated so the system will eventually improve.  ..................

The CC is still very much in beta. Features are still being developed. It's probably somewhere around 25% complete. Usability will come later. I agree it's hard to use in its current state.

LBC is a forum. The fact that market information is available at all is something of a miracle :). As the CC develops more and more, I think LBC will be used less and less for this task.