Author Topic: MODERN CHINESE MEDALS - Is this market in collapse?  (Read 36578 times)

Offline Contrapunctus

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MODERN CHINESE MEDALS - Is this market in collapse?
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
Here is the link to Huang's ranking of Chinese medals: http://modern-chinese-numismatic-info.blogspot.com/2012/11/huang-ruiyong-olive-is-one-of-pioneers.html

Strange, the 2013 expo medal is not on the list.

barsenault

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »

Looks like a lot of older dates.

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
Looks like a lot of older dates.

Let me guess, he didn't managed to get the 2013 expo medal? lol

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
This list was compiled a few years back. Huang said he would update it but I have not received his latest list. Anyways, newer medals are not likely to be listed as they are still readily available. (Don't just look at eBay.)

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2014, 12:17:12 PM »
This list was compiled a few years back. Huang said he would update it but I have not received his latest list. Anyways, newer medals are not likely to be listed as they are still readily available. (Don't just look at eBay.)

Dang, I'm disappointed my beloved 2013 expo panda medal won't be on the list till a few years later. :crying:

Someone please invent me a time machine! N24

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »
Let me guess, he didn't managed to get the 2013 expo medal? lol
You may not know that the so-called "2013 expo" was sponsored by Huang's organization, among others. Here are some pictures of that expo: http://www.coin001.com/read.php?tid=38537

Huang wrote about this medal. You can use Goolge Translate to get the gist: http://www.shbiz.com.cn/Item/220205.aspx.  He was advertizing for it.

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »
You may not know that the so-called "2013 expo" was sponsored by Huang's organization, among others. Here are some pictures of that expo: http://www.coin001.com/read.php?tid=38537

Huang wrote about this medal. You can use Goolge Translate to get the gist: http://www.shbiz.com.cn/Item/220205.aspx.  He was advertizing for it.

Can someone translate the articles in English for me? Thanks in advance.

I used google translate and I got this:

Although hastily set thirty Panda concentrated flavor - View of the First Chinese Panda gold coin collection Expo

On hand一枚first Chinese Panda gold coins to commemorate the Silver Collection Exposition , the latest work for the Shanghai Mint by Mr. Yu Min featuring design and sculpture. This year is the Chinese Panda coins issued to commemorate the 30th anniversary . Looking back 30 years ago , it was designed by a Mr. Yu Min carved 1983 27 grams silver panda coin won the World Series Claus "World's Best Silver Coin " award , which is the first Chinese coin was " the world's best silver " title. That year, Mr. Yu Min is only 24 years old , although inexperienced, natural talent overflowing. Fu Cheong away lapel , Yi Xing Fei Trent . Turned out 27 grams of silver panda panda stroke laid him in gold and silver coins , and even a whole new position in the Chinese currency altar carved in the field of design .

Panda gold coin issued today, Mr. Yu Min is one of the varieties of carving up to people involved in the design . Whether gold and silver , regardless of size , regardless of Cape essence, whether single or dual cat cat three cats, cat fans everywhere Mr. Yu Min sword works. However, Mr. Yu Min fairly low profile, rarely accepted outside interviews, rarely participate in currency altar event. So many cats fans wonder if he was actually Chinese Panda gold coin design first.

Panda gold coin , is the cornerstone of the new Chinese precious metal coins . Panda coins , as the world's most influential investment gold. Panda coins, the most international range of children of Chinese coins . Before Mid-Autumn Festival , China Gold Coin Corporation in Shanghai , Beijing and Shenzhen to test the water buyback Panda coins , and finally let everyone understand: From our side more than a super cash , which is included artwork , precious metals and cash function as one of the panda coins. If the test results are good water , repurchase Panda coins of the major commercial banks in the country will eventually roll out networks . This will greatly inspire the general public to become the new generation of Pakistan by master gold complex.

Panda coin , it is the best way to make working-class precious metal coins into the temple of the aristocratic collections . Personally, I have always stressed that although the amount of wealth , but the currency itself is more important than knowledge of the amount of wealth . Panda coins onset to 30 years ago. Initially only one manufacturer Shanghai Mint , Shenyang Mint after 1988 portrait also joined in 1996, and add more recruits : Shenzhen David Mint . Due to the small size of the general system of the Panda coin manufacturing and refining capacity, and involve a number of Mint manufacture , and therefore do not study its version , site, brochures, packaging , mirror and sand quality , stamped , survive in the world , as well as its derivative produced privately- glass paperweight , acrylic paperweight , necklaces, coins cards, etc. , have become the way to explore the cat fans relish .

There are two kinds of precious coins : one is man-made precious , as kind of a very small circulation coins and currency ; another currency requires deep knowledge in order to dig out a very rare version of the common varieties in another currency . In a sense, the latter is more rare , because the money and the opportunity to be able to rely on the former into the arms , while the latter is the first prerequisite for the realization of its currency to make one crazy .

The Panda gold coin collection Expo brings together the north and south of cat fans . Men are , gathered in Shanghai . Historical Panda kind , the concept of treasures , the cross enthusiasts friend , the brilliant play of Silver . If Panda coins fairs can continue to extend , in time , this good fortune cat Silver as a status symbol senior cat fans . A chapter in hand, close to countless envious eyes . As we all know , gold and silver coins for collection and investment dual function. If the collection for the first, after the investment , the process enjoyable , the results of fullness. Only heavy investment and light collection, lost not only fun , but a good attitude is difficult . So alone Lele , Lele is better with people . And if the cat fans numerous studies a thick atmosphere , high academic standards day, as everyone lucky , lucky coins altar too . Look forward to this event ; also sincerely hope that one day , Panda gold coins blooming everywhere in the vast land , no more than the enemy .

barsenault

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

Wow.  Very nice. I saw the medal in the pictures.  I also saw the 2008 Panda Banknote box with 2 medals...another one of my all time favorites!! :-)

Thanks for sharing

barsenault

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
Can someone translate the articles in English for me? Thanks in advance.

I used google translate and I got this:

Although hastily set thirty Panda concentrated flavor - View of the First Chinese Panda gold coin collection Expo

On hand一枚first Chinese Panda gold coins to commemorate the Silver Collection Exposition , the latest work for the Shanghai Mint by Mr. Yu Min featuring design and sculpture. This year is the Chinese Panda coins issued to commemorate the 30th anniversary . Looking back 30 years ago , it was designed by a Mr. Yu Min carved 1983 27 grams silver panda coin won the World Series Claus "World's Best Silver Coin " award , which is the first Chinese coin was " the world's best silver " title. That year, Mr. Yu Min is only 24 years old , although inexperienced, natural talent overflowing. Fu Cheong away lapel , Yi Xing Fei Trent . Turned out 27 grams of silver panda panda stroke laid him in gold and silver coins , and even a whole new position in the Chinese currency altar carved in the field of design .

Panda gold coin issued today, Mr. Yu Min is one of the varieties of carving up to people involved in the design . Whether gold and silver , regardless of size , regardless of Cape essence, whether single or dual cat cat three cats, cat fans everywhere Mr. Yu Min sword works. However, Mr. Yu Min fairly low profile, rarely accepted outside interviews, rarely participate in currency altar event. So many cats fans wonder if he was actually Chinese Panda gold coin design first.

Panda gold coin , is the cornerstone of the new Chinese precious metal coins . Panda coins , as the world's most influential investment gold. Panda coins, the most international range of children of Chinese coins . Before Mid-Autumn Festival , China Gold Coin Corporation in Shanghai , Beijing and Shenzhen to test the water buyback Panda coins , and finally let everyone understand: From our side more than a super cash , which is included artwork , precious metals and cash function as one of the panda coins. If the test results are good water , repurchase Panda coins of the major commercial banks in the country will eventually roll out networks . This will greatly inspire the general public to become the new generation of Pakistan by master gold complex.

Panda coin , it is the best way to make working-class precious metal coins into the temple of the aristocratic collections . Personally, I have always stressed that although the amount of wealth , but the currency itself is more important than knowledge of the amount of wealth . Panda coins onset to 30 years ago. Initially only one manufacturer Shanghai Mint , Shenyang Mint after 1988 portrait also joined in 1996, and add more recruits : Shenzhen David Mint . Due to the small size of the general system of the Panda coin manufacturing and refining capacity, and involve a number of Mint manufacture , and therefore do not study its version , site, brochures, packaging , mirror and sand quality , stamped , survive in the world , as well as its derivative produced privately- glass paperweight , acrylic paperweight , necklaces, coins cards, etc. , have become the way to explore the cat fans relish .

There are two kinds of precious coins : one is man-made precious , as kind of a very small circulation coins and currency ; another currency requires deep knowledge in order to dig out a very rare version of the common varieties in another currency . In a sense, the latter is more rare , because the money and the opportunity to be able to rely on the former into the arms , while the latter is the first prerequisite for the realization of its currency to make one crazy .

The Panda gold coin collection Expo brings together the north and south of cat fans . Men are , gathered in Shanghai . Historical Panda kind , the concept of treasures , the cross enthusiasts friend , the brilliant play of Silver . If Panda coins fairs can continue to extend , in time , this good fortune cat Silver as a status symbol senior cat fans . A chapter in hand, close to countless envious eyes . As we all know , gold and silver coins for collection and investment dual function. If the collection for the first, after the investment , the process enjoyable , the results of fullness. Only heavy investment and light collection, lost not only fun , but a good attitude is difficult . So alone Lele , Lele is better with people . And if the cat fans numerous studies a thick atmosphere , high academic standards day, as everyone lucky , lucky coins altar too . Look forward to this event ; also sincerely hope that one day , Panda gold coins blooming everywhere in the vast land , no more than the enemy .

Thanks so much!!

Offline Pandagongzi

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
Dang, I'm disappointed my beloved 2013 expo panda medal won't be on the list till a few years later. :crying:

Just wait for 30 years.  It will be on the list.  Sometimes huang is just talking about his own investment book.

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »

It's going to take quite a few years. 85 ANA and 84 Hong Kong Expo are still popping up now and then.

For your information, this medal (as well as the "Garden Series") was initiated by a group of advanced collectors in China, who commissioned Shanghai Mint for striking it. They are beautiful medals, but they are different from the "official" medals, and may not be included in the catalogs from China Gold Coin Inc. or Mr. Ge.

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »
Thanks so much!!

You have any idea what the article was saying?

It's all gibberish English.

For example, what is this sentence saying?

"If the test results are good water , repurchase Panda coins of the major commercial banks in the country will eventually roll out networks . This will greatly inspire the general public to become the new generation of Pakistan by master gold complex."

How is the medal related to Pakistan?

barsenault

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
You have any idea what the article was saying?

It's all gibberish English.

For example, what is this sentence saying?

"If the test results are good water , repurchase Panda coins of the major commercial banks in the country will eventually roll out networks . This will greatly inspire the general public to become the new generation of Pakistan by master gold complex."

How is the medal related to Pakistan?

lol! I thanked first and read later...didn't understand a word. :-)

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
It's going to take quite a few years. 85 ANA and 84 Hong Kong Expo are still popping up now and then.

For your information, this medal (as well as the "Garden Series") was initiated by a group of advanced collectors in China, who commissioned Shanghai Mint for striking it. They are beautiful medals, but they are different from the "official" medals, and may not be included in the catalogs from China Gold Coin Inc. or Mr. Ge.
Just wait for 30 years.  It will be on the list.  Sometimes huang is just talking about his own investment book.

I'm going to grow old and may even die before this medal become "hot".

This is worse than life annuity. N24

But thank god, I still love the beauty of this medal. :001_wub:

Offline Contrapunctus

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
lol! I thanked first and read later...didn't understand a word. :-)

Why that website didn't have an English version?