Author Topic: FRAUD alert on eBay  (Read 10871 times)

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: FRAUD alert on eBay
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »
Beware of this seller.  Title and picture state 2003 set, however description states 2004 set.  The seller is actually selling 2004 set which is worth $2000 less than 2003 set.  Total misrepresentation and I reported it to ebay but they let the auction run to completion, now some poor buyer is going to get ripped off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282331563145

Offline tater

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 05:39:45 PM »
very interesting listing.  The photos are of a 2003 set like the title suggest.  I hope the buyer used paypal.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »
"2004" could be a typo. Did anyone contact the seller with the observation? There were nine bidders.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »
I really wanted to bid on the 2003 set as the 1/2 is in very short supply.  I contacted the seller and he told me it is 2004 set and picture and title are incorrect, so I didn't bid it up.  He should have ended the listing but kept it up regardless.   I assume all the other bidders above $3400 assumed the picture is correct, he even wrote in the description certificate as shown in picture, well even that is a false statement.

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 11:18:53 PM »
Looks like ebay is on the ball, they finally did something after 3 reports plus maybe some forum members also reported the item.  Just got this email.

Hello coins888_com,

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from xbbyhuynh through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members. We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time, this message is just being sent as a precaution.