Author Topic: Badon resigns? No way!  (Read 22782 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Badon resigns? No way!
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »
Badon, you are no longer administrator of CCF and LBC?  Are you kidding me?  Why?  You have helped this Chinese coin community a heck of alot.  Your posts are read around the world.  I appreciate the education and knowledge that you freely gave to us newbies and all others.  Your personality quirks are no big deal as the help you have given is much more valuable.  Don't we all have personality quirks.  I sure do.  Almost 2 yrs ago I had zero understanding of the coin market.  Today, others ask me questions.  Can't we establish common sense rules to posting opinions?  PLEASE RECONSIDER!!  Stay w/ our forum!!.................

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Badon resigns? No way!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:30 AM »
Badon is the owner of LBC, so no problem there, and Badon can still participate here as a regular member unless he doesn't want to. The next CCF administrator better be prepared to disclose your coin holdings to avoid any potential conflict of interest.

Offline coinstat

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
Thanks for bringing that up. I hope that badon gave up moderation to have more time for discussing content.  :001_rolleyes:

The other discussion was closed too late or too early. In my opinion it should have been closed when the fair discussion ended. But finally there was a time of silence and everybody thought about what’s going on. In my opinion the conciliation phase would have been following, but that was not possible.

Members that barely contributed something to the content of the forum made claims. :cursing: That often happens when forums grow very fast. In addition, I think some guys would love to see the forum down since here is very valuable information freely available. Those guys earn their money with advanced knowledge. I know that much more knowledge, especially related to varieties, is out there but some things are kept secret.

If we want to reveal the secrets of Chinese coins and educate a new generation of collectors then we must stay together! There are only two ways for all members: open your mind and contribute something or let the whole thing go down.  :blink:

When I brought some things up about a specific coin only three members contributed to that discussion and two of them are gone. I asked for some photos from other users that could help to clarify that. There was no response. So why should someone bring up new research in a public forum instead of discussing it in private with some specific members (or in the home forum)?

Badon, you have done a great job for the MCC’s. Thanks for that :thumbup: Nobody expects an inerrable human being. Just take your time and please come back.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:12:38 AM by coinstat »

Offline coinstat

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
Badon is the owner of LBC, so no problem there, and Badon can still participate here as a regular member unless he doesn't want to. The next CCF administrator better be prepared to disclose your coin holdings to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
Is coin collecting really that much related to stock gambling? I think a forum is about exchanging thoughts and information. As long as an admin does not delete content that does not match his opinion how would a conflict of interest look like?
If an admin knows much about coins he probably owns some. That is much better than having someone with no clue.
If the whole thing is only about comments then every member giving an opinion would have to disclose all holdings.

low

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
四通八达,有4也有8,就乱搭一通。终点到了,也该下车了。

真相毕竟是丑陋的。能看清真相的人很少。

众人皆醉时,更应珍惜清醒的人!

莫待哪天您醒了,才后悔错怪了疼惜您的朋友。

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 10:05:53 AM »
To be great is to be misunderstood. It's great to be misunderstood, or it's a great misunderstanding.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
Or a missed opportunity to understand greatness.

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:56 AM »
Or as Mark Twain says: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

He also says: "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Offline goldpig

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »
What? Did i miss something?

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »
"Commit a crime, and the earth is made of glass."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »
"Commit a crime, and the earth is made of glass."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In cyberspace, criminals are made of invisible gas, unfortunately.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »
Now the question is, will the Owner or whoever the new Admin is remove the bans on Underbidder and Comeaux (assuming they want back in as their old selves  :001_smile:).  Also, we all need to work together and try to bring back Poconopenn.

I don't think a new Admin needs to disclose what his / her coins are.  They just need to be very careful if they are actively pumping certain coins.  At that point, it might be wise to disclose they have a personal interest in those coins.  I believe the deeper issue of the previous discussion had more to do with general integrity then what coins he really has.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:11:12 PM by Obsidian »

Offline pandaccumulator

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »
If this is true, here is my 2 cents:

1) When the administrator talks( or promotes) about certain coins heavily, it would be nice to give some kind of disclosure, esp. when someone talks about super rare MCC, this is to avoid future conflict of interests and being a suspect of "pump and dump", this was a valid point brought up by Poconoppen.

2) We need to bring back Poconoppen to the forum.

3) Lift bans on other two members?

4) We appreciate the time and efforts that Badon has donated to the succses of the forum.

Happy collecting.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
You can see the current staff roster here:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6566.msg40108;topicseen#msg40108

Snowball is now the sole adminstrator, BTW, he is also the owner.

It has been stated before during the heat of discussion, but perhaps it merits restating in this calm Sunday afternoon:
banning a member is a deliberated process requiring consensus of staffs.  The notion of a vengeful adminstrator dealt out penalty at will is completely false.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »
You can see the current staff roster here:
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6566.msg40108;topicseen#msg40108

Snowball is now the sole adminstrator, BTW, he is also the owner.

It has been stated before during the heat of discussion, but perhaps it merits restating in this calm Sunday afternoon:
banning a member is a deliberated process requiring consensus of staffs.  The notion of a vengeful adminstrator dealt out penalty at will is completely false.

Banning Underbidder and Comeaux after being banned is a "consensus of staffs"?

Yet you allowed Badon to be an administrator knowing exacting who he is and still allow him to post.

It all members here understood all the facts all would stand shoulder to shoulder with Underbidder, Comeaux, and Poconopenn who left

on his own for noble reasons. I think it's time for you guys to fact check yourselves.