Author Topic: 【F】《1985 Sinkiang 30th Anniversary 5 Oz silver medal》 Different versions  (Read 2802 times)

Offline RAREMEDAL

• Trade Count: (0)
RAREMEDAL — Feng Jingjing sir. I come from He'nan of China.
I love chinese rare medals and golden and silver coins.
My E-mail:2209925761@qq.com
My blog:  http://blog.sina.com.cn/zhongyuanfeng555

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
RAREMEDAL,
Could you post the pictures of different versions again?  I have more time during the winter to study them.  I like to do a population study of the various varieties.  Thanks.

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
At pandamonium's suggestion, I took a look at the 1985 Xinjiang 5oz and found about 6 areas of frosting/mirror field differences.  No definitive grouping of varieties popped out to me, so I'll just present them the relevant NGC file photos with the areas of differences highlighted. 

Most of the 5oz Xinjiang has zero rotation, but there is an example of rotated die, NGC 2765206-001.  It is a minor rotation, only about 8 degrees.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
NGC and another member think that there could be a variety so it is being considered.    NGC 3622065-001  and  3542052-003  notice the mirror background around lower elbow.    3622065-001 has frost background around lower elbow.    Ebay 200979681713 has frost in the upper elbow.   How do we get RAREMEDAL to repost his photos?......

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
After looking over 28 5oz 1985 Xinjiang in my database, I found two more areas of differences and furthur concluded that these differences are not so much variation than deviation from the original design intent.  The original design is hard to find.  NGC 2764332-005, 2765206-001, 3553621-007 come close to it, see the attached annotated photo of 3553621-007.  In my opinion, (A) The building and mountain should be intact, (B) two sheeps should be separated from the flock, (C) girl's right elbow should separate from the flock of sheep, (D) The sheep's leg should be cleared of the frame, (E) There should be 5 strands of pigtails, (F) girl's left arm should be fully separated from her hair and neck, (G) the harbor should be rounded like NGC-2757328-013 or irregular like NGC-2760954-022 instead of square as shown, and (H) cloud should have gap as shown.

Offline Bearcat

• Supporter
Thanks SANDAC, for the very clear description and illustration. Even my old eyes can see ... I'll have to go dig out my examples and take another look!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
NGC stated that they will only recognize a rotated die of 45 degrees or more to be considered a variety.   The possible frosting variety is under consideration so lets give NGC a few weeks to hear their final response.   Thanks to RAREMEDAL for his posting.   Can a CCF member that writes/speaks Chinese ask RAREMEDAL to repost his photos?.........