« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
Re: Fake
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
Reported all 17 items.
"Item 321082727163 is no longer available."
When listing these it helps to add the user account name in case one coin is pulled but others remain.

Offline panda-moneya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »
New user.  Probably didn't know. 

The seller is from US.   What is the chance of someone from US is selling a fake  N16

Just want to point that out since more and more sellers are highlighting they are US sellers.

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »
I think you might be surprised by that answer... I see quite a few fakes being sold by US sellers.
 I can't see definitively, whether or not they all know/knew that their item was fake but
 there has been a number of them. I have even seen some reputable coin dealers list Silver pandas
 that were clearly fakes... probably not even realizing it. The most common ones are the newer "double sealed" pandas
( even though they weren't double sealed by the Mint) They are pretty easy to spot because of the packaging....Rounded corners
here is an example:
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-SILVER-PANDA-1oz-SILVER-UNC-NEW-DOUBLE-SEALED-FREE-SHIPPING-/230937536225?pt=Bullion_US

Offline panda-moneya

MORE Fakes
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »
Another seller from China has listed a number of fake Silver pandas on ebay.
 These particular ones (with the red cases) were widely sold about 6 months ago by a couple different sellers.
 An awful lot of people got burned...hate to see it happen again
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chabeijian130/m.html?item=190807901422

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 03:04:36 PM »
Another seller from China has listed a number of fake Silver pandas on ebay.
 These particular ones (with the red cases) were widely sold about 6 months ago by a couple different sellers.
 An awful lot of people got burned...hate to see it happen again
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chabeijian130/m.html?item=190807901422

Any discussion on the red case fakes I can link to?

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
Here is a little more info: Approx, last summer, there were  2 or 3 different sellers(screen names anyway) that would
 list these exact same Silver pandas. They came in the "velvety" red presentation box and also showed some sort of COA
 A COA that is suppose to fool people into believing, that  because of it,(COA) then the pandas "must" be real. The sellers were very organized
 and highly efficient....Listing 10 or 12 of them, always auctioning off in a 24 hr time span. They would go back and forth between screen names
 to make it look less obvious?( my guess). Since delivery takes close to 3 weeks or more...by the time a buyer realizes that they had received a fake silver panda, opens a case with ebay,...it is too late. (Although, the majority of buyers were completely fooled and never even
 opened disputes.)  They sold hundreds of these fake pandas...each! Even as the negative comments began to build, people still bought them.
        That's my info on it... anyone else?,....feel free to add your take on it

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 11:16:40 PM »
Thank you panda-moneya.
Unfortunately what we suspect and what we can prove are not always the same.
As is often the case with fakes the poor pictures are not clear enough to see detail.
Legit sellers like Naomi are guilty of this too...
The only angle I can see in our favor are the fake COA's and pouches.
If eBay would accept this as proof of fraud it would require a data base of known good and bad COA's & pouches in order begin making a case.
At this time this account has 20 listed, up 8 since my last post.
Alerting eBay will hopefully put these coins on watch.
One would hope eBay can at least put a freeze on any funds flowing into this account until this is fully concluded.
Hope and $1.50 might get us a cup of coffee. 

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »
These are definite fakes, you can tell by the packaging. They are all in the same rigid packages, with Rounded corners
  Peter Anythony was the first to report on them in his early writings of "How to spot a counterfeit panda"
  It;s the number one dead give-away for spotting fakes. Another easy spot is the 2003 version, that is listed.... I guess this version
 takes "mirrored" to a new level
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Panda-coin-Panda-1oz-10-yuan-silver-coin-999-silver-coin-Uncirculated-/190807901952?pt=UK_Coins_World_RL

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »

When listing these it helps to add the user account name in case one coin is pulled but others remain.

Agreed !  We need to keep tabs on these "fakers".   N39

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »

The seller is from US.   What is the chance of someone from US is selling a fake  N16

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.  There are plenty of counterfeit sellers in the U.S. - knowingly, or not. Some of them might have bought their fakes on Alibaba (and elsewhere) for "quick profit".

Offline panda-moneya

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
I agree with Dynamike51...110%! Not only do "Fakes", give Silver pandas a bad reputation, But they also severely inhibit
 New perspective buyers from entering the MCC market place. Long time collectors of Morgans, Eagles etc are reluctant
 to get involved with Pandas ( or MCC) for fear they might get shafted. With "fakes" There is a negative trickle down effect,
 with buyers,& sellers.In my opinion, we should All band together and report these fakes as soon as possible..The more
"reports" that Ebay receives, might help influence their decision to act more quickly, and remove them.
     ***Strength in Numbers!***.

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »
It was sarcasm because I was talking to some coin collector friends oversea and they stated that they are tied of hearing and seeing US based sellers slamming non-US sellers.  They see it as arrogant and slight against non-US based people.  We know there are good and bad sellers everywhere.  Given the power of the Internet, we just need to be more aware of how we communicated.