Author Topic: NCS conservation time  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
Re: NCS conservation time
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 01:17:51 AM »
Re:

All the acrimony and complaints do not make sense to me. Everything's amazing, but nobody's happy.

Edit by badon: Made it so video shows up as intended.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:51:14 PM by badon »

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:44 AM »
Quote from: Panda Halves
Everything's amazing, but nobody's happy
:thumbup:

Offline NBM

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:14 AM »
I'm sorry but I don't find a 3 month backlog of waiting customers "amazing".  :001_rolleyes:

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't find a 3 month backlog of waiting customers "amazing".  :001_rolleyes:

If anyones submissions are taking anywhere near that long then they have a problem with their submission.  Less than a month ago I submitted 2 groupings of coins to NCS.  One with 22 coins and one with 26 coins.  Both took a little longer than normal but they moved from NCS to NGC in about 2 working weeks give or take a couple days.  I was also told by a dealer that has direct contact with NGC that one of their main people doing conservation was out of town for a week and that is why things got a bit backed up.  I don't know what to think about that since I'm sure they have more than a couple people conserving but who knows.

Offline davidt3251

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
Just received NCS-NGC submissions back. 32 days. NCS alone is supposed to be 20-30 days.

Offline PandaBrian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Buy the Best, Forget the Rest.
    • PandaAmerica
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »
I don't know NCS' current turn around times, but three weeks seems a bit quick, and 3 months seems unusually long.  If the coins were submitted to NCS to be conserved and then forwarded to NGC for grading that would result in a extended turn around time. 

If your submission has been there 3 months then I would recommend calling to inquire if there is a problem with the submission or of they have an estimated time of completion and return.

It's been a long time since I looked at NCS' website for submission information/turn around times, but I think it used to be about 15 business days from receipt. 

From my experience, when a submission is delayed upwards of 3 months there was a submission form or account issue.
Brian Silliman
Senior Numismatist
Panda America
Brian@PandaAmerica.com
www.PandaAmerica.com

Instructor: ANA Coin Grading & Counterfeit Detection Seminars.
Former NGC Authenticator & Grader, NCS Conservator and ANA Authenticator