Author Topic: List of fake Chinese coin sellers  (Read 170980 times)

Offline digbird

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: List of Fake Coin Sellers
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
ha...yes I'll save my money...going to report this guy tho. At least I'll try too.

Add edit:
Well I reported this one item. Ebay makes it hard as you have to describe problem in just a few words. Will see what happens. Maybe if others report as well, we can take care of this guy. He has other fakes listed as well.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:03:59 PM by digbird »

Offline digbird

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
Anybody else going to report this guy? I just got a generic reply from ebay..takes 72 hours, but this guys auctions are finished in about 48 hours.

cheers...  "the lone ranger..lol"

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:56 PM »
Digbird,

The item was removed. Good work.

You can report the fake coin in the following eBay site. It will allow your to report 10 items at the same time and provide you with space of 10,000 characters to make your case.

http://www.ebay.com/ccw

Offline digbird

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »
Thanks Poconopenn...that is amazing. Same seller had 3 other fakes as well. Will have to check and see. Your link will come in handy...thank you.

cheers...

Offline digbird

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
This guy named cmuabbx was brought to my attention so checked him out.

If you want a dynamite collection of fakes..have a look.

http://shop.ebay.ca/cmuabbx/m.html?_adv=1&_dmd=1&_in_kw=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

I'm hoping others will contact ebay as well. What do you think?

cheers....

Offline digbird

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »
What a cumbersome system for reporting fake sellers. I tried "poconopenn's link above and didn't work right. but got thru on sellers first item listed. I hope others will help report this guy..we need to clean up ebay, and make it safe for newbies bidding on these things, they will get hurt financially.

Any views or opinions? cheers

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 01:29:43 AM »
The weblink mentioned above is for US eBay. Seller "cmuabbx" is selling fake coins at Canada eBay. We may not be able to do anything with this seller by reporting to US eBay.

Yes, all coins are fake.

Offline digbird

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
I think your right Poconopenn. I signed in thru the US site and it flipped right to ebay.ca and was a page that displayed "selling problems". I see he is still selling this morning..all with bids. Reporting is a problem for mass listings. So I just went to his first listing. The box they give you to type the digits into allows very few words. Not a great setup. I'm hoping others will pile on and take this guy down. cheers

Offline digbird

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »
Well he is still selling..but the one I reported on must have been pulled..auction was over, but wasn't in his "completed auctions". Was a 1984 with a 2003 20Yuan denomination on reverse...weighed 1oz..should be 27grams...on and on and on.   

Offline digbird

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »
Same guy as above but under new listing...exact same old photo's and all are fakes.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270693244267&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Offline jakewebb

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »
Hi this member of Ebay "newopening" was selling some fake silver bars exacly the same as the ones I was conned into buying from "jamie-smile" . I am concerned he is trying to build up feedback and then sell fake bars to others. I messaged him about his bars and they have now either been removed or sold but either way I think he should be listed here. Thanks
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/newopening/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Offline digbird

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 12:17:53 PM »
Ebay hasn't done a thing about this guy..I know of 4 people including myself that reported him. Amazing!!!!!!!!

http://shop.ebay.ca/liwanglutong/m.html

Offline badon

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
Hi this member of Ebay "newopening" was selling some fake silver bars exacly the same as the ones I was conned into buying from "jamie-smile" . I am concerned he is trying to build up feedback and then sell fake bars to others. I messaged him about his bars and they have now either been removed or sold but either way I think he should be listed here. Thanks
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/newopening/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Sometimes sellers don't know the items they're selling are fake. However, this seller you're mentioning here is selling jewelry using photos from other people's accounts. That's a huge red flag.

Offline jakewebb

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2011, 06:03:12 AM »
Hi,
Yes I agree 100% and that could well be an excuse however I did message him or her to let them know. I have learned not to trust sellers in China with silver. I now mainly use the Canadian sellers and buy Maples instead. As far as I can tell so far all these 1 ounce Maples have been ok.

Offline digbird

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »
Update to my post #84 this thread.

A few of us ganged up and reported this guy. Ebay sort of let us down as they pulled 7 of the 11 fake coins. Yes...small inroads, but they should have shut this guy down 100% and pulled all 11 items. Progress is sometimes very slow. Thought I'd bring you up to date.

cheers...